Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: No Comparison
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,809

Plyler's Blog: No Comparison

Apr 10, 2017, 9:12 AM

No Comparison

No Comparison
Back in the 90s, a good Clemson friend of mine would say, "This is the year we can bury the Gamecocks." And each year something would happen where Clemson couldn't quite put the Gamecocks farther in the rear view mirror.

That has changed.

On Saturday, Clemson may have sc

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: No Comparison

Apr 10, 2017, 9:43 AM

Somebody share this article all over FGF LOL!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should the chicken people get the same sort of

Apr 10, 2017, 9:59 AM

pity that Cubs fans got for so long? It will probably take them a little over 100 years to be relevant, so...Maybe?

Re: Should the chicken people get the same sort of

Apr 10, 2017, 10:05 AM

No pity for the coots. There are 30 MLB teams currently and 100+ aiming to be the top dog in college football. Plus the Cubs pay their players, maybe the coots should revert back to their old ways?!?!?? Haha it still won't matter with the mammoth program Dabo has built compared to the yearly dumpster fire that is Gamecock football!!! ??????

The difference between $CU and Cub fans...

Apr 10, 2017, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Should the chicken people get the same sort of ]

$CU fans are ignorant and deluded. Cubs fans knew they sucked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 10, 2017, 10:13 AM

"He was in Williams-Brice last year when 35,000 Clemson fans took over the building."

I could have sworn we played in Death Valley last year. Did you mean 2015, Mickey?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 10, 2017, 11:42 AM

"shhh.....quiet.....he's on a roll" like Belushi in Animal House....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 12:53 PM

Not only are Coot fans now on the ledge but rumors indicate that members of Muschamp's defensive staff are officially on the ledge!

Apr 10, 2017, 1:13 PM

This rivalry could get ugly in a hurry. Can someone enlighten me as to the longest winning streak between us and the chickens? It may be broken soon.

Apr 10, 2017, 1:16 PM

I believe we won 7 in a row. Checking it now.

7 in a row by Clemson from 1934- 1940

Apr 10, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: No Comparison ]

http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina

4 more to go - and certainly possible given the vastly different directions of the two programs

Re: 7 in a row by Clemson from 1934- 1940

Apr 10, 2017, 1:21 PM

Thanks for the research. Yes it is possible, but I don't want to jinx the boys and say it WILL happen. Just going off the trajectories we are seeing. Dabo has built a machine.

First thing is to erase that whole 5 in a row anomaly.***

Apr 10, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: No Comparison ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

It's really no different than Brice and Seventh choosing to

Apr 10, 2017, 2:10 PM

play for UNC instead of us...Wonder if the Coot fans will blame Boom for letting XT slip through his fingers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be very careful

Apr 10, 2017, 8:45 PM

We are in a good position but we need to be very careful. We need to take care of the culture we have and enhance it. We need to have fun and enjoy but not gloat too much lest we create unnecessary locker room material. Don't even worry or think about that program down in Columbia. Just continue to focus on ourselves. Things can turn in a hurry. Remember 2012 when we just could not find a way to close down a lesser team at home? Things can happen. 3 or 4 key recruits in 3 or 4 consecutive years, key injuries to your opponents, coaches leave, university presidents change, poor officiating, weather, you name it. It has all happened to Clemson in the past. It can happen again if we are not careful as a program, as a fan base and as a university. Just look what we have done since basically 2011 to turn things around. Be aware but focus on Clemson and forget all the others. We are getting to the point we don't need to compare to or even talk about those guys but we are not there yet. Close, but not there yet. In the meantime celebrate and remember every fun win, especially every day at 6:04.

The truth. We still have a lot to accomplish.***

Apr 10, 2017, 8:48 PM

Re: Be very careful

Apr 11, 2017, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Be very careful ]

LOL - I set my alarm clock for 6:04am after returning home from last year's beat down, When it went off, I gladly woke up to celebrate!

WTH Plyler! Do not label Florence a Gamecock town.

Apr 12, 2017, 10:11 AM

There are plenty of Clemson fans/supporters here. Malicah Goodman ring a bell? West Florence HS product. Idjit

Apr 12, 2017, 2:09 PM

I talked to the father of a player from another ACC school who is transferring. This player happens to have a former Tiger as a relative. When his wish to transfer became public knowledge, Muschamp called his son. He said his son did not answer the call, and did not call him back. The exact quote from his son was, "I'm not going there, that place is sketchy." I think that says all that needs to be said about the differences in the school.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,809
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic