Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This can’t be good for recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,929

This can’t be good for recruiting

Nov 11, 2019, 10:22 PM

South Carolina board members talking openly about Muschamp’s buyout. Hahahaha. If they can’t afford, it begs the question...why did the University agree to it!! It’s not like Muschamp hadn’t been fired before AND recently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article237241089.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This can’t be good for recruiting

Nov 11, 2019, 10:28 PM

Gamecocks got their man. Why wouldn’t they give him a great contract extension after a 7 win season??
He had the best first 3 years of any coot coach evah. Historic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Wasn't he like their eighth choice?

Nov 11, 2019, 10:32 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't he like their eighth choice?

Nov 11, 2019, 10:33 PM

Not according to Ray Tanner and Pres Pastides.
“We got our man”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wasn't he like their eighth choice?

Nov 11, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Wasn't he like their eighth choice? ]

I thought they couldn't get anybody, and Mustkeep was standing at the door waiting on someone to open it, they did and he walked in!!!:)

The CPI logo behind Mustchump must stand for

Nov 11, 2019, 10:31 PM

Clemson Property Inc. A reminder to the coots that the rent is due.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 10:31 PM

The incompetence is so breathtakingly spectacular, they’ve refined it, patented it and made it an art form.

Gotta admit that Moosecramps ain't as stupid as he looks...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:38 PM

...or perhaps his agent. A heck of a lot smarter than the coots running that asylum...but that ain't sayin' much.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 10:48 PM

Look for a rash of De-cootment count down to start at any second 10!!!;)

Nov 11, 2019, 11:16 PM

They covered this on Kornblut's show tonight.

This poll was conducted by The State. There was no organic groundswell of board members trying to create a move to fire Mus. His job is probably safe for one more year, at least. Though some of his assistants may not be back.

The fact that the contacted board members even answered the question was extremely unprofessional, IMO.

Personally, i think Mus is exactly what that school needs in a football coach, but that doesn't mean he will ever be successful there. Just like a blabbermouth board, they have too many self-contradictions to overcome.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:19 PM

BTW, Korn has been predicting another national title for Clemson all season.

We all know he's a Chicken booster, but it doesn't make him blind.

Nov 12, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: This can’t be good for recruiting ]

I run into coots all the time that want to chat in stores all the time bc I represent that I'm allorangeallthetime every where I go here in cootlumbia, and there is no mistaking that I'm All In Clemson. If it's not one of those low bred coots that might throw a bottle at me when I walk past, and they want to talk about the two programs, I tell them that it's not Dabo's or Clemson's fault that their program is so bad. I say that I believe that it's the fault of their Board of Trustees, their administration, and/or their Athletic Directors.

I say that everytime they are talking about usuc finances to the public, they are always talking financial problems, and that they never hire a sports person for an AD, and they never want to spend the money $$$ that it takes to hire an AD that knows what he is doing to manage a college athletic program. And they absolutely will never spend the $$$$ that it takes to hire a proven winning HC that doesn't already need an assistant just to help them get around. I tell them that their fan base will fill Willy Brice every home Gameday, that the SEC is one of the highest paying conferences in college sports, but they are always complaining about the sports program being near bankruptcy.

I usually move on with telling them as long as their fan base fills their stadium, the baseball park, and that basketball arena on gameday, that the fan base is clearly telling their administration that they are OK with mediocrity, and that it's OK if the money they spend for tickets and everything gamecock is used for things other than having the best for their 3 major sports programs, that they will continue to have mediocre sports programs as long as their fan base accepts what they have....

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,929
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic