Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watch Out for Satterfield and the Cards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Watch Out for Satterfield and the Cards

Oct 15, 2019, 8:56 AM

The Tigers should have no problem with Louisville on paper but Satterfield was a coach at App State when they won 3 consecutive championships, beat Michigan and took Penn State to the brink (eventually losing in OT). He is a master motivator and will have Louisville ready to play the Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he'll bring everything he's got.***

Oct 15, 2019, 8:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, he'll bring everything he's got.***

Oct 15, 2019, 9:02 AM

Yes , this is the game we need to be worrying about! If we play "close" to our ability we will win. but they will throw the kitchen sink at us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, he'll bring everything he's got.***

Oct 15, 2019, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Yes, he'll bring everything he's got.*** ]

He has really earned my respect by instilling discipline on a program I had thought was beyond it.

Very few penalties, several uncharacteristic cheap shots by Wake players that the Cards did not respond to, lots of hustle. IOW, they were focused on playing fast and winning. And at FSU, they spotted the Noles 21 first quarter points before coming back to win, so they're not gonna quit until the game is over.

Now, I didn't watch the whole game against Wake, just the 37-minute version, so I could have missed a bit. And they may not be nearly as disciplined at home, defending the Papa turf.

But I tend to worry more about teams that play fast and focus on winning. It takes BV out of the game a little bit. I still trust us to have more talented, cohesive play, but that frenetic pace will drive everybody crazy and wear down your frontline guys.

Munson better rest his voice until Saturday. The other radio guys won't get any chance to talk once the game starts.

Re: Watch Out for Satterfield and the Cards

Oct 15, 2019, 9:02 AM

He's got them fired up!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That hardest part for Clemson fans...

Oct 15, 2019, 9:16 AM

will be navigating their way through the parking lots among all the thugs and gang bangers without getting stabbed, shot, assaulted, or robbed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That hardest part for Clemson fans...

Oct 15, 2019, 10:47 AM

This will be my first visit to a Tiger game at Louisville so I'll have to take your word about parking lot thugs. Hopefully, since it's a noon game, the thugs will still be sleeping when everyone is parking and heading into the stadium.

Actually he was OC when they beat Michigan but your

Oct 15, 2019, 9:22 AM

point is still dead on. This guy is the next up and coming coach and we better be ready on defense especially. The FR QB Conley is good and Satterfield knows how to put up points. And he also knows how to recruit. A lot of schools missed out on not hiring him.

I'm not concerned about any team...

Oct 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

that gives-up 59 to Wake, 39 to BC, 35 to FSU.

Clemson is going to boat race Louisville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed let's not turn everybody into world beaters***

Oct 15, 2019, 9:27 AM

While I think Satterfield is a good coach...

Oct 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

and he was a good hire for Louisville, he's got a long way to go and a lot of work ahead of him in order to change the Petrino culture make this team really competitive again.

I'm wondering if Louisville still takes an unlimited number or partial qualifiers each year of if their grace period with the ACC has expired.

Don't believe I mentioned L'ville's defense. I'm 'concerned'

Oct 15, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I'm not concerned about any team... ]

about them getting us in back and forth 'whomever has the ball last' situation. Do I expect to lose? Nope. But these guys are well coached and I'm acknowledging that. Had we all, especially our players, acknowledged that about UNC it might've been not such a nailbiter.

Re: Actually he was OC when they beat Michigan but your

Oct 15, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Actually he was OC when they beat Michigan but your ]

Pretty sure he was QB coach during that Michigan game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was listed as QB coach but he called plays. Not sure why

Oct 15, 2019, 10:29 AM

he wasn't listed as OC.

Who gives a crap about Satterfield? It's Louisville.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

We've never lost to them and we're not about to this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 15, 2019, 10:49 AM

When Satterfield brought his championship App State team into Death Valley in 2015 we stomped them 41-10. Don't get me wrong - Satterfield is a good coach and will have Louisville back in good shape relatively quickly, BUT Louisville's defense is horrendous and they have not faced a decent defense all year. I would be very surprised if we aren't comfortably ahead by the 3rd quarter. Also - Louisville has never beaten Clemson...after this weekend that fact will still be true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

I'm pretty sure Dabo will have the Tigers 100% focused on Louisville.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:59 AM

Yes, Satterfield was listed as the QB coach for the Michigan win. I do believe the Tigers have the superior talent and will win. What I don't want to see is the Tigers getting in a back and forth scoring event with Louisville staying close because anything can happen.

With all that said, I do believe Venables will come up with a game plan to stop the Cards offense. Satterfield is a good coach and I'm sure he's going to do something to try and counter Venables as the game goes on. A battle of the minds.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic