Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You wanna know what's annoying?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

You wanna know what's annoying?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:48 AM

People who nervously laugh all the time. Say a f'n sentence with some confidence gahdammit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people who talk with their eyes closed

Jan 28, 2019, 11:49 AM

OPEN YOUR EYES

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll TELL you what's annoying.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:52 AM

People that are optimistic about Clemson basketball.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Warlord, you seem in a state of dispair over shootyhoops

Jan 28, 2019, 12:14 PM

Have you not been getting enough Juice Newton in your playlist to ease your mind? Let me help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzGMEfbnAw

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just rewatch the natty game 10 times each month

Jan 28, 2019, 12:19 PM

You'll forget about basketball season totally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More annoying

Jan 28, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I'll TELL you what's annoying. ]

People who have to destroy you for any type of criticism like you are killing their dog for fun.

Oh and the ones who will defend a coach to their dying days, even after 10 years of shity play.

See shyatt and Bowden.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When wife/GF says they “are fine”

Jan 28, 2019, 12:05 PM

When it’s obvious they are not #### ok and there is a problem that needs to be discussed...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love that one. One of my favorites.

Jan 28, 2019, 12:16 PM

For years I would just say "ok, let's talk" and get NOTHING. I'd demand to know what was wrong. NOTHING. No matter what, she'd just sit there and not talk. Cold shoulder. As if I'm supposed to know why she's ticked.

Learned over time best way to get that argument...umm...discussion going is to totally ignore the signs. Just carry on as if you didn't even notice anything is wrong. That will #### them off. Eventually they will relent and then blow up and then you can actually have a discussion and learn the problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife does that.

Jan 28, 2019, 12:09 PM

Does not matter if in person or on the phone. I have found it to be a function of how important she perceives the person she is talking to actually is. Also the disappearance of her southern accent is an accompanying factor as well.

When she's working I can immediately tell if she's talking to a coworker versus management based only on her level of accent and/or the frequency of nervous laughs.

IN person there's a whole other set of metrics, but the nervous laugh is consistent across phone lines or face to face.

Best was at the sportsman show a few years back. She recognized some guy working in a booth. They started talking and I just watched. Didn't take long to figure things out. She eventually introduced me. Was a former boyfriend, or at a minimum someone she wishes had been her boyfriend. That much was clear. Of course she just lied, brushed it off, said a friend from elementary school she knew growing up. Her sister told me she had a crush on him for YEARS. Clearly still does.

Anyway, yeah. I find it annoying, but also very revealing about people. Women do it almost exclusively. Hardly ever seem men do it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic