Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watch out for the Coastal Division
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,807

Watch out for the Coastal Division

Oct 23, 2017, 11:09 PM

With FSU and Looserville taking a dump on all we call sacred football, Miami and VT have risen from the ashes to claim a healthy spot in the top 25. I predict that under Fuente and Richt we will continue to see their recruitment get better as well as their winning records. I will further predict that the VT Clemson rivalry of not so long ago will be real again and that FSU is looking a lot like LSU and they are done. 1/2 more seasons of this and it's a new coach and "rebuilding" time as the optimist call it. My oh my how the landscape changes after a storm. Think I will go make myself some coffee.
GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yes and the crystal ball says Petrino to Tennessee***

Oct 23, 2017, 11:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch out for the Coastal Division

Oct 23, 2017, 11:15 PM

It's about dang time VT and Miami started playing football. We brought them into the conference what feels like 50 years ago, and they promptly started sucking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so fast, my friend!

Oct 24, 2017, 6:39 AM

Tech had a few good years when they first joined the conference - winning two or three ACC championships. Their QB after Vick was excellent - and a good guy at that. After he left, they started their slide.

You are correct about Miami. They have taken the last 15 years off - much like we did under Hatfield and West.

The Tech-Miami rivalry will be interesting. They really went at it in the old Big East conference. Meanwhile, we are stuck playing Ga Tech every year with PJ's offense which is an attack against the knees of our linemen, if not also an attack against all civilization.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Watch out for the Coastal Division ]

LOL you have orange and purple glasses. VT won 4 of the first 7 conference titles when joining the conference. The last was 2010, but I see the upward trend under Fuente. I envision a lot of Clemson-VT title games in the near future. Miami will always be "back" until it is crunch time on their schedule.

Oct 24, 2017, 10:43 AM

You did indeed come in and win the conference. That was kind of the point, to bring VT and Miami in to strengthen the national perception of the ACC.

Unfortunately you fell short of helping the national perception, results below for proof. I stand by my assessment.

2004 ACC Champions, lost Sugar Bowl
2005 Coastal Champions, lost ACC Championship
2007 ACC Champions, lost Orange Bowl
2008 ACC Champions, won Orange Bowl
2010 ACC Champions, lost Orange Bowl
2011 Coastal Champions, lost ACC Championship and Sugar Bowl

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Watch out for the Coastal Division ]

Richt has them playing as well as they have in 15 years . They will recruit better than VT simply based on their ridiculous proximity to the south Florida football flood plain .
Also , since he is an alum , Mark Richt will not just retire in a year or two ...and he really cares about the product .
I think it is just as likely that UM would be at the top of the Coastal year in and year out as VT ...and maybe even more likely the way they look right now.
Lot of football left though .

Thank goodness.

DB23

What Clemson-Va Tech rivalry? We only play them once

Oct 24, 2017, 12:38 AM

every 7 years with the rotation unless we meet in the ACCCG.

Re: What Clemson-Va Tech rivalry? We only play them once

Oct 24, 2017, 5:42 AM

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe OP just means competitive games once again?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 8:36 AM

We haven't played a competitive game with them aside from the last year's ACCCG. '11 was 23-3 and 38-10, '12 was 38-17 and we know what happened this year

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 8:37 AM

Speaking in terms of the last decade^

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,807
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic