Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching sports and drinking coffee.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 450

Watching sports and drinking coffee.

Dec 19, 2019, 8:51 AM

A few things jump out at me this morning...

-Dave Doeren better be able to coach guys up, because on paper, their recruiting was NOT very good.

-Mack Brown is legit. I questioned the hire but he's coaching hizazz off, he's recruiting hizazz off. We'll see them in Charlotte next year or the year after.

-UNC basketball has the worst talent they've had in a LONG time. The offense is completely dependent on a freshman that is hurt and out for a significant stretch. They're not a good team, and will still beat Clemson this year.

-Collins at GT made the biggest impact on his program in recruiting yesterday. Not the highest ranked class, but the one that moves the needle fastest of any ACC school. They had more headroom to move it, but Collins did well.

-The new guys, Brown, Collins, Norvell, and Satterfield ALL did well. I have a feeling the conference got a little more solid after the 2019 coaching carousel.

- I'm totally confused with Muschamp's class. They seemed to get rewarded with Burch's commitment even though he didn't sign yet. The class seems over ranked inside the top 20 by virtue of loading up on 3 star guys. Honestly, it's a crapshoot after the top 10 classes anyway and us Clemson fans have lived that before...at best that can translate into anything between 6-6 to 9-3 regular seasons depending on player development and game day coaching, so it says something that their consistency in recruiting landed them a 4-8 season.

-There is a HUGE difference in media coverage between Alabama inking a number one class and Clemson doing it. The Mange will complain, but I actually like still being under the radar. The bigger the media push, the bigger the target on your back.

-Lots of talk on the sports channels about the rock solid foundation of Clemson's overall program. We all know it, but looks like the media talking heads are starting to recognize why Clemson has gotten to where they are. The thing that tickles me most...Im not sure what we have can be replicated anywhere else. Listen to the other head coaches talk and you quickly realize that our 'system' is pretty unique.

Sorry for the Mange post (not sorry) but sports talk and coffee has been a pretty relaxing morning. Getting ready to hit the road on the annual shopping day with my old pal @orangecadillac, y'all carry on.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching sports and drinking coffee.

Dec 19, 2019, 8:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mack Brown...

Dec 19, 2019, 8:58 AM

I read an article about Mack Brown and his friendship with Dabo (which started when Dabo first got the job).

Brown says that he "lost perspective" at Texas and watching how Dabo does things helped him to re-evaluate and get himself back on track. I remember how good UNC was when Brown was there before. I agree with your mangey assessment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang!

Dec 19, 2019, 9:00 AM

I wish I had a shopping buddy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shopping buddy = midget call girl***

Dec 19, 2019, 9:17 AM

Re: shopping buddy = midget call girl***

Dec 19, 2019, 9:19 AM

Can she throw a bait-caster?

she would "be" the bait***

Dec 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

Re: shopping buddy = midget call girl***

Dec 19, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: shopping buddy = midget call girl*** ]

This is an unnecessarily high bar to set.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a substitute for your former recruiting wrapup?

Dec 20, 2019, 6:36 AM

Clemson needs a couple of teams to get a little better and it looks like FSU, UNC are them. UVa and Va Tech has crap recruiting and it seems at Miami it just does not matter what their classes look like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Collins (or whoever coaches at GT) will do well to SELL ATL

Dec 20, 2019, 7:19 AM

for their program. That is a huge draw for alot of high school kids. ATL is such a big draw that UGa is trying to use it to lure recruits.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire TB!***

Dec 20, 2019, 8:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 10
| visibility 450
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic