Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson vs. Trubisky: Predicting how good a QB will
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Watson vs. Trubisky: Predicting how good a QB will

Apr 18, 2017, 12:28 PM

be 4 or 5 years down the road, is probably one of the toughest things for an NFL GM.

For sure, if we were only banking on the next two years, Watson would indeed be the best choice based on total body of work and playing approximately 40 games in college compared to Trubisky's 13. Not to mention having much more success during that body of work.

Still, it seems many think Trubisky has a higher ceiling. Why is that? I wonder if race plays into it at all? Still, in 2017, we've only had two black QBs, Doug Williams and Russell Wilson, win a Super Bowl. Also, because of injuries in the past, I wonder if mobile QBs as a whole are discriminated against?

One thing is certain, whomever of the two was the best in college, won't play into it very much as neither is ready right now to step right in and lead an NFL team to a playoff spot. It all depends on who gets better, improves, and is the best in three or four years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good prospect to a poor program = bust

Apr 18, 2017, 1:20 PM

I hope that Watson goes to a team that doesn't expect/require him to be superman. Let the Browns take Trubisky, there's zero chance for either of them to be successful in Cleveland.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic