Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student Ticket Solution
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,083

Student Ticket Solution

Sep 25, 2017, 9:11 AM

I can't stand hearing Mickey whine about student tickets. Advising kids to cheat their way into games is not the answer.

The problem is pretty simple - we want passionate kids to come to the games to bring a better atmosphere. The administration wants to be fair and avoid the camping out for tickets.

The solution is also simple. Create a points system based on other sport attendance. Basketball is a great example of where few attend. CBB blames lack of attendance and our declining ticket holders blame poor product. If we provide students an incentive (to where they can earn points for football tickets), plenty of kids would go to basketball games. This would apply to all sports and would help create a better atmosphere. Soccer already has great crowds, but there are plenty of home games in baseball that could use the boost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solution .. turn off that mouth breather***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Student Ticket Solution

Sep 25, 2017, 9:22 AM

While I agree with you there, the issue is that you have to have a critical mass of enough students doing that to know that you won't get a football ticket if you don't make it. Plus it adds a lot of extra tracking burden for events where you can usually just show up and walk in.

Unless something has changed, participation in Central Spirit will already get you this although I don't know if the ticket office started handling their tickets differently this year. Sure hope not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

We already have the scanners

Sep 26, 2017, 8:27 AM

The tracking burden is a good problem. We already have the equipment to scan the IDs. I expect this data could be collected per event pretty easily.

This would take some time to implement and you might have to provide baseline values based on grade at first, but to me this accomplishes most of the objectives.

- tickets remain free
- creates a culture of student involvement across multiple sports
- the student section would have passionate kids
- a student would be provided multiple tickets (2-4), so they could take a date or friend

The lottery misses on most of these. Camping out for tickets was great, but missed on creating the home advantage for more sports.

Sep 25, 2017, 9:22 AM

So under your system Freshmen would not be allowed to attend football games because they have not yet earned any points for attending other sports events?

Not all points would carry over

Sep 26, 2017, 8:14 AM

You would carry over some points from year to year (similar to IPTAY), but not all points would carry over.

This allows seniors to get some advantage but still make it approachable for freshman and sophomores.

Sep 25, 2017, 9:37 AM

Here's another suggestion! Students who only want to attend half a game should be a able to sign up for half tickets. That would provide +/- 5000 additional tickets for the second half group!!!! All seats would be filled (maybe), it would reduce student exposure to the uncomfortable elements of nature, and add to the cheering volume with fresh voices.
??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,083
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic