Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson's first TD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Watson's first TD

Nov 29, 2015, 11:00 PM

was amazing running. But I would say should've been flagged for taking a bow. I see no reason for that. Maybe I'm old..............OK, I'm old but I still believe in being classy. (I'll be called a coot now)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson's first TD

Nov 29, 2015, 11:04 PM

Lol taking a bow. You're old alright. It's called the Dab. And you are a coot.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't bowing he was doing the same celebration Cam Newton does.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:13 PM

It's called Dabbin according to Newton. Same dance Dabo did in the locker room recently. He was celebrating a touchdown and not taunting the other team or the coot fans. I have no problem with what he did. But everyone has a right to their opinion and I know many will say act like you've been there before. It's all in fun.

why is Cam Newton the celebration king of football?

Nov 30, 2015, 12:37 AM

everyone doing his Dab now and remember a couple years ago everyone was doing his superman thing too

exactly if they dont want him to celebrate then stop him***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:02 AM [ in reply to He wasn't bowing he was doing the same celebration Cam Newton does. ]

Nov 29, 2015, 11:14 PM

Tell 'em, coot

Score, give the ref the ball, go to sideline, and celebrate.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:18 PM

I love him, but I wish Cam Newton was not his hero.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Score, give the ref the ball, go to sideline, and celebrate.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:19 PM

Cam Newton is a class act bud. There is nothing wrong with celebrating.

I'm glad Cam is his role model.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cam and class?...........Really?........and I pull for him.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:26 PM

I just want our players to act like they have been there before.
The original #4 would be a better role model.......JMVHO

Re: Cam and class?...........Really?........and I pull for him.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:37 PM

Some of you older tigers are ridiculous.

Re: Cam and class?...........Really?........and I pull for him.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:49 PM

http://youtu.be/HXT-7z3AJr8

http://youtu.be/UzjLpxststU

http://youtu.be/EMbjaG10KHo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/08/cam-newton-gives-the-shirt-off-his-back-to-a-wounded-warrior/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article9093572.html

lol...

Nov 29, 2015, 11:59 PM

Newton will do anything when he knows the cameras are on him. Just watch him on the sidelines.....he well try to be so classy, but watch his eyes....always looking for the camera.

I live in Charlotte, NC and Cam has been a true class act...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Cam and class?...........Really?........and I pull for him. ]

He's very active in the community, especially when it involves underprivileged or sick kids. He goes out of his way to speak to people. He also gives his time and money to many different charitable organizations here in Charlotte. Say what you will, but I'm glad DW4 has him for a mentor.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, with Levis,penny loafers and white socks.***

Nov 30, 2015, 6:57 AM [ in reply to Cam and class?...........Really?........and I pull for him. ]

I disagree. He isn't invited to my thanksgiving cOuch.***

Nov 30, 2015, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Score, give the ref the ball, go to sideline, and celebrate. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Same here.***

Nov 29, 2015, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Score, give the ref the ball, go to sideline, and celebrate. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I dont like a celebration after every single play. However, that kid works his

Nov 29, 2015, 11:47 PM

tail off. When he gets into the end zone I want him to love it, to enjoy it, and to celebrate it.
I would love to see more celebration include those blocking for him, but then we would get the excessive celebration flag.
Its not taunting, and you don't have to like it, but just imagine what you might do at 19 years old if you just catapulted into the endzone for the score against your rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I dont like a celebration after every single play. However, that kid works his

Nov 29, 2015, 11:52 PM

Let them play, it's a game!!! Have fun keep it in reason.
He keeps winning, I don't care if he pulls a lefty out of his pads and burns it right there.
The boy hasn't ever crossed the line, and he is a true competitor

Old Tiger here and I don't see nothing wrong with it.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:55 PM

Go TIGERS..............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Old Tiger here ('79) - ... MHO its classier to act as if

Nov 30, 2015, 12:24 AM

scoring is expected. Not convinced it was 'flagable' but I winced when DW struck the pose, wished he hadn't, and wondered if Dabo would call him on it. Ford always had the players hand the ball go the ref.
When the celebration rule went into effect, it was so stringently enforced that I remember one of our own scoring in the East endzone and gave a quick salute. I think he later said it was spontaneous 'cause he happened to see the ROTC guys at the bottom of the Hill (I think it might have also been Military Day) and he was flagged immediately. To me that was not excessive celebration. I think at the time the game was still close and I feared that 15 yards might impact the result (I think we won regardless).
Saturday, it seemed the ref pushed DW to cut the 'celebration' short as if DW was at least on the edge of a flag.
Seems now, more and more personalized 'celebration' is being allowed. Has the rule been officially been relaxed?
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Maybe he should have flipped off the crowd.

Nov 30, 2015, 12:42 AM

Instead he chose to keep it classy.

smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You might want to talk to Dabo about that.

Nov 30, 2015, 12:47 AM

He sets the tone for celebrations. Don't act like you haven't seen Dabo do a fist pump or jump up and down.

Now if you've got a problem with taking a bow or something as harmless as a fist pump perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching golf...no wait, they pump their fist every now and then too. Try chess or shuffleboard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You might want to talk to Dabo about that.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:17 AM

Chess players are huge " watch me " celabrators ! Are you kidding me ? Those dudes go off !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Let the kid have some fun dude

Nov 30, 2015, 1:00 AM

It wasn't all that bad. I personally like the swag. Defensive dudes get to celebrate like crazy, so I have no problem with the offensive guys getting in on the fun as well.

Go Tigers!

Nov 30, 2015, 1:01 AM

NCAA rules prohibit players from drawing attention to themselves. it is a stupid rule, but at the same time Watson needs to show a little more maturity because he was pointing into the crowd after his second one which is taunting. He is lucky the refs understood that emotions were high and that game and chose to pull him aside instead of throwing the flag.

Nov 30, 2015, 1:15 AM

He was pointing into the Clemson section. That wasn't taunting. You guys need to find a new sport.

And stop trying to make Danny Ford seem like a saint. He cursed the refs out on numerous occasions.

I swear this older generation is a little backwards sometime.

Nov 30, 2015, 7:41 AM

Danny was before my time. I am just pointing out the obvious, he needed to act like he did all season, like he had been there and done that. It was too close of a game to risk a penalty, and he was not the only one.

glad they were having fun though, and I assure you this will be addressed behind closed doors, coaches make way too much money to let their players put the entire season in jeopardy of a celebration penalty, which the ref was entirely within his right to do. Glad the official showed restraint, and I am glad he got in Watson's ear.

Nov 30, 2015, 1:29 AM

I may be old but I like to think I keep up with the youth culture. It was not a bow.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:13 AM

They have thrown the flag for less than that on celebrations. I wish these guys would get it through their thick heads that it just isn't worth a 15 yard penalty. People say we are being ridiculous for complaining about celebration after td's or big plays. When we lose a game because of it (see GT a few years ago when Whitehurst was qb) cry me a river. I have also seen at least 3 blown out acl injuries (fsu/ugay/nd) for jumping into the air for a chest bump. Not worth the risk to me.

I miss the days when Sammy and CJ would

Nov 30, 2015, 7:28 AM

just give the ball to the ref and celebrate on the sidelines with their teams.

Act like you've been there before

Nov 30, 2015, 7:50 AM

I'm an older Tiger (1972) and I don't have a problem with a little fun. I just don't trust a Swoffie inspired Ref to not use it as an excuse to throw a flag. We sure as heck don't want to kick from 15 yards back to Switzer. We need to be very careful.

not coot, jounger; coot's penthouse compared to that...***

Nov 30, 2015, 7:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That you, dad?

Nov 30, 2015, 7:58 AM

Pop calls it 'showboating'. Cracks me up...and scared the $h!t out of me because I know I will say something similar in a few years.

Taunting penalty makes sense ... but, "excessive celebration" is a

Nov 30, 2015, 8:13 AM

stupid thing to throw a flag on.

At worst, excessive celebration is "delay of game" ... getting 15 yards for a little "celebration" is ridiculous.

They take the fun out of the game when they demand that college kids not celebrate, but let professional athletes do pretty much what they want to.

On the other hand ... doing what DJ Swearinger did to Andre Ellington a while back. THAT should have drawn a flag!!

But, strangely, it did not, while Dwayne Allen's "salute" on Military Appreciation Day did get flagged.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic