Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walker ready to run defenses "into the ground"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,823

Apr 4, 2011, 1:26 PM

Right tackle Landon Walker is having fun learning Chad Morris' offense, and he says the best part is watching the defense gasp for breath. Now, he wants to see that translate into success on the field in the fall. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walker ready to run defenses "into the ground"

Apr 4, 2011, 4:22 PM

Very excited to see this type of offense be put into action and Walker is completely right that we really beat ourselves last year, the Florida State game comes to mind very quickly.

If Clemson does two things just a little better, turnovers and red zone offense we will be very tough to beat next year.

Apr 4, 2011, 9:12 PM

I've listened to the talk for too many years so put the words into action next fall. 16 play drives in the spring is shadow boxing.

The fast no-huddle worked for TB/RR with less talented

Apr 4, 2011, 9:26 PM

athletes. When RR left, the fast no-huddle left.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a 16 play drive in 3 min?

Apr 4, 2011, 10:17 PM

Doesn't look like we'll be winning the time of possession battle.

Re: a 16 play drive in 3 min?

Apr 4, 2011, 11:16 PM

eh....TOP is overrated if your team can score at will. Auburn was 73 of 120 and Oregon was 106 of 120 in TOP last year. Things worked out well for both.

Re: a 16 play drive in 3 min?

Apr 5, 2011, 12:11 AM [ in reply to a 16 play drive in 3 min? ]

TOP is a stat where you can be great as #1 or as #120 depending on how you use that time.

However you have to have a hell of a defense to deal with all that extra time on the field and even our stacked team last year struggled at times. Of course, we should be putting up a ton more points on the offensive side to give the defense all that time but it's still rough.

TOP means a whole lot more if you score while you

Apr 5, 2011, 1:29 PM

possess the ball.

If you have a lead, it certainly doesn't hurt to run time off the clock, but long, sustained drives that result in no points can have a huge negative impact on a team's moral.

We need to cut down on 3 & outs for sure, but we also don't need a lot of 16-play drives that come away empty.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2011, 9:09 AM

I hope our OL is ready to block some defenses into the ground and open some real holes for our backs to run through, rather than the cracks we've had for the last many years. That is when we will be a good team. All that running is great, but it still is whipping the guys in front of them that wins games, and our OL hasn't done a lot of that lately. I hope we get that done this year. If we do, we win, and we win big and often. If we don't, then ho-hum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic