Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are living the best era in Clemson football. There is no
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 760

We are living the best era in Clemson football. There is no

Dec 11, 2016, 10:15 AM

more the "good ol' days", we are living the good ol' days.

Win or Lose, thank you tigers for leaving everything out on the field. DW4....the greatest QB in Clemson history. Not only because of playing stats or highlights or win/loss record, also because his accomplishments in the classroom.... and his support for the community.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO we have to win the Natty for this to be "best"***

Dec 11, 2016, 10:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO we have to win the Natty for this to be "best"***

Dec 11, 2016, 10:38 AM

I am torn on this . Think it is much tougher now to get to the top and win it all than it was in 1981 , it just is .
However , in 1981 we were coming off of a bad season tje year before so for that team to do what they did was quite remarkable .
I still think that body of work this current team is the best we have ever fielded at Clemson ...with all due respect to some really great Tiger football squads over the years .
Great to be able to debate that what you have at the moment may or may not be the G.O.A.T. in your football history , ain't it ?

High American Cotton !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We are rapidly surpassing the 80's. We're about even right

Dec 11, 2016, 10:35 AM

now. The difference was in the 80's our rise was slow and steady and we stayed a very good team for 10 years. We're about to that point now. We never had back to back years with teams as good as this one though. If we keep things in place as we have them, and don't lose anyone (assistants, etc.), Clemson will become its own destination in another 5 or so years. There will be no upgrade or incentive to leave. Alabama would be a lateral move for a coach. Clemson would also be in the same level of consideration for other coaches.

I honestly worry about Dabo going to Alabama. But as long as they do well, and Saban stays, the more Clemson builds towards what Alabama is. If they keep Saban another 5 years, and Dabo keeps us up in the rare air of the playoffs each year, I will worry less and less. When the Clemson coaching job becomes as prime as LSU, Michigan, Alabama, Texas, etc., then we're in good shape. It's almost there right now. But we need a decade of this to solidify ourselves. We have the intangibles already in place at Clemson. The place sells itself really. We just need the reputation and the record to go along with that and we're set for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 760
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic