Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are now in 5th place in the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

We are now in 5th place in the ACC.

Feb 13, 2021, 8:29 PM

UVA beat UNC, 60-48 tonight. With the loss, we are tied for fifth with UNC but have the tiebreaker since we beat them earlier this year.

Our next goal is to catch up with 4th place Louisville, who is 6-3 in conference play (we are 7-5). The Cardinals have a pretty tough schedule left:

Syracuse
@ UNC
Notre Dame
@ Duke
@ Virginia Tech
Virginia

We have the tiebreaker over Louisville as well, so if we can catch them we will be in fourth place for ACC Tournament seeding purposes. This will be important, since the top 4 seeds get double byes for the tournament (assuming there is an ACC Tournament this year).

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We’re 5th in the ACC?

Feb 13, 2021, 8:31 PM

Fire Dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's a question - seeing as Lou will only play 15 conf.

Feb 13, 2021, 8:36 PM

games to our 17 - how the heck does that work - shouldn't that be like two ties (a win and a loss for record purposes)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a great question.

Feb 13, 2021, 8:39 PM

On one hand, we shouldn’t be penalized for playing more games. But on the other, Louisville shouldn’t be penalized for playing fewer.

I assume the ACC will just use conference winning percentage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That is a great question.

Feb 13, 2021, 9:00 PM

I was just looking up the Louisville schedule. The problem is the last two games are TBD and their best chances at a loss.

Not sure they play those or not but this could get interesting as far as seeding goes. Would love to see maybe Syracuse upset them or even UNC but we may need to do better than my original prediction of 3-2 to finish if we want to catch the 4 seed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is a great question.

Feb 13, 2021, 10:17 PM

no telling how many games anyone will play since its just a day to day and game to game thing. we will just have to see how it goes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are now in 5th place in the ACC.

Feb 13, 2021, 9:46 PM

Thanks, Judge, for always being so loyal to our Tigers! I appreciate you. Clemson is Cemson through thick and thin, and you recognize that. You handle the harassment with dignity. A Clemson man needs no introduction! Keep on being you, Judge! Go Tigers!

Thank you so much!***

Feb 13, 2021, 10:10 PM

Re: Thank you so much!***

Feb 20, 2021, 11:49 AM

Ditto for me going not to worry any more and rely on you to let us know of and when we should change coaches

Feb 13, 2021, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: We are now in 5th place in the ACC. ]

No doubt BRY. He's a better man than most will ever know. Every university would be honored to have him as an alum.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, that is so kind of you to say!***

Feb 13, 2021, 10:29 PM

Feb 13, 2021, 10:19 PM

And Bama beat the dog out the dawgs. Cuse won too. Our quality wins keep getting better. Guess there's still no updated news on our make-up games.

Have to take the Dabo stance, we should be rewarded for playing more games. I'd like to see the seedings based on number of wins. Jmho...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides someone handing out TD's, this is good

Feb 14, 2021, 8:50 AM

basketball discussion.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it must be one of his "Followers" since

Feb 14, 2021, 7:16 PM

he seems to get a TD as soon as he posts - they probably don't even take any time to read the posts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 9:11 AM

Yes sir! So happy for coach BB and the team. They deserve this. Now, just win baby and drive it home!

Hey Judge - I keep hearing from different YouTuber personalities who focus on college sports that likelihood of a conference tournament is slim to nil unfortunately. Apparently the NCAA is trying to create a safety “bubble” (dedicated campus village like venue) for all the teams 2 weeks prior to and during the tournament due to Covid concerns. Having conference tournaments introduces an opportunity to pierce that bubble window b/c conf tournament could expose some teams and they bring it into the NCAA tournament bubble without knowing it because of the timing of the conf tournament end and the NCAA bubble begin.

Regardless, winning is definitely going to help and it is more fun than losing. So just win baby!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 9:22 AM

This would be incredibly unfortunate for Clemson. Rarely do we ever have a legitimate chance to win the ACC and this year I think we could. We have proven we can beat Fla St and UVA is very good but have weaknesses as well. I know we can be a bit up and down but manage to pull out the 4 seed and honestly who knows what could happen. Winning the ACC would be a solid step in raising the expectations.

That’s an understatement

Feb 19, 2021, 10:10 PM

Winning the ACC Tournament - for the first time in program history mind you - would be akin to the win in Chapel Hill last January. It would remove one of the biggest monkeys in all of sports from Clemson’s back. I am hoping it happens this year - if not then at least sometime during my lifetime (I’m 56 by the way). Or maybe my kids’ lifetime (two 2020 Clemson grads).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well....

Feb 14, 2021, 6:26 PM

You always say we're consistent, so....

No, that’s not what I have said at all.

Feb 14, 2021, 7:09 PM

I’ve said that we are inconsistent, but not any more inconsistent than 99% of all college basketball teams.

Please read more carefully moving forward.

bullcrap...

Feb 19, 2021, 9:43 PM

You made an entire post challenging the people saying we're inconsistent.

Try to either a) understand your own words, or b) stop being full of crap.

Thanks.

No, I challenged those who said we are inconsistent

Feb 19, 2021, 10:23 PM

by asking them to look around at college basketball to see that inconsistency abounds.

This isn’t football. It’s not a handful of elite teams and then everyone else way behind them. It isn’t a 10 or 12 game season of once a week games, but a long season of twice weekly games. And lots more travel.

Basketball isn’t as physically tough as football, but it’s mentally tougher. It’s a grind. You’re relying on 5 starters who play both ways - not 22 starters who play one way. Inconsistency is bound to happen for pretty much every basketball team at every level.

People here who want to bash Clemson for being inconsistent need to look around at other teams to see how consistent they are. What they will see is that inconsistency runs rampant, especially as it relates to results.

What we can ask of our Tigers is to play with consistent EFFORT, with the understanding that it in no way guarantees consistency of results. See the difference?

Yet again, you're full of crap and change your angle

Feb 20, 2021, 2:06 PM

with every reply.

You were long ago identified for this apparently helpless trait, but you just keep doing it, like, every gosh darn day!

As soon as you can stop doing that, in addition to getting off your hypocritical high horse, then we may be able to get along.

I haven’t changed my angle on this, and you know it.

Feb 21, 2021, 11:51 AM

You just like to argue, criticize, and antagonize. It’s what you do, as evidenced by your low pulse here.

I’m still waiting on you to:

-Post something positive about the good season we are having this year
-Seem excited that we are an NCAA Tournament team
-Show any evidence whatsoever that you are actually a Clemson basketball fan

Now get to it. You have a lot of work to do to convince the rest of us that you aren’t a Coot.

Re: I haven’t changed my angle on this, and you know it.

Feb 21, 2021, 12:05 PM

Don’t put the cart before the horse Judge!!! Let’s win our next game coming off this second Covid delay... I hope we don’t have a similar relapse like the first. This time the schedule is much more manageable but let’s get a few more wins and see what happens in ACC tourney.

Like I said we need to achieve realistic expectations and than raise them. Win a few more regular season games, win at least one in both post seasons and I think this will become the expectation every year. After a few years of making tourney consistently we should be a sweet 16 team with some regularity. I really think Aamir could ending being a catalyst for higher expectations after he leaves.

I’m not putting the cart before the horse.

Feb 21, 2021, 12:24 PM

We are clearly an NCAA Tournament team. Our body of work this year shows it.

Check out Bracket Matrix. We average a 7 seed based on roughly 100 brackets.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Re: I’m not putting the cart before the horse.

Feb 21, 2021, 12:29 PM

Hey I’m hoping we make it no problem but after the first pause just want to worry about the next game and not have another collapse. I think we make it easy but never say never so let’s go win a few more games and improve our seed. I want to send Aamir out the right way so let’s see what the boys can do!

I’m hoping I don’t take a tremendous hit

Feb 19, 2021, 9:46 PM

Go Tiger Basketball!!!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic