Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 657

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 7, 2019, 8:01 AM

Friday, off work at 3 to make it to Atlanta for the Charlie Starr acoustic show with Benji Shanks. Levi Lowery opened and it was a great time. Before the show we found some dive bar that was opened in 1955. Gentrification may kill it before I make it back to Atlanta.

Saturday, Sharkgirl worked at Shoeless Brewing so I lounged around. Did manage to get some of my show posters hung up.

Sunday. Slept way too late then brewed some beers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stale.

Jan 7, 2019, 8:07 AM

little fall like yard work Saturday, so heating pad on the back all Sunday.

Waiting for this game today is likely taking years off my life. Spot the ball!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent

Jan 7, 2019, 8:12 AM

Friday: rained all day, worked, came home, got Mellow Mushroom take out.

Saturday: Saw the sun for the first time in a while. Weather was glorious. Played basketball outside with the kids for a while. Watched the playoffs.

Sunday: lunch with former players, more basketball outside, more playoffs, laughed my ### off when the Bears missed the FG, up way too late, because ready for the Natty

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 7, 2019, 8:15 AM

Pretty solid overall.

Friday, met up with a buddy at Midwood and had some BBQ tacos and a couple of beers. Went home and watched live PD.

Saturday, went to walk the trails with the dog. Did a solid 4 miles or so. Saw a lot of deer and rabbits out and about. Nature is lit. Went to work out. Went to Soda City market. Had a nice lunch. Came home and chilled for a bit before watching the Houston Tigers play their worst game of the year.

Sunday, slept in. Took the dog to dog bar. Came home and did some chores. Napped and watched football. Woke up and cooked a big supper. Your mom essed my D.

It was tame, but relaxing. 8/10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purty good: some ball, beer, bbq & bike, no boat or booty

Jan 7, 2019, 8:16 AM

i drank a few beers while i worked on a porch swing i'm building and grilled some steaks and trimmed ribs for today.
rode the harley to run some errands saturday then cleaned it up.
the boat is still in the shop and sav82wife is still sick. :(

Re: Ask me tomorrow***

Jan 7, 2019, 8:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sick

Jan 7, 2019, 8:25 AM

Friday: Off all day. Actually felt better. Decided that was a sign from above that I should drink.

Saturday: Beach shopping and the aquarium with the family. Drinking

Sunday: Paid for it. Felt like #### warmed over. Was sister-in-law's birthday. She changed plans 18 thousand millions times pissing everybody off. Drank.

Feeling the effects today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Football replays, eat, sleep but just a little...

Jan 7, 2019, 8:28 AM

hanging out here and one shopping trip for food only.

Oh yeah, the nerve pills. I need one if anybody is passing them out.

We got this, GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nashville

Jan 7, 2019, 8:35 AM

Got to Nashville around 730 local time Thursday night. Flight descent was absolutely horrible because I have a cold and my ears are congested and wouldn't adjust to the pressure on the way down. Hit Broadway Thursday night. Friday wound up at kid rock's bar on Broadway. It was a pretty cool spot and probably the best free music venue we found. Went to tootsies, tin roof, and a couple others as well. Friday night went to the grand ole opry at the Ryman. Saturday went to party fowl for some Nashville hot chicken then to Tennessee brew works after. hot chicken is great but Nashville's brew scene could use some help compared to Charleston. Rode bird scooters around everywhere - they are legit fun. Sunday woke up and flew home and had the same pressure problem with my ears.

Tennessee has just begun to address laws that have prevented

Jan 7, 2019, 9:20 AM

it from being a great brewing state. They've moved in the right direction and are starting to catch up, but they're still far behind most other states. In spite of that fact, there are some fantastic brewers operating there already, like Bearded Iris.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers lost and the Panthers season is over, but I

Jan 7, 2019, 8:35 AM

die.

Sattidy - Got my hairs cut, shaved off the Movember beard and cooked a nice flank steak.

Sunday - Wen to G'Vegas and wandered around downtown just to enjoy the weather. Watched Da Bears double doink a potential game winning FG

8/10 cuz I ran out of Bombay Sapphire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Tigers did NOT lose

Jan 7, 2019, 9:25 AM

Jan 7, 2019, 8:38 AM

Friday night - My 11 year marriage anniversary with SarahAdidas (marriage, lol). I worked 14 hours, troubleshooting a hydraulic issue at work and got home around 9pm. We ate crappy food at home and drank a few beers. The kids were a-holes. Great anniversary night. No ##### was had. (I did have some on Thursday night, so there's that...)

Saturday - Wife worked. Took daughter to dance rehersal. Spent 2 hours in Home Depot with Junior. Bought a shower base, found some tile 75% off and bought a truckload for the bathroom. Bought some breakers and misc. parts for my renovation. Picked up daughter from dance. Came home and had a visit from Mama and StepDad. After that, we went black at the house and I replaced the breaker panel. The kids drove me crazy because the internet, Xbox, and lights wouldn't work.

Sunday - Wife worked. Kids and I met DaddyAdidas and StepmamaAdidas for a nice lunch. Back to home depot to replace the shower pan that was cracked. Also bought some metal lath and other misc. items. Came home and finished the floor joists and blocking. Installed one piece of flooring. Chased out a few "mystery wires" and found that they both ended on the other side of the house, taped up. I guess they went to the old ac unit and furnace... I also found a humidified cat's skull and hit my head so hard that I just layed under the house for about 10 minutes.

It was a decent, productive weekend. Ready for that Natty!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Saw your wiring work on Snapchat

Jan 7, 2019, 9:28 AM

We'll call it temporary at this point.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

When I have time, I'll pretty it up like this:

Maybe not quite like that, but it'll look better. I ran out of daylight and had to scramble with the kids fighting over who got to hold the flashlight for me.

Why are the neutrals coiled up like that?

Jan 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

Is he trying too make a magnet in there or somethin'?

Re: Why are the neutrals coiled up like that?

Jan 7, 2019, 10:23 AM

I'm guessing that's those snake-oil AFI breakers that are "required now". most of them come with a pig tail that ties into the neutral bus, with the neutral connecting to the breaker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc-fault_circuit_interrupter

I guess the dude didn't want to trim off those cute piggy tails...

Meh

Jan 7, 2019, 8:47 AM

Drug brush Saturday

Worked Sunday

Go Tigers!

Who cares...natty today, postpone this thread until tomorrow***

Jan 7, 2019, 8:56 AM

Meh.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:01 AM

Friday night, errands & chores, Mrs. went to stay the night at the hospital with her Mom to make sure the stupid hospital doesn't screw up her FINALLY moving to rehab for the third time.

Saturday, errands & chores, Mrs. went to stay the night at the hospital with her Mom to make sure the stupid hospital doesn't screw up her FINALLY moving to rehab for the third time, I went to play LOUD rock and roll. Drummer called at the last minute and asked if I could pick him up, so I knew he was drunk already so being able to count was going to be a challenge. Definitely a challenge, but we had fun anyway.

Sunday, chores & grocery store run, MORE errands for Mrs. & Mom-in-law, finally got home around 7:30 and realized I had not eaten all day, made a cocktail and planted myself in the Big Chair and I have no idea what was on TV...I think I woke up around 9:30, did the dished from supper, took the dog out, woke Mrs. up off the couch and went to bed.

I've made it completely clear that around 7 pm tonight, I'm off the grid. Any request of my time or talents will go unanswered until Tuesday morning, so any errands or chores that need to be done will have to be addressed by someone else.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine started 12/24 around 2pm

Jan 7, 2019, 9:04 AM

and ended about an hour ago

Was good, a bit hectic...christmas at home, then drove to NJ for a week and a bit.
Watched a lot of football (and Birdbox, because Birdbox), ate and drank a lot. Not getting anywhere near a scale for a few weeks (Might actually try a 'Dry January' thing, starting whenever my current beer supply is spent). Kids were ##### the whole time.

Busy

Jan 7, 2019, 9:12 AM

Friday: I don't remember. I took care of a bunch of honeydews.

Saturday: Low country boil and hosted the family for baby girls going away party. I stayed up too late and drank too much.

Sunday: Work and helped finish some packing.

Monday: Getting ready to head out to Wilmington. Move in at UNCW is tomorrow. We'll be watching the game from any dive we can find with a TV. I has kind of a sad with her going away. Maybe the Tigers can lift my spirits this evening. I know I'll be lifting some :)

On a side note. This is the last game my lucky shirt will see. I've been wearing it for about 10 years now. I got a new one for Christmas. I think Maria was saying "Get rid of the "holey" shirt. I've decided to burn it tomorrow when we get back home and save the ashes. Send him out in style boys!

Goooooo Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Jan 7, 2019, 9:14 AM

Hauled the boat out of storage Friday, got all the mold cleaned off, plugs put back in, etc. to get her water ready. Then just sat in it and drank a beer for a little while.

Up early Saturday, figured it may be a bit crowded this weekend on the lake. Nobody at the landing, but it was pretty crowded on the water. Swerved in and out of striper fishermen all day Saturday, apparently there was a tournament. Rode up through Portman, then up a little ways toward Tugaloo. Lake looks completely different when it's full like this.

Started cooling off around 4:00, so went home and watched Deshaun get rekt.

Hit the lake again Sunday, rode to Clemson marina for lunch. Again, surprising amount of people out. Decided to check out the new Tahj Boyd lodge, I can see why the developers think it'll be a hit. Who wouldn't want world class views of Petco and Michaels, coupled with the beautiful roar of traffic from 123? Also, did anyone know that THEY'RE BUILDING MORE GD APARTMENTS BY HARTS COVE?!? I guess it's more lake front apartments, and they're probably some of the cheapest looking buildings they could construct. The UV has better architectural features.

Seriously, who ##### are they expecting to live in all of this student housing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wynkoop is ghana have a problem when we quit going to

Jan 7, 2019, 9:38 AM

NC games

I think the whole town is

Jan 7, 2019, 9:48 AM

I'm not convinced yet that Clemson will continue to be the national brand that it is now once football falls off some. Most of the people I work with from outside the South know of Clemson....but they couldn't point to it on the map to save their lives.

And all of the new construction is killing the atmosphere that people like about the town in the first place. Those new buildings just loom over downtown, you kind of feel trapped. And that Hartwell Village shopping center is a total eye sore from the lake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I be it does look like a mess.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:53 AM

Do they have a lake front area, or docks, or anything behind it on the lake?

Not as of right now, they don't

Jan 7, 2019, 10:03 AM

I'm not sure if that area is dockable or not. I would think the Lodge would surely have a dock.

It's kind of funny, across the lake someone is building a mega lake house. Looks like a huge mountain lodge or something, really pretty house. But it looks directly at that shopping center. And it's not you can barely see Michael's and Petco through the trees....They are right there front and center. They'll probably be able to see the signs at night through their closed blinds.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:24 AM

Friday: ms midland and 2 other couples went to dinner here in Gangland and then a little bar hopping.

Saturday: worked around the house while watch The Sopranos marathon. I’d forgotten how great this show was.

Sunday: repeat of a Saturday. Grilled out steaks for supper.

9/10.

Perfect 5/7

Jan 7, 2019, 11:07 AM

Friday: After work I came home to the gf in lingerie waiting for the dee. Tiggity will say it won't last, but it will. Pretty great start to weekend.

Satiday: gf had to work so i got to gym for 2 hours and make some bangin shrimp tacos for dinner.

Sunday: Did nothing all day and it felt amazing.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:08 AM

Friday - I don't recall

Saturday - Worked in the morning, went to gville in the afternoon/evening to take Daughterof on a shopping spree for new clothes.

Sunday - lazy morning, met up with a photog to work on portrait techniques and get my feet wet

Was an ok weekend...

Jan 7, 2019, 12:16 PM

Got to see parents...went shopping..watched basketball..

Nothing exciting as usual.

Actually working today till 8 and that sucks!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

chittymcshitty***

Jan 7, 2019, 12:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 657
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic