Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson needs to play the bowl game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,347

Watson needs to play the bowl game

Dec 10, 2014, 12:27 PM

Everyone keeps saying that he can't injure himself worse by playing. (In theory he could hurt his other knee too but that could be any player).

So why not play him? Oh right, these 17 magical days of getting a head start with surgery. 17 days in the grand scheme of 8 months until next season. Remember we start the season next year with Wofford and App State. There is big UGA game to start it off.

If we don't play Watson in the bowl game, everyone here seems to think of this bowl game vs a big opponent as spring scrimmage and lose by 20.

But it'll be worth it to get the 17 magical days for Watson. Those 17 days assure him of being superman next year apparently while waiting until after the bowl game would kill him for next year.

People are looking at it wrong. It's not a full extra month of preparation and we do not have a blockbuster game to start off next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he doesn't, he needs to play when we've got a chance

Dec 10, 2014, 12:30 PM

for something special in 2015, 2016 and maybe 2017. Not in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

And don't forget, surgery can't be done until swelling goes down. And if he played on it Dec. 29 you're talking a Jan 8-10 surgery date at the earliest. So it's not just 17 magical days..

T_I_P just got S_E_R_V_E_D***

Dec 10, 2014, 12:40 PM

Re: Watson needs to play the bowl game

Dec 10, 2014, 12:33 PM

I can see what you are saying, man..

Watson is an intricate part of this offense, and h3ll, the team for that matter, but I am all about him going on ahead and getting the surgery. He could play, win, and not further damage a thing, but the sooner he gets it done and begins rehab, the sooner he can come back after the spring, bigger, faster, and stronger. We supposedly saw the young and inexperienced DW. Imagine how incredible this kid is going to be when he is at 100% and seasoned...

While I do not want our seniors and team ending the season on a loss, its just not really a thought in my mind right now when it comes to the health of our future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 10, 2014, 12:33 PM

And when he destroys his knee amd misses more time or is never the same then what? Agree he can't hurt his acl worse but it can cause other parts of the knee to be prone to other injuries. A Bowl game isn't worth it he's our future and I think he played with guts for the team vs coots but I say let him get it done now and Get well soon#4

I agree. . everyone should play the tecmo bowl.

Dec 10, 2014, 12:35 PM

Best sports gane ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You're an idiot

Dec 10, 2014, 12:37 PM

If this was my son, I'd be telling him to put his body before the sport. Before the team. Before his career. It's HIS body... not yours. Not Clemson's. Not Dabo's.

Geez.... SMH at the ignorance on this board.

Dec 10, 2014, 12:39 PM

If he were my son, he wouldnt play in the bowl game............If he were your son, he wouldnt play in the bowl game........ I hate everyone thinks we dont have a chance to win, have you watched OK, our defense will eat them alive. SO we have to grind it out and maybe score less points, if they score none, we still win........A bowl game is a reward for the players, its not a reward for the fans... we got our reward a couple of weeks ago and there is no need to play the young man hurt just to prove a point. Again, think.......If he were my son........

Dec 10, 2014, 12:44 PM

Maybe DW wants to be ready for Wofford and APP. St to start building stats for a Heishman campaign. Everygame matters next year.
Let the Seniors handle the bowl game, they earned it esp. Defense, and we can win with Cole, Just will not be a pretty and the coaches have to step up their game plan.

Dec 10, 2014, 12:48 PM

well said.. i do think we can win. Our defense is lights out, last year against Ohio St , our offense did ok, but our defense won the game...

Surrounded by idiots

Dec 10, 2014, 12:50 PM

You're right Watson can't tear his ACL any worse than it already is. However, his brace bothered him and he was essentially immobile twice against South Carolina. This means he was defenseless, Dabo and Clemson fans were lucky he didn't get blown up on these plays.

Also, if you're so convinced Clemson can't win without Watson, feel free to not watch the bowl game and just jump back on the bandwagon in August.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic