Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meyer or Saban; which was the tastier win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,803

Meyer or Saban; which was the tastier win?

May 15, 2017, 4:36 PM

Lets throw out the fact that beating Saban got us the NC. Which team or coach was the sweetest win last year?

For my part, it was beating Meyer and OSU. We have played them 3x, beat them 3x and shut them out last time. It should be a long time before Meyer or OSU has anything arrogantly directed toward Clemson or Dabo.

Of course beating Bama was sweet - they are the 800lbs gorilla and we traded licks with them for two years to beat them and gain an NC, but dominating OSU is something few teams can brag of and it span coaches and decades. As a result, I enjoyed that OSU beatn the most.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meyer or Saban; which was the tastier win?

May 15, 2017, 4:36 PM

Both

Yep...+1.***

May 15, 2017, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 4:42 PM

The back handed smackdown we gave OSU was awfully sweet, not to mention Wilkins grabbing a handful, but beating Saban and The Evil Empire is the sweetest win ever as a Tiger fan.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

yes***

May 15, 2017, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU ... something about curb stomping a bunch of

May 15, 2017, 4:45 PM

Overrated yankees all the way back to 0hio just felt really good.

Wait just a doggone minute...

May 15, 2017, 6:38 PM

I live in PA and am one of those yankees, but I love the CLEMSON Tigers. Beating the Yankees as you say has nothing to do with the Buckeyes...they are just a smug bunch of bullies led by an arrogant chap who had nothing good to say about their butt whooping at the hands of the Tigers. At least Saban credited us with the win, but Meyer said nothing except it wouldn't happen again. Funny man.

Re: Wait just a doggone minute...

May 15, 2017, 7:56 PM

Well, you can't blame the man for saying "never again"...he's got a lot to be sour about Clemson now. Ruined his perfect BCS record in 2014, then followed that up by giving him his first shut out in 2016 in the playoffs.

Clemson and Dabo are a thorn in his backside as far as important end session games and records.

May 15, 2017, 4:46 PM

Both were great but the saban win was better to me bc to espn the man is a walking god and couldn't be beat in a title game blah blah blah. To expose his vaulted secondary was so fun to watch. Plus I think he is a big baby unless bama wins the title so to take it away from him and give him his first natty lose was priceless in my book! But beating Meyer again amd to shut him out for the first time ever was wonderful as well!!

Equal pleasure...blond or brunette chic?? all good

May 15, 2017, 4:52 PM

: )

OSU because there are WAY more OSU fans in SC

May 15, 2017, 8:21 PM

plus I feel like we compete head to head with OSU more than Bama for recruits. Meyer does well in Florida due to his UF days so if we could stop that we would get even more talent from there. Raekeon McMillian (sp?) was the big one he robbed us of.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,803
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic