»
Topic: Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 27, 2015 4:47 PM by: CU2013®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 3:17 PM

I really wish Clemson would add lacrosse as a varsity sport for both men and women. Riggs Field would be a perfect venue, and with the growth in popularity of lacrosse, I think Clemson could be really competitive in the future.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Re: Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 4:08 PM

Agreed. Budgets notwithstanding, I think it would be a great fit for Clemson. Some may say that not enough high schools play the sport in SC (I have not a clue as I moved out of state years ago), but if the university adopted it then I'm sure more SC schools would follow. Plenty of talent in the mid Atlantic and Northeast in the mean time.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse...

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 4:20 PM

Boys lacrosse is the 2nd fastest growing youth sport in the nation. Girls Lacrosse is the fastest. Lacrosse is particularly hot in the piedmont region of the Carolinas and Georgia. We might as well get ahead of the curve (and the coots) and add both.

I agree! It would make Clemson even more attractive to

[1]
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 9:19 PM

students who want to go to a great school and play ACC lacrosse.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Re: Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse...

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 4:40 PM

Atlanta has a lot of great LAX. Clemson should jump on this trend before the Georgia schools do. There would be a natural pipeline. I spent the weekend watching the ACC tournament and wish I the Tigers to cheer on.

I hate when people describe lax as "fastest growing sport"

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 4:47 PM

Of course it's the fastest growing sport, all the other sports have been popular for 100 years. Just because it's growing fast doesn't mean it is or will ever be as relevant as baseball, basketball, football, or even soccer

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 12:40 PM

Lacrosse is becoming very popular in both Carolinas.

This high school in Greenville is a power in girls lacrosse.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/04/25/jl-mann-girls-lacrosse-team-wins-third-straight-title/26363865/

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 1:03 PM

After this season in men's sports usuck will probably add one lol

2020 student level member

I dont***

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 4:45 PM

Replies: 8  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1268 people have read this post