Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was it a foul?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Was it a foul?

Mar 14, 2019, 6:46 AM

I was at the game and watched the replays. Initially I thought it was a horrendous call and that the shooter was not touched. Now I'm not so sure. In this photo it looks like a foul was committed. Was it a ticky tack call? Probably but nonetheless contact appears to have been made. This doesn't negate the ten minutes of the screw job we got from the refs, their effort to get Elijah Thomas out of the game, our scoring drought or inability to foul the ball handler with five seconds left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was it a foul?

Mar 14, 2019, 6:51 AM

It's rather a "Moot" point at this time,don't you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2019, 6:59 AM

If a foul at all, it was well before the act of shooting with one to give.

Mar 14, 2019, 7:05 AM

It was ticky tack but should’ve been a common foul. But never should’ve been in that position in the first place

Mar 14, 2019, 7:02 AM

Really doesn’t matter , if not for only scoring 16 points in the second half this would not even be a factor.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Mar 14, 2019, 7:08 AM

Absolute choke job in the 2nd half and he should’ve pulled Mitchell, Reed, and Skara if they were going to keep jacking up quick 3’s and producing enough bricks to build Dabo’s new house. You can say there was poor officiating which there certainly was but no sane person can say we should’ve even been in that situation. Inexcusable.

The ball handler is clearly not in the act of shooting....

Mar 14, 2019, 7:17 AM

so it should have been an inbounds play rather than sending him to the line for two free throws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^Yep***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see our other defender behind the shooter

Mar 14, 2019, 7:55 AM

so I am not sure this is the play in question. It certainly isn't the moment of the shot.

The foul should have been called at the top of the key

Mar 14, 2019, 9:04 AM

when he had two hands on the ball handler. The refs chose to ignore that even though they knew we were trying to foul, then chose to call that ticky tack foul. As Jay Bilas pointed out yesterday, the scoring drought and everything else is irrelevant when looking at that one moment in a vacuum where the refs decided to ignore the foul at the top of the key that would have been a non-shooting foul and then decided to call the subsequent shooting foul. Plain and simple, Clemson got hosed.

If our guys had been wearing Tarheel uniforms, think that foul would've been called?

longtallsam® said it best yesterday: "Compare the call at the end of the game today, to the no-call on Mitchell's last second drive in the UNCheat game! Just compare those two plays, and tell me which one looked like a foul?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Should have been a no-call or on the floor

Mar 14, 2019, 9:59 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic