Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Future of the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Future of the ACC

Nov 26, 2012, 4:56 PM

Those of you who think we should stay, can you explain how the ACC survives the next few seasons and remains viable?
(this is not landblasting, just looking for people's honest [and calm] thoughts :)

I think if they were to be able to land ND as a full time member, that would plug the hole. Otherwise, I think you will see more and more defections ,just like Maryland, to conferences with more money. The ACC just doesnt have a TV contract worth staying for.

If the $50 million proves to be a farce, the ACC is doomed.

Plus we have a 4 team playoff coming and their are 4 conferences that are far and away better than the ACC. I think this makes the ACC the new big east or close to it.

Any reason why I am wrong here? I am open to any opinion for friendly discussion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Future of the ACC

Nov 26, 2012, 5:09 PM

Addition by subtraction! Losing Maryland will actually help our SOS. If the football schools hold tight and let the BIG10 and SEC pick a couple weaker teams we'll be fine. A 10 team football conference is not that bad. Look at the BIG12. Vatech is the key.

We are stuck in this pee wee football league.***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:49 PM

Nov 26, 2012, 5:20 PM

Yes but still all the weak teams are still here. The weakest ones wont be the ones leaving if we get down to 12 or 10 again. It will be the football schools and they will be replaced with the same Big East schools that led them to irrelevance.

There have been tons of rumors of expansion but one common one is the 16 team conferences. Why would the B1G, BigXII or SEC take whimpy schools when they can offer FSU, Clemson, Miami, VT... so much more $$$ than the ACC can? What is to prevent this? Like I said, getting ND as a full member then hoping the contract gets negotiated?

Why did the BIG take whimsy Maryland and Rutgers if you

Nov 26, 2012, 7:12 PM

say they won't take them? They already have. Tv, Tv, Tv!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC has no Future***

Nov 26, 2012, 5:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its needs to become a bball centric league that spans from

Nov 26, 2012, 5:49 PM

North Carolina to New England that is friendly to small private schools. Football can be Div1 but non-AQ.

That would be a perfectly fine league for the Dukes and Wakes of the world, but not for Clemson. Sorry ACC apologists, that's just how it is.

Re: ACC has no Future***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to ACC has no Future*** ]

U sure are correct but our BOT and barker refuse to see it

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ARE the Big East

Nov 26, 2012, 5:24 PM

Under the "say it long enough and it's true" method of dispensing truth, the SEC reigns. We can't compete with their cash, and there aren't enough "good" football schools left to form an elite conference. Thank ESPN for their SEC support, pollsters who give SEC teams the top marks, and superior talent that they now consistently draw.

Florida State and Clemson belong in the SEC. We're a perfect fit for types of schools and rivalries, but it's all about the cash until that magic day when the NCAA draws up it's own conferences just to make things fair... Riiiiiiight. Our future is that of "underdog spoiler." Big East, baby. And thanks, Swoff. You'll get the conference you wanted, enduring long after you're dead.

We aren't the Big East, but we could absorb them

Nov 26, 2012, 5:34 PM

With all of the musical chairs within the conferences, it is very possible that the ACC and Big East end up combining most of the remnants after the dust settles. After all, some of that shift has happened and UConn would be thrilled to step into the ACC already.

if everyone from the trailor park moves into your

Nov 26, 2012, 5:48 PM

neighborhood its time to move.

You can take the person out the hood but not the hood out the person.......

This is it

Nov 26, 2012, 5:25 PM

If you had a picture of it flushing with the mascots of the

Nov 26, 2012, 6:55 PM

remaining teams, you'd have it nailed.

Nov 26, 2012, 5:45 PM

I believe the future of the ACC is riding on the replacement of Maryland. If Louisville is chosen, I think that it shows conference commitment to football and basketball. If UConn is chosen, then it becomes an obvious basketball first conference and schools such as FSU, Miami and VAtech will be looking for a change... as should we.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are reports floating around from respectable sources..

Nov 26, 2012, 6:13 PM

that UVA & UNC are headed to the BIG10. Can't resisit the $ and stability.

This is supposedly going to trigger VT and NC ST to SEC.

Which would probably send FSU, CU, GT, Miami,Louisville, ND to Big 12.

BYU and Boise will go to PAC.

4 super conferences, it will happen, just when????

OK, OKST, KSt, Kansas, TT, Texas, TCU, Baylor, Iowa St,
CU, FSU, MIa, ND, GT, Lousville, WVA

Currently ranked in top 25: ND(1), KST(6), OK(11),
FSU(13), CU(14), TX(18), OK St(24)

SEC 6 in top 25 (all in top 10)

Big 10 NEB (13) NW (20) MICH (24)

PAC OR (4) ST (9) Boise (15) UCLA (16)

Big 12 is a good spot for us as long as we have some eastern teams to play regularly.
With WVA, Louisville,ND, GT, MIA, and FSU we will enjoy a few midwestern games each year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 6:43 PM

Well, the way I see it, it's like this... Name the conference that is losing football schools but is clearly committed to basketball and has notre dame as a partial member.
The answer?
The big east in 2006 or the acc in 2014.
Both answers are correct.

Landblasting? Do you mean lambasting perhaps?**************

Nov 26, 2012, 6:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just repeating a faux pas from a past poster. You must

Nov 26, 2012, 6:53 PM

not come on here often.

Wish that WAS the fact.***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Uh, no, it's land blasting.***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Landblasting? Do you mean lambasting perhaps?************** ]

Re landblasting

Nov 26, 2012, 6:51 PM

Lol land blasting is a joke from like a year ago

Who knew FSU, Miami and VT would come into the ACC and lay

Nov 26, 2012, 7:38 PM

one big fat egg! They were brought into the ACC to change the perception of the ACC and challenge the SEC. Well that project failed. The cream of the ACC is FSU and Clemson. Every other team is above average or average at best.

When SC joined the SEC in the early 90's I was one of those who laughed and thought what an dumb move. Now that decision looks like a genius move. And as bad as I dislike Spurrier that move looks good too!

IMO Clemson may have to endure some difficult times before we are able to be considered with schools like Bama, LSU and other top 5 / top 10 programs in a yearly bases.

It's all about the money now and the best thing that could happen to Clemson is an invite to the SEC.

As a football conference the ACC is becoming more and more irrelevant and at a much faster time frame than I would have imagined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Those of you who keep calling us and FSU the cream of

Nov 26, 2012, 8:37 PM

The ACC......you realize we helped kill the bell curve for well over a decade, right? It's not like we've been totally awesome ever since FSU joined.

VT and Miami at a minimum will return to form.

Nov 26, 2012, 8:32 PM

U are absolutely right.. and barker is leading the charge to complete destruction for the ACC...he and swoffie will ruin us fast!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic