Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake Forest is a 3 point favorite over UNC? Is Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,765

Wake Forest is a 3 point favorite over UNC? Is Wake

Sep 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

Playing much better this year on defense? I thought UNC looked better playing Miami than a top 10 Florida did in game one. I hope UNC is undefeated when we play them in Chapel Hill, I could see gameday at the game if UNC is 4-0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake appears to be a lot better team this year.

Sep 10, 2019, 5:25 PM

Their QB (Newman) is legit and they have some really good receivers. I would not be surprised to see Wake beat UNC and a few others in the ACC who mistake them for "Weak Florest"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake Forest is a 3 point favorite over UNC? Is Wake

Sep 10, 2019, 5:27 PM

Not a conference game apparently. Swoff- just unbelievable. How do 2 conf teams play an nonconf game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 5:45 PM

Because they’re in different divisions and NCSTATE is their permanent cross division rival, and they wanted to play every year. I don’t see a problem with it, and I like Clemson to do the same thing.

Sep 10, 2019, 5:47 PM

The two games UNC has played did not portray a strong offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Wake Forest is a 3 point favorite over UNC? Is Wake ]

As far as the non-confernce game between conference opponets go, the league allowed conference teams to play each other in games that will not count in division W/L. This was done to allow historical opponets to play each other outside of the official conference schedule that was required to meet madatory requirements of playing in and out of division teams. Confused?? I am. Bottom line, this allows teams to schedule another Power5 team and to hold a well-attended game while keeping the fans happy by not dropping a historical rilvalry due to ACC commitments. There may be others on here that can do a better job of explaining, but I think that I have it mostly right.

I don't see anything confusing about it! It's not one of

Sep 10, 2019, 6:50 PM

their eight regular conference games, but they still wanted to play each other, since they are in opposite ACC divisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 5:55 PM

I think the line is right on the money and this will be a great game. They are evenly matched and Wake gets 3 for playing at home, assuming their fans show up for this big game. Rice may sound like a cupcake, but I think they are legit. They played better D against Army than Michigan did. And Wake dropped 41 on them. Wake is for real.

Sep 10, 2019, 6:37 PM

another trap game. upset alert and definite game day to appease their buddy Mack Brown

Sep 10, 2019, 6:48 PM

N.C., usuc and Miami are all weak.

Wake QB Is Good!

Sep 10, 2019, 7:09 PM

They have a different QB and both they have 3 WR's that are over 6'3 and a TE that's 6'5(I believe). They have a slow mesh point zone read scheme I have never really seen used before. Be interesting to see it run against a formidable DL. But, they run it well.

I understand fully why Wake is favored.

Howell is going to be good! But, he can be fooled. Two games worth of video on him now, will it continue now that you can gauge some of his tendencies?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic