Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Game Again....I am Not Worried About Defense Going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Watching Game Again....I am Not Worried About Defense Going

Nov 7, 2017, 10:58 PM

Forward For The Following Reasons:

1) BV Schemed the D Against a QB Better Than Anyone We Will Face Up to The Playoffs in a very soft bend but don't break model. Knowing what talent he had available it now makes sense. NCSU O-Line was pretty good as well.

2) Assuming we get 2-3 Key Secondary Players back he will go back to an attacking blitzing "man" defense and we will get better results.

3) Even if BV plays same D against FSU, he will get good pressure with 4 rushers, FSU O-Line is horrid

4) By USUCK game we should get some help on the D, hoping for no new major secondary losses. Also by USUCK Muse should have that giant hulk cast off.

5) Assuming all goes well with FSU, EL CID and USUCK, Charlotte will be a de facto home game for the Tigers garnering all the benefits of crowd noise and field familiarity.

I hated to see BV scheme NCSU the way he did but it worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep..use to Ben & Boys stampeding the opposing Oline like bulls!

Nov 7, 2017, 11:03 PM

But that's then & now calls for bending but not breaking..like at Cuse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..I am Not Worried About Defense Going

Nov 7, 2017, 11:51 PM

I didn't like the scheme either. But I guess because of the injuries in the secondary he had no choice. We absolutely got no pressure on NCST's QB all game. The one sack he fell down on his own.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ..I am Not Worried About Defense Going

Nov 8, 2017, 12:10 AM

I beg to differ. Watch the replay.

Nov 8, 2017, 6:16 AM

Their QB was NOT touched by a CLEMSON player. He was pressured, but not touched. He slipped on his own. Do they count that as a sack? Not sure. I think they did, but if he had not slipped on his own, then he would not have been sacked.

Nov 8, 2017, 12:15 AM [ in reply to ..I am Not Worried About Defense Going ]

He fell down because a defender was there which caused him to fall when he was trying to turn and get away.

The scheme clearly changed during the game...

Nov 8, 2017, 8:22 AM [ in reply to ..I am Not Worried About Defense Going ]

3rd and long BV sent the safety and Muse got to the QB. But Finley is very good and not afraid to sit and delivery a strike before getting hit. Without the back end help, I don't think BV and Dabo felt like they could risk sending the house anymore after that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

#2: pretty obvious to me that Edmond and Fields are out for

Nov 8, 2017, 6:06 AM

the year. I am very worried about our defense. Especially against SCar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: #2: pretty obvious to me that Edmond and Fields are out for

Nov 8, 2017, 6:30 AM

You have GOT to be kidding me. Worried about usuck? They are currently ranked 114th in total offense against a VERY weak schedule. 74th in red zone offense. 92nd in scoring. Where exactly is this worry coming from? Family members? Some of y'all are just funny. Let's talk about their defense.....115th in 3rd down defense. Not sure what you are really worried about.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That worry is coming from our injuries on defense,

Nov 8, 2017, 8:16 AM

poor coverage, lack of a pass rush, and how we let teams hang around. We will be in a 4th quarter game on the 25th.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic