Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching some youtube videos this morning.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Watching some youtube videos this morning.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:09 AM

That's what you can do when you're retired and all the sports news on TV is about Kobe's tragic death.

Yesterday I showed a video of David Seville and Dabo to my Sunday School class. I'm sure y'all have seen it. This morning I called it up again to get the link and send it to a few people who requested it.

I started clicking on other Dabo videos. Saw some great ones. Here are two of my favorites. I'm sure you've seen them both, but watching them again would be worth your time. You folks are richly blessed that he is your coach. The NCAA is blessed that he is a football coach. He has impacted lives far beyond Clemson football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIDk46LiACY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJthIqp52yw

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You keep on and you're going to be a Clemson fan before you

Jan 27, 2020, 10:22 AM

know it!1 ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You keep on and you're going to be a Clemson fan before you

Jan 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

I am a Clemson fan......51 weeks of the year.

Re: You keep on and you're going to be a Clemson fan before you

Jan 27, 2020, 10:59 AM

gotcha!!! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Not All In

Jan 27, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: You keep on and you're going to be a Clemson fan before you ]

:)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching some youtube videos this morning.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

What wonderful messages they were! How blessed we are to have this man as our coach and the mentor for all these young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, “fsu” Bret has been around TNet since 2003!

Jan 27, 2020, 11:25 AM

6 more years than Moi! That’s special as is his telling others of our & Dabo’s successes.

Now that’s some special Sportsmanship, from a Nole!

Thanks Bret!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, “fsu” Bret has been around TNet since 2003!

Jan 27, 2020, 2:55 PM

I joined in 2003 during the coaching carousel. I try to follow it closely every year. That was the year y'all hired Tommy Bowden. (Being a Nole, and the Bobby Bowden connection, I spent considerable hours on here the days before Tommy was hired.)

Looking back on things, even though things didn't seem to work out with Tommy, they really did. Without Tommy, Dabo might still be selling real estate in Birmingham.

Re: Bowden was hired in 1999.***

Jan 27, 2020, 8:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, “fsu” Bret has been around TNet since 2003!

Jan 27, 2020, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, “fsu” Bret has been around TNet since 2003! ]

This! As he said in the video, though, He, had control of it, and Dabo trusted Him, and Dabo was just following His divine plan. The He I refer to is one who knows the beginning and the end, and He never fails.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 11:35 AM

It boggles my mind that there are adult human beings that despise Dabo and think he is a fraud. I truly believe that everything he says and does comes from the heart. I'm sure there are atheists that get their butts hurt by what he says but the only possible explanation for anyone else slamming Dabo has to be jealousy. Whether you're a Christian or not you have to admire him for just being a good human being.

I bet more christians disrespect Dabo than do atheists

Jan 27, 2020, 11:47 AM

I think you are right about Dabo's heart. I think he is sincere and authentic. He just happens to be wrong about the source of all of his excellent philosophical positions. Everything that Dabo teaches our young people can be taught without any reliance on the supernatural.

In fact, as an employee of a public university, he should be teaching these young people without proselytizing to them about his religious beliefs. So should his entire staff. It is his place to teach these young people how to be better athletes and better human beings. I support him fully in that. It is not his place to influence or teach or coerce them about his religious beliefs.

Re: I bet more christians disrespect Dabo than do atheists

Jan 27, 2020, 12:00 PM

I think you are right about Dabo's heart. I think he is sincere and authentic. He just happens to be wrong about the source of all of his excellent philosophical positions. Everything that Dabo teaches our young people can be taught without any reliance on the supernatural.

In fact, as an employee of a public university, he should be teaching these young people without proselytizing to them about his religious beliefs. So should his entire staff. It is his place to teach these young people how to be better athletes and better human beings. I support him fully in that. It is not his place to influence or teach or coerce them about his religious beliefs.

What players have come out and said he has coerced anyone to believe in what he believes. I think he does not hide his faith but coerce is a different story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I bet more christians disrespect Dabo than do atheists ]

What are you talking about? That's why everyone is missing on Dabo's success. The very thing you say he shouldn't do is the exact reason the recruits are coming to play for him. He doesn't force his beliefs on the athletes, they seek it.

Jan 27, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I bet more christians disrespect Dabo than do atheists ]

I kind of agree. I don’t like when people credit the cause of their mass success (especially financially) to their God. Their are plenty of faithful servants to the God of their religion, who will never come close to what Dabo has done. Just because you are faithful and pray doesn’t mean it all falls into place. My mother has been the most faithful devout Christian I have ever met. She is barely getting by, yet still gives her tithe. While her preacher is making 6 figures. So when I see someone saying they are so successful because they prayed, it rubs me the wrong way. Dabo could’ve died on the way to Clemson. What would people say about Gods plan then. Look at Kobe and his daughter. Did God not have a plan for them? Let me guess he killed them off to touch someone else’s life. I think Dabo is doing great things . Honestly though, God probably hates college football. It’s an entertainment industry, taking eyes away from him on the true sabbath day

Jan 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

God bless your mom. I believe it's people like her that are the Spiritual backbone of their Church. I can only hope I have the same kind of faith, she has. I'm on a fixed income, but the bills continue to come every month. I'm poor as a church mouse and when I die, I'll probably be poorer than that, But I'm in the palm of Gods hand, and I trust he will provide for me.

I sometimes think, it would be great to have Bill Gates money, but if I did, would I trust more in money to provide for me, to protect me, to save me from sickness, than I would in God? Probably. So I'll try to be satisfied where I am. I'm not speaking for your mom, or any other Christian, rich or poor. I just speak for me.

I've said a prayer for your mom, and thanked God for her and people like her.

Jan 27, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I bet more christians disrespect Dabo than do atheists ]

I don't know, but I think a lot of the players being recruited, are already pretty well grounded in their Christian faith. Check out some of the comments, that they make in their commitment interviews.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching some youtube videos this morning. ]

100%

Jan 27, 2020, 12:22 PM

I believe there are a lot of good and really great football players out there, but there are never going to be enough good and great men. That's one of the things I love about Dabo. I know the priority is winning games, but I believe his desire to build good men, outweighs that. It also seems in this day and time, it's tough wearing your faith on your sleeve, but he wears it well.

By the way, I think FSU is going to have a good team this year, if they don't I hope the admin won't pull the plug on your new coach to soon. I don't think it will be too long before The Tigers and Noles are fighting it out, for the conference big dog spot again, and that will be good for both teams.

Jan 27, 2020, 5:30 PM

I'm a religious person myself, and I believe what Dabo is doing is how things should be done.

That being said, here is some food for thought (not my idea 'cause I never thought about it):

When an athlete scores a TD and kneels or does the Catholic cross-your-heart thing, we think that's fine and correct. But why doesn't he do the same thing when the defense stops him short of the goal line. Why does the athlete not question God as to why he did not score?

Like I said, some comedian came up with this, and I had never thought about it until then. Now I notice it every time we score, or fail to score. Just food for thought. :)

Jan 27, 2020, 7:49 PM

Thank you for reminding!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic