Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: Are We Elite?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,380

Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: Are We Elite?

Dec 29, 2012, 9:53 AM

TigerNet Talk: Are We Elite?

The idea of being elite on the college football landscape is a goal every Tiger fan has at the beginning of the season, but being elite isn't easy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed this could easily be a launch pad game...

Dec 29, 2012, 10:00 AM

We're already top 15 next yr, but this W may put us in the top 10 or so .

We are not ELITE..... yet.

Dec 29, 2012, 10:16 AM

Our national perception is still we are upper middle but not elite. Winning the games we should is another step in the right direction but so far we have not had even one marquee win, and even still elite status is not gained with one big win, so I would have to say we are not elite. Right now we are not even the tallest dwarf in ACC. Flame away and call me a coot, I could care less, I am just being honest. You don't gain elite status by declaring it, you earn it, and then others will perceive you as such.

The word deleted above is MARQUEE.

Dec 29, 2012, 10:20 AM

Mar-key, or Marky, Mahre Key, but no Marquee? What up with that?

Re: The word deleted above is MARQUEE.

Dec 29, 2012, 10:46 AM

yep never have understood why that one gets censored

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is an HTML tag***

Dec 29, 2012, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It can be used in HTML or scripting. Makes the page act up

Dec 29, 2012, 11:47 AM

and this forum isn't sweet like PHPBB or anything like that where they block most HTML and use BBC for forum functions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This can't be a serious question. I realize it's a

Dec 29, 2012, 1:46 PM

headline designed to attract readers, but c'mon. We are a good program with the potential to be elite.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: Are We Elite?

Dec 29, 2012, 2:03 PM

i don't like media telling the public what the team should do; that is bull spit. also, clemson has become an elite team; they lost two games to two other elite teams. clemson has been defensively challenged, imagine losing a game where you score 37 points. nevertheless, clemson is one of the top teams in the country. clemson football has come a long way in the past five years. considering that the 1981 team wasn't even in the top 20 preseason, i think that clemson media are seeing the best clemson football that clemson has ever played. this has been accomplished despite second-class citizenship on the defensive side of the football, and i think this will be addressed. losing to south carolina was inevitable, south carolina might be in the championship game if they hadn't had to play georgia, lsu, and florida consecutively(sic), the last two on the road. be happy, things have never been better. by the way, have confidence, these guys will give a good show vs lsu. remember the pressure is on lsu; great opportunity for clemson, relish in it.

Dec 29, 2012, 2:08 PM

IMO..Clemson is not lightyears from potentially being elite but they are not inches away either. They got some good coaches, recruits well, but haven't got over that hump of winning big games. Don't get me wrong, Clemson has won a few big games but they have folded some key important big games. Not close to the level of a Bama, LSU, OU, etc. but again not extremly far away.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2012, 2:24 PM

Absolutely not. The ACC is at its weakest point ever and it is not just going to "bounce back" in today's climate.

All DABO's stats are bloated and anyone without blinders on knows it, I don't even need to elaborate.

No. Best win this year was against #63 Ga Tech.

Dec 30, 2012, 11:07 PM

We also beat #66 Va Tech and #67 Va Tech (Ref:Sagarin). Not elite. If we can somehow beat LSU, this season will take on an entirely different glow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,380
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic