Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watch out for NCst
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,042

Watch out for NCst

Jul 11, 2017, 6:21 PM

Not that they aren't always a huge game that somehow a lot of us look past we don't have DW4 this year to make up for bone head plays. It'll be a good game this year for sure if NCSt can muster up an offense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch out for NCst

Jul 11, 2017, 6:32 PM

The good thing is they maybe still be tired from whupping the coots all over the field

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

GoTigerz had a good point today. He mentioned that last

Jul 11, 2017, 6:37 PM

year they had 4 cupcakes leading up to us. You know they spent time on Clemson each week. Even if the players didn't....the support staff probably did. Plus, we has a couple of fluke plays too...What was it ...a forty or fifty yard pass play where our receiver is trying to get extra yards and drops the ball 1 foot from the sideline on about their 10 and it stays in bounds for a State recovery....Didn't we fummble a couple of times after long drives ?

Re: GoTigerz had a good point today. He mentioned that last

Jul 11, 2017, 6:56 PM

Not to mention Watson being distracted over the ball being replaced, and then going up to the line after the d had shifted, didn't see a DB sliding over for an easy pick 6. That game should not have been close. I truly believe that the team had so much confidence that they could come back from anything they would get complacent at times. Was Troy close to our boys talents? Was NC State? Heck No. Obviously it bit them in the butt finally with Pitt, but I will go to my grave thinking that as much as I would have loved a shot at them being the first team to go 15-0, that the Pitt Loss was just what the Dr. ordered. After that the focus was nasty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can point that all out

Jul 11, 2017, 7:20 PM [ in reply to GoTigerz had a good point today. He mentioned that last ]

But they hang in there somehow every year with us except every so often we take the to the woodshed.

They aren't far behind us on starters in key spots IMO

Jul 11, 2017, 7:40 PM

Very true but some of those plays were DW pushing it trying to make passes that weren't there.i live DW and he will always be best qb we have ever had until someone takes it but I feel like our throws will be a little bit more conservative this year with our great defense we just need the offense to put i some points and avoid turnovers and I think we will be just fine and in posistion to repeat or atleast makenit to playoffs!!

"huge game"

Jul 11, 2017, 8:42 PM

I heavily disagree. More of a gnat, or more of a remora riding the side, winning once in a blue moon...

Please be more apt in your descriptions of our opponents...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2017, 9:03 PM

Look... I was at that game a few things everyone needs to remember...

-NCST had over 120 yds approximately of penalties. -- Probably b/c as fans we brought the noise!
-They missed crucial field goals
-Though we put together some strong drives and had the home field deafening adv. they still managed to get good multiple short pass completions all day.
*They always play some of their best ball of the year against us (much like how I imagine FSU fans feel about us).
*We didn't quit but they for the most part had us beat because we didn't have that killer focus someone mentioned (both sides of the ball)
*We played to the final bell and I'm glad we won. Some might say we were luckier than them that day.

Side note -- Wolfpackers s*ck:
It was a freakin' nail biter. NCST fans are not cute or polite for the most part (even as guests). They reveled in the closeness and there were bad fans all around me and my dad. This is coming from a NC boy, who has multiple friends etc who are alumni, but regardless they s*ck as fans.

Our trap games this year:
Auburn, Louisville, NCST, FSU, VT. -- SC s*cks but we gotta take it to those Coots for another year in a row, with all due respect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing

Jul 11, 2017, 9:13 PM

Could make me happier than a 69 -0'win in Raleigh. I have to live and work with these guys! My two sons are wolfies too!

I look for a focused team to make the trip to NCSU. Last year could actually benefit us.

Go Tigers

Not to discount the Pack, but ...

Jul 12, 2017, 9:04 AM

... all the cautious concern reminds me a bit of the "We only won by 5 points." thing we heard for a full year after the 2015 SCAR game.

We had to scramble to beat The Pack last year, no doubt. They played about as good as they possibly could and we played a pretty miserable game overall.

We committed a lot of boneheaded mistakes.

And if we're being honest, a couple of the more serious boneheaded plays that kept NC State in the game last year were made by DW4 himself.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic