Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while

Feb 22, 2017, 10:22 PM

doing some work around the house. It was funny and some really colorful calls. But Greg Mcelroy at the 55 minute mark said a lot of good thinngs. He told Bama fans that they are so busy trying to find someone to blame and really Alabama just flat out got beat and you just have ot accept that. He also said the last time Bama did not have any turnovers and still lost the game was way back in 2006 under Shula. Bama fans are not used to the scenario of Bama playing a strong game and still losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFf3Cndfrsw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while

Feb 22, 2017, 10:34 PM

I was actually VERY impressed by McElroy and how he called the end of the game. He's the ONE GUY there that should be the biggest Bama Homer as a recent Ex-player and he was very unbiased and composed. The other hacks around him were all froze up trying to think of excuses to make up for the loss.

Agree. I think McElroy was very hurt, but composure is the

Feb 22, 2017, 10:39 PM

key word. He had a lot of composure and professionalism at the moment it happened.

he instantly referenced the ND/FSU game***

Feb 23, 2017, 2:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McElroy voted for Lamar Jackson in the Heisman

Feb 23, 2017, 1:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while ]

He and all of the other voters who missed on Deshaun are worthless to me.

Re: McElroy voted for Lamar Jackson in the Heisman

Feb 23, 2017, 8:07 AM

100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McElroy was lobbying for a PI call on Scott on the winning

Feb 23, 2017, 2:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while ]

TD

I've watched and rewatched that play many times...a penalty

Feb 23, 2017, 10:46 AM

should have been called but not on Scott...the DB wrapped his arms around Scott's shoulders and threw him to the ground creating an obstruction to the DB defend Renfrow...he had to move toward the back of the EZ to get around the Scott on the ground leaving HR wide open...he was never touched...by the time he recovered pass had been caught, TD, nat championship...a flag should have been thrown not on Clemson but on Bama for def holding

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...Greg went the opposite direction on that call

Feb 23, 2017, 12:48 PM

though, Offensive PI was what he was lobbying for

True. When that db did that, there was no way a flag could

Feb 23, 2017, 5:50 PM [ in reply to I've watched and rewatched that play many times...a penalty ]

be thrown on us. And yes, there should have been a PI on Bama.

On this podcast, however, he emphatically said there was

Feb 23, 2017, 5:48 PM [ in reply to McElroy was lobbying for a PI call on Scott on the winning ]

no pick and no way a flag should have been thrown on that play. This podcast was the next afternoon, when he had a chance to hear a lot of other analyst say the same thing. That it was not a pick.

Re: Was listening to the Finebaum podcast "The Aftermath" while

Feb 22, 2017, 11:09 PM

You know, the message was said over and over. On that night Clemson had the game plan to beat Alabama, and we executed it to perfection. The right number of plays, the drives when they were needed, and the stops of AL in those 9-11 drives by their offense that lasted only a minute or 2 that just sucked the life out of their Defense by keeping them on the field with no rest. It was like a symphony that ended in a perfectly wonderful crescendo for us and agonizing defeat for them. As Nick Saban said last year, "the team that played the best usually wins", and it happened again in Tampa this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hit the NAIL on the head

Feb 23, 2017, 6:49 AM

Finebaum and his Bama callers have been whining and making excuses from the minute that Hunter Renfro caught the game-winning TD.

"It's Sark's fault". "It's Kiffin's fault". "It's Nick's fault", etc...they're having a difficult time accepting that they got beat by a better team. They're in denial.

Somebody needs to call in the show just to tell everybody that it wouldn't have mattered who the OC was for them against Clemson, they would have lost either way. I'm busy, and Finebaums's callers are mostly retarded so that's my excuse.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phyllis was the classiest caller on this show.***

Feb 23, 2017, 5:51 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic