Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson...."make plays".....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,040

Watson...."make plays".....

Nov 13, 2016, 11:18 AM

I do understand that it was in the heat of the moment, backed up against a wall with reporters in your face...but Watson said "We just need to make plays...". I think this mentality is part of the problem. He tries to make plays when they are not there. He needs to NOT try to do to much otherwise he risks a turnover.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson...."make plays".....

Nov 13, 2016, 11:26 AM

He has been forcing the ball in spots that there is no play. You maybe on to something. Take a sack whatever. I think the Heisman has blowed his head up and he is not even in consideration now.

Nov 13, 2016, 11:29 AM

It would help if the coaches didnt put him in a position to make bad plays. That last int was a very foolish call..

Remember also that we was not free to run the ball yesrerday because of the shoulder injury AND we played a lot of the game with two freshmen tackles.

He wasn't free to run because of the shoulder?

Nov 13, 2016, 11:56 AM

I don't remember anyone saying that. From what Dabo said he was ready to go. He threw about 94 passes for 778 yards... doesn't sound like that shoulder was slowing him down that much.

He just blew it. When we're up by 8 points, late in the fourth quarter, deep in the red zone where a chip shot field goal ices the victory, the DUMBEST thing you can do is throw it into coverage where it could be intercepted. He did the dumbest thing he could do at that point in the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He wasn't free to run because of the shoulder?

Nov 13, 2016, 12:26 PM

How many zone read plays did you see in this game????

DW had no designed running plays because of his injury. I can recall only one planned run he made ALLNIGHT

In case you never noticed...

Nov 13, 2016, 1:35 PM

Deshaun Watson used to be known as being such a dangerous quarterback because if the play broke down, he could get the yardage with his feet. The Pitt pass defense was so bad that he almost always had an open receiver; but on the crucial play, the ONE play where he could have WON the game by JUST RUNNING IT, he refused to do what he would have clearly done in the past. He didn't have to score; all he needed to do was run it to the middle of the field to keep the clock running and set Huegel for a chip shot to win the game. Instead, he does the absolute WORST thing he could do. He could run and slide, whatever he needs to do. But whether it's the coaches who are too afraid to call it, or Watson is too afraid to run the ball, it's costing us. In a crucial point yesterday, in my estimation it went a long way towards losing a game that we should have put away on that drive.

I'm not buying the injury excuse. And I don't like the thought of "protecting" players for the future by limiting them in their scope of operation today. It cost us the game against Pitt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 11:32 AM

Coaches have to recognize that he has regressed in his decision making this year and not put him in those situations. For once...if we had played a little more conservatively in those situation yesterday, we win the game. I worry that the 'players making plays' mentality has infected the play calling. How about we be a little less predictable in our play calling and not depend solely on our better athletes to 'make plays'.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic