Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching the Sugar Bowl again....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 984

Watching the Sugar Bowl again....

Aug 25, 2018, 6:27 PM

after avoiding to rewatch that game all year...obvious takes below...feels kind of good to watch that game and get it out of the system!

- Not sure why we insisted on run plays for every 1st down play. Kelly was bad but Tony Elliot had a bad bad game.

- Zero!!! yards in the 1Q - unbelievable. WRU needs to redeem themselves soon. Can’t wait for this season to kickstart!!

- We have a special group of defensive players - so proud of them.

- Deon Cain is not an alpha receiver. He waits for the ball. Didn’t do KB any favors. KB needs a quicker release if we want to win a playoff game anytime soon!

- Can’t believe Kelly Bryant said that he watches Cam Newton’s highlights before every big game...lol...he might want to change that pre-game routine!

- Hope our punting game improves this year. We lost so many yards to bad punts...it’s always the field position game with these big dogs like Alabama!

-Alabama was head hunting. They wanted to, and succeeded in taking out ETN. Hope we are ready this year when teams try to take out our best players. SEC teams are so dirty! I’m sure little Jimbo will try to copy that in 2 weeks.

- In 2015 I remember that we looked smaller compared to the players for Alabama. Now we look as big and athletic. We are not going away anytime soon!

- And lastly, JD Davis is not that bad...I’ve had my fair share of questioning the staff’s decision to give away scholarships, but JD Davis stopped Damien Harris on his tracks during their first drive!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching the Sugar Bowl again....

Aug 25, 2018, 6:49 PM

One thing to add here about 2015. We were more talented in 2015 than 2016 IMO. I feel like we were more dominant against them in 2015 we just kept giving up busted plays. We beat Alabama in every way except for special teams and the scoreboard but that’s the way it goes. You have to be complete in all phases to beat Alabama. I believe that had M Alexander not left that game with an injury we would’ve won but that’s just the way it goes. Injuries are part of the game and the 2016 team redeemed that game for us. There’s always a lot of ifs in sports but the bottom line is we lost and it provided a lot of motivation for the guys in 2016.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:04 PM

Had Cain not smoked weed, Shaq Lawson been hurt, Alexander hurt, Gallman limping all night, Mike Williams had a broken neck etc it would've been different. We didn't just have 1 key injury we had a LOT of production out for that game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:58 PM

Exactly but when MA left the game their TE was left open all night. The guy had like 225 yards on just a few catches. We were very close to blowing them out. Without those busted plays after MA went out the stat line and the score would not have even been close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic