Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess the grades for the A&M game were lost on the return home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,497

I guess the grades for the A&M game were lost on the return home

Sep 25, 2018, 3:39 PM

B/c KB earned more than two weeks of being the starter after comparing his performance to TL.

It's just who runs out there first. I say let KB continue to get the start b/c TL has no ego. Preserving KB's ego at the sake of nothing is a pretty easy call.

I guarantee TL won't need the day off from practice if his starting job gets pulled. Just keep everyone happy and run KB out there first for now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess the grades for the A&M game were lost on the return home

Sep 25, 2018, 3:45 PM

Good grief. Obviously you haven't watched a game this year. Lawrence has been better in every game. Who knows how Lawrence would have performed if Tony Elliot would not have handcuffed him with terrible playcalling.

Re: I guess the grades for the A&M game were lost on the return home***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:51 PM

Good grief is right.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess the grades for the A&M game were lost on the return home ]

Reading comprehension is an acquired talent.

When did I say that TL wasn't better?!

KB is going to get his snaps still. Sorry to tell you, but KB is still going to play the 3rd and 4th series.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:46 PM

KB had 2 solid drives, and kudos to him for those drives in the 3rd when things weren't looking great.

But, the decision was made in order to avoid a massive media uproar due to the 4 game redshirt rule.

If Dabo makes this decision next week, the media would eat him alive.

that was TL's 2nd game ever, KB's 17th or 18th...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:49 PM

pretty sure that factors into Texas AM game. Our offense at the end still showed we couldn't get a first down.. thats a problem and was a problem b/c they should've beat us. You have to be able to move the ball in tight situations and we won't if its RPO run or screen pass 80% of the time.

The problem isn't whether KB is good its who gives us the best chance to win. TL going down the field spreads the defenses out which provides running lanes for our RB's while stretching the field helps us move the ball and score points. KB is more of a control the clock type guy who is good at that no doubt. But consistently throwing down the field is not going to be there. So defense read us like a book.

Dont' get me wrong, if TL starts sukking all of a sudden then guess what..you gotta winner at backup.

I think all of Dabo's moves to this point were exactly what was needed. You ease the new guy in, see what he's got, and if he shows he can catch on and handle the job then you have a stretch of games here that I think he can be successful enough to get that much needed experience before we play the big boys if we're so fortunate to get there.

Theres a 25% chance we beat Bama with KB and a 50% chance with TL.

yeah, let's go ahead and get our scoreless quarter out of

Sep 25, 2018, 3:51 PM

the way first

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, let's hold it off until the 3rd and 4th drive***

Sep 25, 2018, 4:06 PM

Re: You're right, let's hold it off until the 3rd and 4th drive***

Sep 25, 2018, 4:07 PM

If Trevor is playing well, KB won't be in on the 3rd or 4th drive....

Sep 25, 2018, 3:55 PM

Hellloooo? So we're supposed to put our whole season in jeopardy. A natty. Just because of 1 game. Trevor is the #8 QB in the nation. He has more TDs to attempted passes than anyone and we're supposed to just let KB play be cause of the Texas a and m game. Geez. Stats speak for themselves.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:55 PM

Hellloooo? So we're supposed to put our whole season in jeopardy. A natty. Just because of 1 game. Trevor is the #8 QB in the nation. He has more TDs to attempted passes than anyone and we're supposed to just let KB play be cause of the Texas a and m game. Geez. Stats speak for themselves.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:56 PM

If you go back and look, a lot of TL's early incompletions were perfect throws that were dropped because the receivers just weren't used to the huge disparity of the velocity between a throw from KB and TL.

As the season has gone on, the players have clearly started to adjust to his rhythm and the anticipation of the rock coming in hot resulting in fewer miscues each week.

All I'm saying

Sep 25, 2018, 4:04 PM

If you're going to play both QBs still, keep the status quo to keep the senior happy.

I'd be fine with TL being the only #1, but that's not the case.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:08 PM

You've got to be joking. This is getting a bit ridiculous how out of proportion some of you are putting the Texas A&M game. Did Kelly play good, yes....for 2 quarters (technically 1 and a half).

He 3 and outed his first drive, scored a TD his second drive, 3rd drive TL comes in and him and Tee score a TD on the first play...next 2 drives stall, Kelly comes in next one, drives down the field but has a costly fumble (between him and the center). Trevor comes back in for one play...end of half....KB, no points at all in the second quarter. Both QB's by halftime were even, scored 1 time a piece. Then 3rd quarter, Trevor stalls twice, they hand it back to Kelly...he and the offense score twice, all in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter, he did nothing....ran the ball himself 8 of 12 plays for no points. In the end, he himself is still credited for no more TD's than he had in games last season...2. And that's the most TD's he's had in any game of the entire season...while Trevor is sitting here with a game of 3 and a game of 4 on his record, one in a road venue Clemson has only won in one other time in the last 14 years.

Now, Kelly gets the credit for Texas A&M, but in all honesty, that game was only the way it was because of the tons of holding A&M was allowed to get away with, and that gigantic lucky horseshoe they had in their back pocket that gave them catch after catch off defended and deflected passes all night long. Kelly only looked like a hero because we had to get in a back and forth battle in a game we should have been able to put away decently, but instead, good defensive plays for us would keep turning into good offensive plays for them when the ball kept luckily bouncing into their hands deflection after deflection. It became a very high pressure game for a first time on the road freshman....that doesn't though mean it gives Kelly a 4 game mulligan to under perform Trevor in others and keep the spot.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:10 PM

Here are some stats for you since you believe that KB should be starter

2018 totals

Kelly Bryant - 21 Drives: 7 Td's, 1 FG, 1 Int, 1 Missed Field Goal, 2 Turnover on downs, 1 fumble, 1 injury and 7 punts. This resulted in 52 points

Trevor Lawrence - 24 drives: 13 TD's, 2 FG, 2 INT, 1 missed FG, 1 fumble, 5 punts. This has resulted in 97 points.

I appreciate what Kelly did in the A&M game, but Trevor has just been better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be real. This decision was about the playoffs.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:11 PM

Either TL or KB could get us to 13-0 if you simply look at our defense, offense, special teams, and our schedule. The decision to now start TL is all about the playoffs. KB had his chance against Bama last year and failed. He hasn't shown that he has noticeably improved this season, so your best option is to get TL the experience he needs to give us a better chance against Bama, or OSU. Pure and simple ... you have to pose a real passing threat to make those elite defenses play honest against you. TL gives us that. KB does not. End of story.

Wait...people here think they are better at this than Dabo?

Sep 25, 2018, 4:15 PM

I thought you were joking!!! I thought it was a joke! I even wrote it down in my diary. “TNet made a very funny joke today!”

My goodness. I’m all for discussion and disagreement but maybe win a national championship before telling Dabo Swinney how to manage a team.

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic