Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday?

Nov 7, 2014, 12:08 AM

How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems the Cole haters are too stupid to read this***

Nov 7, 2014, 12:16 AM

the Cole Hater haters are hating the hatiest that's ever hated.***

Nov 7, 2014, 12:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Lol Cole hater haters

Nov 7, 2014, 12:45 AM

Only on Tnet

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said Milton Jennings.. oh, wait..

Nov 7, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to the Cole Hater haters are hating the hatiest that's ever hated.*** ]

nevermind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point?

Nov 7, 2014, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Seems the Cole haters are too stupid to read this*** ]

Cole did a good job tonight. That doesn't change the fact that he is not good enough to lead Clemson to an elite level. We won't beat GT nor USuC without Deshaun Watson. Sad but true dude.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point?

Nov 7, 2014, 12:33 AM

I agree about not Beatin gt or usc with cole but cole played better second half but he still stares down the receivers he is going to throw to the whole play most of his picks are from the db reading his eyes he just seems to get scared or just nervous in the pocket tho he did stay and take a couple hits 2nd half even tho the throws were off even the short pass to legget for the td I just feel like he was a great back up but just doesn't seem to have what it takes to be every down qb

Nov 7, 2014, 7:22 AM

Not only that, but he has Zero touch.

Every throw is a bullet and can't throw to a spot with touch. That's why his long passes are too high...wrong trajectory.

Not the skills for an elite CFB program, if that's what we are. Of course, same could be same of our OL....no push whatsoever. 3rd/4th and short has gotten downright embarrassing!

Nov 7, 2014, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point? ]

Cole has done his very best and with a great attitude and an obvious injury. I give him Lots of credit for that!!! Thanks. Cole and Go Tigers!

Nov 7, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point? ]

I noticed that cole didn't telegraph his throws nearly as much in the second half as he did in the first. He seemed to be going through his progressions and that may have been attributed to better pass protection. Recall that he didn't have a lot of time in the pocket in the first half but I also agree that if Watson was medically fit to play why the option or sense of urgency to play him wasn't shown during the fourth quarter.

Scar at home

Nov 7, 2014, 12:37 AM [ in reply to I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point? ]

Isn't much tougher than @wf.
We played like crap, buy played well enough to win.
Get over yourself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Looking at your history on Tigernet I am surprised by

Nov 7, 2014, 12:57 AM

that response. Comparing Wake to SCar is not smart. Get over myself? Huh? Have you been paying any kind of attention to the rivalry in our state?

Re: Scar at home

Nov 7, 2014, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Scar at home ]

I will have to respectfully disagree that SCar at home is the same as Wake. South Carolina will be fighting for every chance to get eligible for a bowl game and spoil our season. As much as I hate the coots, there is no comparing the two squads. Wake is horrible.

Nov 7, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I am a "Cole Hater", what is your point? ]

I hope they do not have to prove you wrong, but if they do, rest assured they will give it their best. That, IMO, translates into two more wins. GState is not a factor.

Sorry, could have sworn they said he was medically clear

Nov 7, 2014, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Seems the Cole haters are too stupid to read this*** ]

And ready to play if needed to win yesterday. So people were naturally wondering why we were sitting in a tie game during the 4th with him not playing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, the real world heard he was trhe emergency QB

Nov 7, 2014, 7:54 AM

That usually means 3rd on the list.Reading the post game, it seems Nick was the one gonna go in when Cole actually got REINJURED in the 2nd quarter.

Re: FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday?

Nov 7, 2014, 12:25 AM

I'm very frustrated with coach speak and statements saying deshaun would play if needed... When, in the game, he was needed and did not see the field. Yes, Clemson won by two touchdowns and the defense played well, but they were TIED with Weak Florist in the fourth quarter. Not to mention there were about 10,000 fans in the stadium. This game was garbage. A win is a win, but I was frustrated as a fan and a graduate of Clemson watching a far superior team play down to such a low caliber. The offense continued to trip over itself in the first three quarters and scoring points was like pulling teeth. Morris' statement that Nick was about to play contradicts everything Dabo had said and what I have been reading on Tigernet. My main question is: with the game tied in the fourth quarter to wake, how do you continue to play an injured cole stoudt who had made some very poor plays and had missed several key throws? I will answer my own question: Deshaun was not as ready as the coaches acknowledged. I hope he can get ready for next week because we need him VERY badly if we want to get back to the Orange bowl.

Watson's hand was taped. Throws in that wind would have

Nov 7, 2014, 12:49 AM

been tough for any quarterback. Cole, Deshaun or anyone else. Cole was not perfect but he played a very good game. No second guessing from me. To reinjure Deshaun would have been the worst thing that could have happened with GT and USC looming.

Re: Watson's hand was taped. Throws in that wind would have

Nov 7, 2014, 8:34 AM

Hello if we would have lost to Wake Forest then it would not have mattered if we beat Tech. We would not be going to a good bowl if we lost to Tech.

HELLO! We didn't lose.***

Nov 7, 2014, 8:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday?***

Nov 7, 2014, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday? ]

Nov 7, 2014, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday? ]

I agree, but what I don't understand is here you have a head coach saying that Watson was ready to play and that he would play if needed. Then here comes Morris saying that they had no intentions of playing Watson. So which one of the coaches is lying to the fans.

Nov 7, 2014, 12:57 AM

When wake tied it at 20 if the had went 3 and out the next drive, DW would have finished the game you can count on that.

If the Tigers had went 3 and out

Nov 7, 2014, 12:58 AM

Is what I meant

Nov 7, 2014, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: How close was Deshaun Watson to playing Thursday? ]

Did we win the game....Yes. So dog we need Watson in to win the game... Obviously not! That being said Cole does not r run this offense as good as Watson but he played the best he could and stayed in after the injury and won the game after we started running better. My question is why nic-pic everything that makes for a miserable life. If we would've lost T-net would've exploded. Good thing we won

Nov 7, 2014, 1:07 AM

COLE.... Great job brother, way to gut it out and lead us to a win!!!! Y'all haters need to take a chill!!!

Cole really played a good game, pain and all.***

Nov 7, 2014, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2014, 5:03 AM

About as close as Coach Tommy Bowden was to losing this game!

I don't hate Cole Stoudt, i just don't like the way he plays

Nov 7, 2014, 7:11 AM

QB. I've tried not to complain about it much recently since he's been our only option, but there's not really any way to spin his play into something positive.

Nov 7, 2014, 7:48 AM

The coaches need to quit saying that players are ready to play when obviously they are not. All that does is create a lot of disappointment when they don't follow through. I can't understand what they gain by making these false statements. It seems like it would be better to keep their mouths shut and if a player is truly ready have them show up as a surprise attack. Just dumb in my book.

Also, not kicking a field goal instead of going for it in the red zone was also STUPID considering our ability to make short yardage situations.

Nov 7, 2014, 8:39 PM

It's funny everyone is getting mad that Dabo said Watson would be ready if need be. That's just good coaching. What you gain is the other team has to get prepared all week as if Watson may play even though he won't. It's not like Dabo is saying this so he can disappoint the fans. He's just trying to get every advantage he can. Despite how ugly that game was though, I never thought there was a chance of us losing at any time and I'm sure Dabo felt the same way. If we really needed Deshawn he would have went in.

That is the total opposite to SI's article on the game

Nov 7, 2014, 8:53 AM

which includes comments by Dabo stating he approached Watson in the 3rd Q about being ready if Stoudt couldn't make it.

Also last night TCI ran with sidelines comments posted simultaneously as yours David, saying the exact opposite of what DW looked liked warming up.

Contradictory website reports, I follow y'all as well as TI and TCI, along with all the coach speak we heard going into the game leads me to not have good feelings about GaTech. I don't know who to believe.

BS..wonder what you would say if you had been 2 TD's behind?

Nov 7, 2014, 9:26 AM

You guys talk the talk Morris...but if the GAME WAS ON THE LINE, Nick would have been your choice? I call BS.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic