Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wall of Remembrance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Wall of Remembrance

Oct 14, 2018, 4:03 PM

Some of you are aware I am a veteran of both WW2 and the Korean War. Both wars, plus the Vietnam War, have memorials in Washington, DC, which some of you have probably visited.

The Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) is spearheading a drive to establish a Wall of Remembrance at the Korean War Memorial to list the names of all those who lost their life during the war. The names of over 500 heroes from South Carolina will appear on the wall. In addition, several members of my company, the 205th. Signal Repair Company will be listed, none of whom were from South Carolina.

No money from the Federal Government will be involved, the entire cost will be borne by donations from the public. In South Carolina, we have already raised one-half of our goal of $200,000. School groups and other children's organizations have been very supportive in our efforts. All donations are tax deductible.

All donations should be sent to: Lewis Vaughn, SC Sen. Ret, 623 Ashley Commons Ct., Greer, South Carolina 29651. His Phone No. is 864-848-0368, email

For those who send a check. make check payable to Lewis Vaughn, and in the FOR space, write WOR which will indicate Wall of Remembrance.

If you have any questions, please contact Lewis at his above phone number or email address.

I, along with all KWVA members, appreciate your support.

(If you so choose, along with your donation, please note you saw the appeal on TigerNet)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall of Remembrance

Oct 14, 2018, 4:07 PM

Done, thanks for the opportunity Mr. C.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall of Remembrance***

Oct 14, 2018, 4:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall of Remembrance***

Oct 14, 2018, 4:13 PM

Exceptional effort and thank you for your service to our nation! My father served and was wounded in the Korean conflict. We surely do need to honor and remember you all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic