Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was just thinking about the refs at the end of the game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 894

Was just thinking about the refs at the end of the game...

Mar 14, 2014, 10:27 AM

Funny how there is so much more attention paid to the clock in the last minute of the game than there is at any other time when, really, it all counts the same.

Think about how they went back and added a tenth of a second or so to the clock right before that last Georgia Tech possession in regulation. That literally is the only reason Miller got that shot off in time.

Think about the scores of times in a game when more time maybe expires on a given play when that does not happen. Very interesting, that's all I am saying.

And I know they added some time to the clock for us prior to that, so not trying to say it didn't go both ways.

Just funny how that one tenth of a second can literally make all the difference. Especially looking at our last two games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I think the announcers said they'd added a whole second

Mar 14, 2014, 10:52 AM

back after that near shot-clock violation we had around the 21.0 mark and then GT's subsequent possession

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

The ball left his hands with over 2 seconds left.

Mar 14, 2014, 10:57 AM

We still had 0.9 seconds after the ball went through the net.

That tenth of a second they added made no difference

Fair enough

Mar 14, 2014, 11:04 AM

I didn't remember the exact numbers.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Fairness across the board, all I'm asking!

Mar 14, 2014, 11:30 AM

I agree the tenth of a second did not really affect the outcome, I just know that if what happened to us in the Pitt debacle had happened at the Tarholes or Dukies they would make it ESPN discussion topic and probably bring in a so-called expert (Ex UNC or Duke player) to discuss it!

I do not want more consideration just respect and it kills me how on every broadcast we play how at least one of the pair gives us no respect and raves about the opponent!

Brownell and staff have done a wonderful job with this team!

Duke had demanded the refs rehearse for today's game***

Mar 14, 2014, 11:24 AM

Well the same can be said

Mar 14, 2014, 11:45 AM

for people screaming over a blown call in the last seconds. A blown call in the first seconds of a game hurts a team just as bad, really. About the only difference is that there is still a lot of time to overcome the blown call if it happens early.

Same thing with timekeeping. A few tenths or even whole seconds wrong over the course of the game almost always means nothing at the end of the game because most games are not tied or nearly tied in the final seconds. The timekeeping only becomes important when there is an error made in a tied or very close game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 894
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic