Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks

Dec 23, 2017, 7:32 AM

Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks

South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp announced Friday that redshirt sophomore defensive back Kaleb Chalmers has decided to leave the program. "He came to me Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Dec 23, 2017, 7:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks

Dec 23, 2017, 8:03 AM

Wish the young man all the best. If he wasn't good enough to play for the Gamecocks then his football career is done.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 8:16 AM

Hard to tell how good Chalmers actually was.

Champ doesn't play his guys. Only QB who attempted a pass this year was Bentley and other than ST's I doubt he repped more than 28-30 guys (if even that) against us.

And before the game he was bragging about his "depth". I don't think that means what he thinks it does.

If you don't crack the starting lineup during camp, you pretty much don't seem to exist much to Champ & Company. Which is why he had to replace 34 of his 105-man extended roster last year and will probably see similar turnover this season as well.

Champ actually recruits pretty well, but he runs guys off just as fast as he gets them.

Dec 23, 2017, 8:18 AM

Very good point but you would think as a coach he would see the potential in a player with minimum reps. I may just be giving Muschamp a little too much credit there. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

coot fans would just love to hear this kind of truth going into year 3 of the Muschamp experiment. Great points.

Nail meet hammer.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Who could blame them for leaving?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but you misspelled

Dec 23, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Chump.

Muschamp is in over his head. He will never get that program to a status of importance. Maybe a good DC somewhere, but by no means is he head coach material. He backed into 8 wins and will likely lose their bowl game. This will be about the highest mark he will ever reach. UGA will pound them for years, and just imagine if UT and UF can ever find their stride. Heck, the gamecocks need to figure out how to beat Kentucky first of all.

Good Luck: You’ll always be a Tiger-Ranger-Gamecock***

Dec 23, 2017, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

this young man let drugs ruin his life ??***

Dec 23, 2017, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this young man let drugs ruin his life ??***

Dec 23, 2017, 9:12 AM

THIS ****

I hate to see it for anyone

he's made poor choices but apparently

Dec 23, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to this young man let drugs ruin his life ??*** ]

he can still get a college education and have opportunities to succeed. It's still up to him, he still has choices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this young man let drugs ruin his life ??***

Dec 23, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to this young man let drugs ruin his life ??*** ]

Lol wut?

How many players are arrested for weed possession and come back from it? Do I need to run down the long list of clemson players that have?

That’s not to mention all the ones that smoke and don’t get caught.

I'm just curious, how "long" is your list?

Dec 23, 2017, 10:03 PM

Do you mean to use the adjective "long", and if so what do you consider long?

Dec 23, 2017, 9:40 AM

Anyone remember when Sammy Watkins got pinched for marijuana & controlled substance possession after crashing his car on campus... and missed the first half of next week’s game? I’m actually glad that we’re not as forgiving as we once were when it comes to team infractions. Mess up? Get out of line.

Was Chalmers just busted with weed?

Dec 23, 2017, 9:46 AM

If so, big deal. The real crime is that they ruin people's lives or make peoples lives overly complicated for weed.

And therin lies the truth of the matter.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:12 PM

Treating weed smokers like some sort of hardened criminal is absurd. Selling to little kids should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law, but simple possession and smoking for personal use is treated way too harshly in this country. Putting guys in long-term jail sentences for possession is a waste of taxpayer money, court time, and pays lawyers for fighting against a freaking harmless plant that makes you feel "different" when smoked. Why not treat alcohol, a far more harmful drug, in this fashion? Why are people allowed to posses cigarettes and drink beer in their homes, in public, and in bars etc, but when caught with an ounce of weed it's like a guy is an axe murderer or something. And look, I'm not condoning smoking or drinking, but I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of laws governing marijuana. The "war on drugs" does not need to include marijuana. Off my soapbax now.

Nobody gets long term sentences for simple possession

Dec 27, 2017, 4:30 AM

Cops could care less about any stoner that gets high at his/her home. They go after the dealers.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

You're kidding, right. I don't recall it being a car crash, and I remember it being Marijuana and adderol and a two game suspension. Correct me if I am wrong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 10:37 AM

Um, there’s a police report. He was arrested by university police after crashing his car up along the curb on campus and not having a lit license plate. The officers approached the car, which smelled of marijuana, and they found 2 prescription pills in the car that he didn’t have a prescription for.

Adderall is a controlled substance. Having loose adderall on your person / in your car without a ###### is the same as having any controlled substance.

And yes, he was suspended two games at the beginning of the season. I confused the other time he had to sit a half for being late to a team meeting. But being suspended and being kicked off the team are two different things, yet the same infraction was committed by both players (which was the point I was making).

Let me ask you this, and be honest... in 2018 (vs 2012) - if Dabo finds out that you’re driving around smoking weed on campus, after midnight, with prescription pills & a blunt under your seat and weed in your pocket, is he sitting you two games or sending you home? I’d bet it’s the latter. Why? Because, unlike 2012, there are 5 hungry guys behind you on the depth chart that are just as good as you are.

Dec 23, 2017, 1:03 PM

i bet it's the first... Or would you like to ask Deon Cain himself how many games he was suspended for in 2015?

Dec 23, 2017, 3:25 PM

My points earlier have clearly flown past you my friend. And you’re comparing apples to oranges. Deon failed a drug test. The others commited team infractions in addition to breaking the law / facing criminal penalties.

I have a friend that got a felony charge of criminal possession of a controlled substances for having 2 of the very same pills on his person. Not worthy of arguing if you don’t see what the underlying points were earlier.

There's a huge difference between a Crash and Rubbing A Curb***

Dec 23, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: There's a huge difference between a Crash and Rubbing A Curb***

Dec 23, 2017, 10:02 PM

Totally agree. This is police BS. "Crashed car in curb". What does that mean? He totalled his car when he hit bumped the curb? or did his tires come in contact with the curb?

Dec 23, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Attitude after an infraction also carries a lot of weight. Have a bad attitude usually equals a bad outcome. Good attitude, good outcome. Rules are there for a reason. If there are zero consequences the there are zero reasons to have rules. Chaos ensues. I’m not hazarding a guess as to what either players attitude was, just my opinion from past experience with rules infractions....plural.??

Dec 23, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

You are correct.

I remember Sammy with weed but not a controlled substance

Dec 23, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Are you insinuating that Sammy got preferential treatment of some kind?

Re: I remember Sammy with weed but not a controlled substance

Dec 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

I think you're confusing Sammy with Swag Kelly and Aaron Lakip. Lakip was busted with a controlled substance and Kelly had the car accident incident. Sammy just smoked some pot and his suspension was several games, including the opener against Auburn.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:39 AM

Sorry but you’re wrong. Adderall / vyvanse are both controlled substances. He had weed on his person and another blunt under his seat. He was suspended for 2 games, not several. And in the eyes of the law, cocaine and adderall are both controlled substances if you don’t have a ###### (which he did not).

SO YOUR FIRST POST IS FALSE -

Dec 23, 2017, 4:00 PM

CAR CRASH????

The freshman All-American was stopped after a university police officer saw the white 1999 Cadillac he was driving scrape against a curb on campus and because the Florida temporary tag on the car was not illuminated, according to the police report.

Try AGAIN!!!

null

Re: SO YOUR FIRST POST IS FALSE -

Dec 23, 2017, 4:26 PM

When you file a claim with insurance... did you crash your car or scrape into a curb? You’re playing a game of semantics.

Anyways, Kaleb Chalmers gone from the gamecocks everyone. And no one cares!

SO IS THIS ONE

Dec 23, 2017, 5:00 PM

You don't file a claim when you touch a curb.

It's a police report they would have filed a different report. It would have been an accident report and he would also have a moving violation.

YOU MADE SEVERAL FALSE STATEMENTS IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST AND ARE CAUGHT QITH FALSE NEWS!

null

Wasn't that Sammy's first offense?***

Dec 23, 2017, 5:48 PM [ in reply to SO YOUR FIRST POST IS FALSE - ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: SO YOUR FIRST POST IS FALSE -

Dec 25, 2017, 6:21 PM [ in reply to SO YOUR FIRST POST IS FALSE - ]

I have a headache from reading this thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I remember Sammy with weed but not a controlled substance ]

Did he not? ??

Dec 23, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Sammy was suspended for two games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check Your Facts or Delete This Post!***

Dec 23, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

null

Dec 23, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB leaving Gamecocks ]

Sammy slightly hit the curb of with his car and was suspended for 2 games, including one against Auburn. That's hardly the same thing as getting into a car crash and only being suspended for a half. Btw it was during spring finals week so there wasn't game the next week, but don't let these facts get in the way of a witch hunt.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:00 AM

Well, I guess he’s not the next Josh Norman, and it looks clear to me why he had to go JUCO and fails to get playing time.

If he couldn't beat out the Fr. dwarf they have playing CB2

Dec 27, 2017, 5:54 AM

he isn't good enough for the league.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a shame to throw away a full ride.*****

Dec 23, 2017, 10:03 AM

Dec 23, 2017, 10:34 AM

Before anyone comments on Muscan't abilities as a HC just remember this, if a HC can't win at Florida with some of the richest recruiting grounds in the entire country other than maybe Texas. How in the h&ll can he or would he be expected to win any where else, especially a team like the gamecocks where only one of the top HC legends as Steve Spurrier could only have a few decent seasons while he was there for 10 years. I'm saying that Muscan't will never be successful at USUC if they let him stay there for 20 years. Great coaches has said that USUC would be one of the hardest places to go and win consistently!!! Muscan't is only filling in like an interim coach when the HC has left or fired until they can find a real HC to risk his career to come in there and give it a try.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad to see him moving around so much but

Dec 23, 2017, 10:49 AM

probably a blessing disguise in leaving that train wreck!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CONGARTS KALEB YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGERCOCK.***

Dec 23, 2017, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 1:45 PM

Sammy admitted to the officer (I hate the word cop -very disrespectful to law enforcement) that he had weed on his person inside his pants. Probably afraid of what might happen if it were found during a search. Also remember Goldburg missed the SC game in '77 after a pot arrest. So this is nothing new.

Dec 23, 2017, 1:46 PM

Chambers case was more than a little pot. He was potentially dealing

Yep, so what? People sold beer when it was banned too*****

Dec 23, 2017, 3:17 PM

last few transfers out have not worked well

Dec 23, 2017, 1:47 PM

Young Tigers, stick with Dabo if you can.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He going to work for Danny ?

Dec 23, 2017, 3:59 PM

LMFAO

Re: He going to work for Danny ?

Dec 27, 2017, 9:43 AM

Danny Ford is growing hemp with almost no THC content from what I read. Supposedly you could smoke it all day long and not even get a buzz. I do not know that is true, but I read it somewhere.

I guess Muschamp doesn't have the luxury of taking the high

Dec 23, 2017, 9:34 PM

When his program is such a dumpster fire. Should have just said he left the program with well wishes.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic