Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are

Dec 31, 2019, 10:48 AM

driving. Anyone made the drive? It says 9hrs 15min from Greenwood. Anywhere to make up time ? Anyone else driving?
GO tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are

Dec 31, 2019, 10:54 AM

You can fly from Atl Mon - Wed for $126. Travel isn't going to be near the expense the tickets are for this game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a great price but I have to be back Tuesday***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:02 AM

Pluss..lets fo som maf. add it up

Dec 31, 2019, 11:32 AM

Gwood to ATL air port is about 3hr drive .. you gotta get there 2 hrs early so that is 5hrs.
Then the 2 ht flight... that's 7hrs

Plus picking up rental car and getting to your hotel.. lets call that 1 hr.. so 8 total

It is a 9 ...and half drive from greenwood.. you save 90 mins. If you are single the $126 may be worth it.

I'm taking 6..so we are definitely trnting a minivan and driving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Drove it last time. Not bad. We broke up the trip down

Dec 31, 2019, 10:54 AM

by staying in Mobile....then drove the gulf coast down to Nolo.

We are driving again this time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is your nephew going?***

Dec 31, 2019, 10:57 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Is your nephew going?***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:01 AM

.......nephew?

Not your's.. Scott's

Dec 31, 2019, 11:10 AM

I'll find out later.

I'll add if you're using I-10, there's construction. Lots

Dec 31, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Drove it last time. Not bad. We broke up the trip down ]

Use the WAZE App and it will show you real time traffic. A real Time-Saver.

Fastest route is through Montgomery and Mobile, then hit I-10 all the way there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Dec 31, 2019, 10:56 AM

Driving from North Augusta. Have spoken to others who drove last time we were in New Orleans and they say not a bad drive. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 7:54 PM

smokey® said:

Driving from North Augusta. Have spoken to others who drove last time we were in New Orleans and they say not a bad drive. Go Tigers!

Smokey, We drove from Aiken. Not a bad drive at all. 6 of us traveled in about 10 hours. Really enjoyed the time with the family

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are ]

smokey® said:

Smokey, We drove from Aiken. Not a bad drive at all. 6 of us traveled in about 10 hours. Really enjoyed the time with the family

Dec 31, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are ]

smokey® said:

smokey® said:

Not a bad drive at all once you get past Atlanta.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar to Scott...

We drove last time and broke-up the trip into two shorter trips. Much more manageable.

Flying this time because I have to work on Wednesday and I don't want to send all day Tuesday in the car.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:59 AM

It’s around 8 hours from Greer (probably longer this time since Mrs Noodle likes to make a bunch of stops)...I’ve driven it twice. Not a bad drive IMO.

From Greer It’s basically 85 - 65 - 10. All interstates straight into the city.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:01 AM

Drove down on December 15th for a cruise. Left Seneca, SC at 3:00am to get thru Atlanta before rush hour. Stopped in Auburn for breakfast. Then stopped for gas between Montgomery and Mobile. Got to New Orleans about 2:00pm CST.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:05 AM

My plan as of today.....Leave Sat drive until we get about 1-2 hrs from New Orleans........Check into our hotel Sunday- Monday night Celebrate......Tuesday wake up leave 6-7am..drive and Celebrate another Natty while driving all freaking day.....listening to WCCP radio

If you do any celebrating at all, you ain't gonna have much

Dec 31, 2019, 11:10 AM

sleep time tucked in between that and a 6am leaving time! Be safe, and here's hoping you do get to celebrate all the way home! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Driving to New Orleans, unless I win the lottery we are ]

I would suggest you go to Covington or Slidell you can get rooms reasonable. Just like you we had 6 people on our trip. So we needed two rooms. I just checked Priceline on your dates. Comfort Inn was 106.00. Super 8 was 56.00. I would venture to say if you plan the stay downtown NO, the room will be 250 to 350 a night. Covington is 32 miles to the stadium

yep. Many many times in my life

Dec 31, 2019, 11:08 AM

My grandparents and extended family lived in The NOLA area growing up And we would drive from the upstate 2-3 times a year. We just did the drive back yesterday in fact.

Be prepared for the Alabama doldrums. The worst and most boring part of the trip. If you want to stop for food make sure to do so in either Montgomery or Mobile as there is nothing in between on that awful stretch

Great advise, Thanks***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:14 AM

"advice"***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:14 AM

Excellent suggestion***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to yep. Many many times in my life ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Plan to stop in Auburn for breakfast.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to yep. Many many times in my life ]

Mobile for lunch

This Is Accurate

Dec 31, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to yep. Many many times in my life ]

Doldrums it is.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:37 AM

From Atlanta, the Montgomery to Mobile route is fastest.

You can also take the Birmingham route and stop in Tuscaloosa. There you can eat ribs at Dreamland. You can also stop to wipe the tears off the Nick Saban statue.

It would be hard to make it in 915, I would say more like 10***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking a private JET ????????????????***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:47 AM

takes forever to get through S Alabama

Dec 31, 2019, 11:47 AM

pine trees and swampland.

And 2 years ago, there was some attorney's billboard that popped up every other mile it seemed, the entire way. It was unbelievable. We figured he must have won a lawsuit against the sign company to get that many ads. We tried counting them but lost count.

this guy:

https://billboardinsider.com/an-update-on-alex-shunnarah/

Get used to seeing that guy's face. Otherwise not a bad drive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: takes forever to get through S Alabama

Dec 31, 2019, 12:00 PM

You will see those all through Bama. As you get closer to Mobile, you will pick up Gordon Mckernan billboards, which will continue all the way to NOLA.

I drove to Houston early this summer from my home on

Dec 31, 2019, 12:13 PM

Lake Murray via Birmingham, Meridian on to Lafayette, La about an hour west of Baton Rouge.

That was because I hate the stretch from Atlanta through Montgomery to Mobile, plus the congestion on I-10. I knew I-59 wouldn't be heavily travelled. It was 850 miles, which I drove in under 12 hours, but 85-95 mph driving habits helped. (I had just bought a new Camaro SS convertible and wanted to see how the tires held up under high speeds....lol.) I-59 ends at Slidell where you can pick up I-10 into New Orleans. From Greenwood I'm guessing about a 10-11 hour drive, depending on speed and stops.

Re: I drove to Houston early this summer from my home on

Dec 31, 2019, 12:16 PM

That route doesn’t go through Lafayette. You are thinking of Hammond or Laplace.

dang, Amtrak is only 14-15 hours. Maybe I should just take that and not worry about driving***

Dec 31, 2019, 1:20 PM

We are making the drive from western NC

Dec 31, 2019, 2:05 PM

and its about 9.5 hrs. About like driving to Tampa, except you have the task of driving thru ATL. Got to time that right...somehow. Will probably split it up and drive to the AL or MS coast and stay one night, then drive to NOLA the next morning. There are some What-a-burgers in AL and the plan is to stop at one of those on the way.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic