Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
josh rosen...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

josh rosen...

Apr 28, 2018, 10:54 AM

Anybody find his comment about there were nine mistakes ahead me at the draft. In bad taste. I feel you may think that, but to come out and say that, was a slap in the face of those that were drafted ahead of him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: josh rosen...

Apr 28, 2018, 11:00 AM

He’s a punk who runs his mouth... same guy that said Deshaun’s accomplishment of graduating in 3 years wasn’t that challenging because he did it at Clemson and he’s at UCLA.

Yeah that wasn't a good call at all. That said....

Apr 28, 2018, 11:03 AM

I like him. I thought he was a jerk, but then I listened to a long interview with him on Colin Cowherd. He is cool.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:32 AM

Rag on Rosen all you want but he speaks his mind because he comes from money ,has a degree,connections and is of a group age wise that ponders the fairness of the system not just in the NCAA,NFL but all of economic ways. Whether you or I agree with him he can be free to speak on that if he wishes away from his actual job site. Kid has a lot of talent, my concerns are more his concussion issues and how that may limit his availability.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:38 AM

He has the right to speak his mind... and I have the right to label him a punk in my own mind (which I’m aware he doesn’t care about)

Time will tell but I believe he will be the worst of the bunch excluding Baker because let’s be honest, he went to the Browns so not all his fault. Don’t like Baker either but he at least cares about football and his team. Rosen can’t win and he quits on his teammates while always talking about himself.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

Rosen has the most natural abilities as a pure passer of the bunch from a NFL view. You actually think Allan will be better? Kid could not complete more than 56% of his passes against the Sisters of the Poor? He is gonna somehow get a lot better playing against the talent level in the NFL? Not very likely. As far as him being a punk, just what has he said/done that forms that opinion for you( just curious). He sure proved he could win coming from a ton behind to A&M, he never quit unless he was injured or concussed as far as I know . Kid took more hits standing in the pocket trying to throw downfield than most QB's.

Apr 28, 2018, 12:05 PM

His career record at UCLA was 17-13. Add in the fact he quit on his team in bowl season and that shows a lack of leadership.

He complains that he can’t be a student athlete and a football player and tries to generalize every football player instead of saying he himself can’t manage it. Deshaun Watson graduated in 3 years with a degree from a pretty darn good school and Rosen’s comments when asked about it was well Deshaun did that at Clemson and I’m at UCLA. Another good example is the former Tenn QB who majored in Nuclear Engineering. He was not the worlds greatest QB but he seemed to manage school and football pretty well.

As for Josh Allen, it’s obvoiously harder to project. He has all the tools, was his completion percentage based on his skill set or his top target his senior year was a former walkon qb turned TE, top RB kicked off the team and came back on as a walk on, and had below average wr targets. I do know he fought through injury to play his bowl game and played well in the senior bowl and that kind of stuff matters to locker rooms I think. Not saying he will be better than Rosen but in 5 years I would bet on him... could be wrong but we will see.

Message was edited by: ClemsonME08

Apr 28, 2018, 2:04 PM

Maybe you mean student and athlete(football player) ,Dobbs also majored in Aeronautical Engineering too. Clemson is ranked 67 in National Universites which includes private schools, UCLA is ranked 21 in national Universites so get over it as it ranked higher. Rosen majored in Economics which is a pretty hard major versus communications. He was not complaining but in fact pointing out a truth, whether you care to acknowledge iut does not make it false. Football comes first when on a football scholarship and it does eat up a lot of time. SO Rosen did not play in a meaningless bowl game, he was injured and in truth any player that risks injury in one of those is foolish if he is expecting to be drafted, especially Round 1. Any player that works out in private is also foolish, each year a kid is injured and sees his draft stock evaporate or decline severely. Joh Allen in both years he started was a 55%-56% completion ratio, he not suddenly going to open a can of passing magic, he is what he is and most QB's do not magically get better in the NFL. As to the win record, it takes more than a QB to win games. Admit that you just have an extreme bias on Rosen for your own specious reasons

Apr 28, 2018, 11:59 AM

Careful guys, Deshaun didn’t say it in the manner that Rosen said and never said he was pissed but he did say he beat/payback all of those teams that overlooked him and make them regret their choice

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 28, 2018, 12:08 PM

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. What is he supposed to do, admit players are better? Are we expecting competitive people here? Crazy that people complain. All they want is a reason to bash someone. So what, he family has money, wouldn't you like it if yours did? People are not logical.

Apr 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

I’m fine with the comment... I don’t like him for a list of many other reasons not related to that comment or money.

Apr 28, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: josh rosen... ]

You dont hear any head coaches coming out saying before a game we are better. No they keep it within, even if they know they are better!!!

Apr 28, 2018, 12:21 PM

Sort of reminds me of that Swag Kelly guy that said that he was better than everyone else even before coming on board!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2018, 2:53 PM

Rosen is soft. He won’t survive an NFL season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was my favorite QB in draft. Dude is going to light up the NFL

Apr 28, 2018, 3:57 PM

Those of you criticizing him are little snowflakes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic