Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Goodbye Brad.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Goodbye Brad.

Jan 19, 2017, 9:54 PM

Bring on Spring Football and Baseball! GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Goodbye Brad.

Jan 19, 2017, 9:55 PM

Never ceases to amaze me what dirtbags people can be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 10:04 PM

Well it is expected that you win. Sorry but suck it up buttercup! He got his transfers and now we don't play defense. With any job you have to produce results. Not happening so time to move on!! Another Bowden.

Once the season is over the determination will be made.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:06 PM

No need to act like classless jackazzes while the season is ongoing, buttercup.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodbye Brad. ]

Brownell is nothing like Bowden. Purnell was more like Bowden. He built up the program after the Shyatt years, who was much like West.

If we had signed Muschamp after Bowden left (as many wanted), that would be a more apt comparison to Brownell.

Jan 19, 2017, 11:01 PM

This is an excellent point! Pure regression.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodbye Brad. ]

I agree. If your not producing wins with your top talent there is no excuses. 7 years and nothing in the trophy room. That's all I see. You can argue one NCAA appearance with Purnells players. Been downhill ever since. Hate to be the realist but I watch every single Clemson game and go to most. There is no excuse for what I'm seeing tonight .

Thank goodness for the play-in game.***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:40 PM

We are nearing a decade with Brownell.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodbye Brad. ]

Maybe his choice of words isn't very tactful, but I just don't understand the dedication to him.

Re: We are nearing a decade with Brownell.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:10 PM

Nope, lack of tact was all I was pointing out. I'll let the rest play out without being classless.

Im sorry classless? find a safeplace.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:12 PM

Simply making a point. 7 years of this is enough. I have certainly seen worse on this site.. if you consider "Goodbye Brad." classless boy oh boy are you in for a awakening. The PC days are over, Pal. :)

Re: Im sorry classless? find a safeplace.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:14 PM

So you're saying we should all just grab people by the genitalia. Cool.

Yes, "Goodbye Brad", at halftime, away game in the hardest conference in the country, against the #12 team...is completely classless.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:18 PM

Ah, so it's ok to lose because we play in a hard conference ?

Sounds like something a coot would say about the SEC.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 10:22 PM

It's okay beacause we're about 10 years behind where we are in football, and people can't seem to realize that. Just committed to facilities, just beggining to make end roads in recruiting and Brownell has a 3+ million buyout.

All I'm saying is be freaking realistic and quit bashing a coach who loves Clemson and truly wants them to win. Is he the end solution? I don't know. But he #### sure deserves better than some crap "Goodbye Brad" post at halftime of one of the toughest games all season. As Dabo would say, that's bullcrap.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:27 PM

Fine. Keep him. This conference isn't getting any easier. When the attendance tanks (further) 3 million will be a bargain.

Yeah really..

Jan 19, 2017, 10:29 PM

Great hardest game of the season.. EVERY game is hard. its the freaking ACC not the SEC. Explain the loss to ###### GT then? NO reason we should lose to them.

Re: Yeah really..

Jan 19, 2017, 10:38 PM

Explain some of our crazy losses in football, especially in our building years. Everyone wants another Dabo and keeps acting like we should be on the same trajectory as football but doesn't want to admit Brownell didn't take over a program in the same condition Dabo did.

You are right..

Jan 19, 2017, 10:39 PM

he has taken a OP club that was making the tournament and turned us into this.

Re: You are right..

Jan 19, 2017, 10:44 PM

OP left the cupboard bare. Yes he got us to the tourney, but man how has everyone buried what actually happened when he left and pretended that were ready to emerge. When OP left, he pretty much left us at square one roster wise.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Im sorry classless? find a safeplace. ]

People act like the basketball program collapses if we don't walk Brownell out of town in shame immediately.

Have you been here the same 30 years that I have? You got the $3 million to send him packing? If so, maybe you should be in the court side club having a conversation with DRad instead of posting on tigernet.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Jan 19, 2017, 10:37 PM

Like I said, keep him but it ain't gonna get any better!! But hey I'll just do some home improvements in the winter and get ready for baseball. Seems you are saying "we've always sucked so it's ok".

Jan 19, 2017, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Im sorry classless? find a safeplace. ]

You must have missed the GT game earlier this week. Yes the GT game was a very poor played game as well. I'm a Clemson fan not a fan of a coach Losing consistently without reaching achievements gets real old..

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 10:35 PM

No, I caught it. Unfortunately.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: We are nearing a decade with Brownell. ]

How was the OP's post classless ?

He said "Goodbye Brad". He didn't insult him.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im even a Brownell guy.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:16 PM

Enough is enough. 7 years of this is plenty. Another poster said it best would we put up with this if this was football?

Re: Im even a Brownell guy.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:18 PM

Tommy Bowden says hi.

Does Brownell have a WR coach on staff?***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Im even a Brownell guy.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Im even a Brownell guy. ]

Well it's not up to us posters. But the 60 million dollar littlejohn makeover will decide his fate. To be clear these coaches are real people with families, but this is a business and it is what it is. Win or get fired!

Jan 19, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to We are nearing a decade with Brownell. ]

So clemson is tired of losing in basketball right? We would not and did not tolerate losing in football or baseball. If you want the results you have to change your standards. That's the bottom line. Brad Brownell has had his chances. We are the same as we were when he got here. (Buttercup out!??)

At some point this team might give up.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:40 PM

As hard as it is to watch right now.. it could be worse. I feel bad for JB. Came back for this?

Same people saying keep Brad.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:42 PM

All for loyalty but.. these are the same who were "JackPumpers" Jack at least had it.. and lost it. Brownell never had it.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:43 PM

You give the VT Coach the talent we have this season playing with a first round player.
Buzz would not be on a 5 game losing streak.
I say give him a nice raise over what he is making and I bet he would think hard about coming to CLEMSON

Message was edited by: badb®

Jan 19, 2017, 10:50 PM

You still gotta pay the $3MM+ buyout for Brad, and VT coache's buyout and lucrative contract to get him here. That's after you just purchased a sweet $60MM upgrade on your arena...that's a lot of money everyone's just hypothetically tossing around @badb

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

4 wins maybe?

Jan 19, 2017, 10:52 PM

@PITT- Wake-NC State- BC and GT only chance for wins?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic