Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to improve college football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Dec 15, 2018, 1:28 AM

Don't focus on the CFP, instead let's figure out how to make the regular season better. What we really want are more big games during the season. Fans want it, TV wants it, venues want it. We need more regular season P5 OOC and less Ga Southern, Mercer, etc. Playing the same 7 conf opps every year gets a bit old. Why do we have to wait until bowl season to play a Michigan, Penn State, OSU, USC, etc.? I'd love to travel to those venues, and I'm sure many of those fans would love to come to Death Valley.

That's my preference. Figure out a way to force more teams to play better OOC, fewer FCS, and fewer conference divisional cupcakes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to every Clemson home game... but, to be honest, I get much more excited about a bigger matchup than a Troy. Heck, at least let's trade cupcakes for more variety.

Leave the CFP alone. 4 teams are great. Bowls stay intact and rotate. There's ONE extra game for all the marbles, and we've been in it twice in the past 3 years.

And if it stays the same, I'm not going to complain. I think it has been absolutely amazing this last decade. GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want to improve college football?

Dec 15, 2018, 5:06 AM

Go tell this to those small schools like Mercer, Ga. Southern, Troy, just to name the few you mentioned that rely on games against the big boys to help fund their athlete departments.
Oh, and while you're at it, tell that to Nick at Alabama.I 'm sure he doesn't want another first half game as he had a month ago against The Citadel.
Maybe you have heard of them?
Oh, and if it stays the same, you're not going to complain!
So what were you doing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 5:41 AM

I don't understand the insulting demeanor of your reply. You are free to disagree, but please try to use a little civility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 7:11 AM

Wasn't trying to be insulting, just "trying" to state an apparent reason for scheduling games like Mercer, and Troy.

Troy might beat some acc teams***

Dec 15, 2018, 12:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Troy might beat some acc teams***

Dec 15, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Want to improve college football? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Want to improve college football? ]

I wasn't complaining. I was responding to all of the let's change the CFP posts.

I'm sure every small school would love to get paid a $1mil to play a blue chip team. Once a year is enough, in my opinion.

Were you trying to be a smart-a$$, asking if I've ever heard of the Citadel? What's your point there?

My point is that big games are better. Attendance is higher, better TV time slot, higher recruiting profile, more revenue for the town of Clemson, etc., etc. What's wrong with having more of them, if everyone else does it too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 5:53 AM

I agree can we please limit the pay To play games to 1 per season for all of college football ? I find other things to do rather than drive 5:30 hours to see Clemson destroy furman or ga southern on a 98 degree Saturday. I guess if Lived closer it would be different. Go Tigers

Dec 15, 2018, 7:47 AM

If it were not for cup cakes, our friends in Columbia would never be bowl eligible. And, if Clemson had to play our Out of conference games against other P5 teams and lost, 92% of our fans would be bemoaning that fact like the coots.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 10:55 AM

NO, love it just the way it is

Dec 15, 2018, 12:34 PM

Teams need to get better. Teams need to recruit better. Teams need to evaluate and coach up talent better. Coaches need to get better.

15 years ago, nobody complained about anything because anybody could beat anybody. There's too much of a talent/coaching gap in college football now.

Playoff doesn't need to be touched. The Pac12 needs to get better. Big12 needs to adopt some defenses. ACC needs teams to challenge us. Big10 needs someone that's consistant and not a fraud team. UCF needs to schedule power 5 teams when they're offered an opportunity. College football is fine as is. The teams are not.

It's going to be Alabama and Clemson for the forseeable future till programs can just figure it out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

I’m fine with having the Furmans, SC states, Ga Southern as pre season games.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:50 PM

Either eliminate FCS games or remove the results from the record. Use them as “Pre-Season” games. Just like MLB and NFL, pre-season games don’t count toward your record.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic