Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Jeff Scott and Wofford: I remember the boos
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Jeff Scott and Wofford: I remember the boos

Aug 28, 2015, 1:03 PM

Jeff Scott and Wofford: I remember the boos

Jeff Scott remembers the boos. They echo in his memories every time he thinks about walking off the field against Wofford in 2011, the boos raining down on his head as he made his way into the locker room at halftime. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that I know that the coaching staff is aware of the

Aug 28, 2015, 1:15 PM

dangers of Wofford. I'm revising my earlier prediction of 35-17. Swami cap off I'm saying more like 48-17. Shut it down early, and get the newbs some PT, but staying at a high level. Jeff Scott is proving himself more and more to be head coaching material. Elliot is a less vocal, right behind.

Re: Now that I know that the coaching staff is aware of the

Aug 28, 2015, 1:18 PM

I was worried we as fans were over looking this game but thank goodness the coaches are letting the young ins know what could happen. Good job coach Scott!!

Aug 28, 2015, 3:55 PM

one game at a time, sweet jesus.
i never overlook anyone.

Aug 29, 2015, 2:52 AM

So true...take each game and execute, believing in yourself but don't be cocky and be overconfident... Go Tigers!!

Those weren't boos

Aug 28, 2015, 1:17 PM

Those were woo hoos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those weren't boos

Aug 28, 2015, 1:21 PM

Nah.... They weren't woo hoos. Lol. The Chad left more to be desired after that day. That game was a struggle. Wofford wanted it more but talent prevailed.

Don't you understand....

Aug 28, 2015, 1:32 PM

we just didn't want to be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our only hopes for this game...

Aug 28, 2015, 1:19 PM

is that our guys will be competing for playing time and the coaches' efforts to keep the score down won't be calling the jet sweep and tying to protect our starters from unnecessary injuries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't that year Swinney realized our D sucked?

Aug 28, 2015, 1:29 PM

Steele couldn't keep Wofford from scoring and had the D struggling even against MD who was really, really awful that year. Then there was the OB.....holy crap!

Our defensive coaching and recruiting is so much better now than that era there just isn't much to compare. No way Wofford can get close to the same success even with our inexperience. Talent is just too different.

good point

Aug 28, 2015, 1:33 PM

TU

Re: Wasn't that year Swinney realized our D sucked?

Aug 28, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Wasn't that year Swinney realized our D sucked? ]

I hope that our defense players have played against some wishbone or single wing teams...if I had any advice for the coaching staff; if you win the toss you need to receive not kick...I think the first quarter could really be tough on our defense....

Re: Wasn't that year Swinney realized our D sucked?

Aug 29, 2015, 2:54 AM [ in reply to Wasn't that year Swinney realized our D sucked? ]

Don't under estimate Wofford!

Re: New Story: Jeff Scott and Wofford: I remember the boos

Aug 28, 2015, 1:36 PM

I thought we were all saying Boo-urns.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old Story: Spurrier and UCF: I remember the booze***

Aug 28, 2015, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were saying boo urns...***

Aug 28, 2015, 1:56 PM

GO TIGERS

In the phrase "ready play," is the "to" implied?***

Aug 28, 2015, 2:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record, I wasn't booing.

Aug 28, 2015, 2:53 PM

But I was sweating bullets. BV has proven more effective at stopping the option than Steele. We'll be fine.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

LSU is welcome to have Kevin Steele***

Aug 28, 2015, 5:12 PM

Re: LSU is welcome to have Kevin Steele***

Aug 28, 2015, 6:13 PM

I sat beside a Clemson alum from 1972 that had " imported some exported scotch " in his jockeys . That guy was funny as heyall to listen to as the game remained in question into the latter part of the 4th . Never forget that dude . He was a hoot . Name was Jerry and he sits in the lower deck south , next to the hill .
Hey Jerry , HOLLA !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 29, 2015, 12:50 AM

I am glad the terrible memory is on their minds. I will not boo, no matter what, but we need to put a boat racing curb stomping #### whooping on everybody we play this year, starting with Wofford.

Aug 29, 2015, 2:49 AM

No one should underestimate the Wofford Terriers. They will be out there nipping at your heels at every chance they can get. Clemson seems to always start out slow. I hope they come out with a lot of execution and not taking Wofford seriously. If the Tigers do that they will find themselves on the losing end. Teams like Wake Forest, Duke, NC State are teams we don't want to take lightly.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 29, 2015, 2:45 PM

We will find out shortly, but my money is on us winning in a big way. Maybe not so much in point spread, although that could happen, too, but in the overall scoring domination.

Part of the time it wasn't "boo", it was "Nuk", "Nuuuk"***

Aug 29, 2015, 4:18 AM

You're absolutely right-Nuuuuukkkkk-wish we could do it now!***

Aug 29, 2015, 10:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic