Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wanted to thank Jad Dean again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Wanted to thank Jad Dean again

Nov 18, 2015, 10:51 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding this weekend ! You were one tough, SOB, a TIGER through and through and like a son to me ! Very proud of you. Sorry that an unnamed coach threw you under the bus for personal reasons, but Chris Gardocki called him out on it. You were a world class kicker that's career was ruined ! God Bless you and wishing all of God's Blessings !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5FiRfw9G3o&spfreload=10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wanted to thank Jad Dean again

Nov 18, 2015, 10:59 PM

Seriously. This crap again. Nobody misses TB. And pretty much everybody here is fine with Jad. Doesn't mean he could kick it off the turf but it's ancient history. New coach new program. Just don't get these posts. congrats to Jad just the same.

Nov 18, 2015, 11:02 PM

thanks for the congrats ! Sincerely, but obviously someone isn't fine ! Voted this down, but thanks to you for congratulating him. More should because he was thrown under a bus and everyone KNOWS it !

Nov 18, 2015, 11:09 PM

Look. I'm from Greenwood and have nothing but respect for Jad. That said. As the son of a former Clemson kicker, my dad would be the first to say that Jad was directly affected by the removal of the Block formally used by the PK. It's unfortunate that they took the block away during his career at Clemson, but he wasn't the same. In the game TB said "were done kicking" I was sooooo glad. All respect to Jad but he wasn't getting the ball up after the rule change. Again, congrats. But enough already.

Btw. William Christipher 'Dabo' Swinney is our coach now. We're a consensus #1, and 10-0.

All the best to Jad

Nov 18, 2015, 11:20 PM

are you Eddie S's son ?????

Re: Wanted to thank Jad Dean again- I remember him

Nov 19, 2015, 7:15 AM

our first soccer style kicker I believe. very good kicker at a time where we couldnt score many points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OLT enough isn't near enough for what happened to him

Nov 18, 2015, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Wanted to thank Jad Dean again ]

and it WASN'T A BLOCK !!!!! Guess you know more than Chris Gardocki that had a 17 year NFL career that publicly supported Jad with this BS

Nov 18, 2015, 11:08 PM

Congrats to Jad. No one could pull off the purple look as well as he could.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jad and his family are top notch and persevered through

Nov 18, 2015, 11:50 PM

the fallout from awful bowl game field conditions vs KY and a single errant kick vs the Columbia school -but he had many highs as our kicker too. One man does not alone win nor lose a game (as a former Gwd High goal keeper, I am acutely aware of that fact). Jad was at Greenwood's Cambridge Academy with my sons and with Gaines Adams under Steve Tannyhill. He was always quiet yet committed to his craft. An all around good guy from a great family. Congratulations, Jad.

Re: Jad and his family are top notch Thank You !!!

Nov 19, 2015, 12:11 AM

That was a classy comment ! Definitely knew and loved Gaines and Taneyhill and I are the best of friends !

One of our sons coached w STannyhill after Cambridge grad.

Nov 19, 2015, 12:54 AM

at Camb and Chesterfield until he chose law school. Has a Football mind like Spurrier.

However, there is still that strong desire to grab a close

Nov 19, 2015, 12:56 AM

imaginary baseball bat and deposit it where his sun dont shine....

Re: However, there is still that strong desire to grab a close

Nov 19, 2015, 8:03 AM

ha ha ha ! When I first met Steve 20 or so years ago, I wasn't sure that I would like him. But from the latter 90's until he moved in the mid 2000's, he went to all the orange and white games, and could be seen at the ESSO most Saturday's during football season on home games. He really grew to love Clemson, I guess from Gaines and having so many Clemson friends, but also from not liking Lou Holtz. And he is a great football mind ! I don't think many realize that

Texas A&M 2005 comes to mind. Never could top that.***

Nov 19, 2015, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Jad and his family are top notch and persevered through ]

If you really cared about Jad Dean you wOuld tell him to

Nov 19, 2015, 7:23 AM

Run like the wind. . Get out while you can. . Wimmins ain't nothing but troubles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dean made the kick to beat aTm in the first game I took my son to see

Nov 19, 2015, 4:57 PM

he was only 5 at the time.

Night game that went late, and little fella did good to make it to about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I never saw Jad make the kick as I was sitting on the bench with a 5-year-old draped across me, but I knew it was good when 80,000+ started screaming and dancing. The boy never woke up even as I carried him the car.

Life simply doesn't get any better than that.

My hope is for Mr. Dean to have the opportunity for a like experience -

one where love simply heals any and all wounds.

Nov 19, 2015, 8:24 AM

I can't tell you exactly which yr. but we were playing Miami in Miami. Jad Dean hit a 45 + yd. field goal that was the hardest hit ball that I have ever witnessed at a college FB game. It went thru the goal posts well above the top. We all just turned to each other at the same time in amazement. There was also a bowl game in Orlando against Colorado where in pregame warmups it looked like Jad was trying (successfully) to match their kicker (Crosby, who is now in the pros). It looked like a game of HORSE.
And, yes, I remember the miss against USC vividly.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic