Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: A Very Early College Football Poll for 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Update: A Very Early College Football Poll for 2012

Dec 8, 2011, 11:37 AM

A Very Early College Football Poll for 2012

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dwayne Allen

Dec 8, 2011, 11:42 AM

WE NEED HIM BACK FOR FINAL YEAR. I KNOW DEFENSE WILL HAVE SOME HOLES TO FILL BUT ON OFFENSE IT BE NICE IF THE O-LINE WAS ONLY CONCERN TO DEAL WITH NOT O-LINE "AND" TE.

Wow, Athlon, we haven't even started the bowl season yet.***

Dec 8, 2011, 11:43 AM

R. Hall is leaving?***

Dec 8, 2011, 11:45 AM

I dont think so, unless he goes to NFL draft

Dec 8, 2011, 12:27 PM

people only look at his "GR" status and fail to realize he graduated as a junior

I thought maybe I missed something.***

Dec 8, 2011, 12:44 PM

Re: R. Hall is leaving?***

Dec 8, 2011, 12:28 PM [ in reply to R. Hall is leaving?*** ]

Don't think he is. He's a RS Jr.

Behind FSU and VT.... let the preseason hype begin.

Dec 8, 2011, 11:47 AM

If only we could have beat those teams 3x this season...

FSU =

Dec 8, 2011, 11:49 AM

overated

They'll pull another FSU

Dec 8, 2011, 12:32 PM

How many years now have we heard they have too much talent to not win big and then fall flat on their faces?

The $64 question is will FlaSt

Dec 8, 2011, 2:10 PM

still blame the refs after we beat them in Tallahassee??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The $64 question is will FlaSt

Dec 8, 2011, 3:15 PM

I was at that game...there were some bad calls against FSU that went our way. However, they should not be blaming the loss on just a few plays. It was nice to see the zebras go our way for once.

Re: The $64 question is will FlaSt

Dec 9, 2011, 2:18 PM

Whoa I was at that game also what calls are you talking about?

WHY did I read that?

Dec 8, 2011, 12:04 PM

Polls are pointless until November 2012. I know it, I expect it...and still it annoys me to no end that no matter how bad FSU, VT, TX, USC or anyone else is or that Clemson beat VT and FSU 3x. This kind of thing is motivation for Clemson...just win!

Notre Dame at 16

Dec 8, 2011, 12:18 PM

they never will quite will they?

Re: Notre Dame at 16

Dec 8, 2011, 1:50 PM

NOTRE DAME IS SO GOOD THOUGH!!!!!

Like 2008, the "experts" don't see that we lose 4-5 OLmen

Dec 8, 2011, 12:42 PM

This reminds me of when the "experts" superficially looked only at returning "skill" players and failed to notice that Clemson (AP#9 2008 pre-season) and Oklahoma (AP #3 2009 pre-season) were breaking in new offensive lines. Both teams finished unranked in those seasons.

Dalton Freeman just filed his NFL paperwork, so we MAY lose him. Then of course we lose OL starters, Allen (likely), Price, McClain, & Walker, as well as solid backups, Smith & Cloy. Brandon Thomas returns, but after that we’re looking at a lot of really green guys starting. You can reload at WR or RB, but the OL takes time.

And we're losing 3 out of 4 on the DL-- maybe all to the NFL. (Though it's easier to reload a DL than an OL.)

Sorry to poop on the party. Seems like most people thought this year would be mediocre. I didn't (because I was a Tulsa/Chad fan). Seems like most people thought that we'd get whupped by VT in the ACCCG. I didn't (largely because I knew Price was coming back and the team would be motivated to win the ACC). Unfortunately, including the road schedule, I think next season will be step back. (Hope I'm wrong.) But 2013 could be a GREAT (national title run) year if the OLs & DLs develop well. I just hope Tajh can stay healthy behind the 2012 OL.

I hope you're wrong.

Dec 8, 2011, 12:45 PM

But I agree with you. Losing your ENTIRE offensive line can be devastating.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Blocking? We don't need no stinkin' blocking.***

Dec 8, 2011, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't think we'd lose to VT?

Dec 8, 2011, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Like 2008, the "experts" don't see that we lose 4-5 OLmen ]

Are you out of your mind? You have been the most negative poster on this entire board. You were calling for firing Steele and Dabo and everyone else because they don't understand coaching.

and now you want to claim you thought we would beat VT. You sir, are full of S#%T.

Here's a link that proves you wrong. Ouch! Apology coming?

Dec 8, 2011, 6:01 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11570760#11570760

I was opposed to HIRING Dabo because I didn't want Clemson to suffer his rookie coaching errors while he did on-the-job training. (I was right. We did suffer his rookie errors.) I NEVER called for Dabo or Steele to be FIRED. Here are my posts. Prove me wrong! Ha!
http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=66538

I have critiqued Dabo where he has made mistakes, like hiring Napier as OC, letting Ellington & Harper evenly split carries when Ellington was clearly superior, playing Dye over Hopkins, keeping Brad Scott as OL coach. Obviously I was right because Dabo belatedly fixed ALL of those mistakes that I pointed out. I've also praised Dabo for hiring Chad, motivating & disciplining the team, recruiting well, etc. Realism, not pumperism.

You owe me an apology for lying about me.

Im sorry, Did we have blocking this year? lol

Dec 8, 2011, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Like 2008, the "experts" don't see that we lose 4-5 OLmen ]

nm

This is exactly why I think we should go get a JUCO OL which

Dec 8, 2011, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Like 2008, the "experts" don't see that we lose 4-5 OLmen ]

replaces guys we missed on, lost to injury, and the small class Dabo brought in after failing to hold together the 2008 class pumpers swore Dabo would save, but folks like us knew would fall apart unless a proven HC was hired.

Even Ford recruited some JUCO players to fill holes on otherwise good teams. And who can forget what Cam Newton did as a JUCO recruit.

2013 will be the year***

Dec 8, 2011, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO...VT still ranked ahead of us. Amazing!***

Dec 8, 2011, 1:08 PM

Those votes were in before Sat! :)***

Dec 8, 2011, 1:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they wake up in 1988?

Dec 8, 2011, 1:52 PM

Why are FSU, Ohio State and USC (the real one) in the top 8 teams? FSU was lucky to finish 8-4 this year. OSU finished 4th in their DIVISION and barely qualified for a bowl with 6 wins this year. USC will be horrible next year once Matt Barkley declares for the draft.

Clemson will finish this season in the top 10. Anybody that thinks the tigers won't be in the preseason top 10 for 2012 just isn't paying attention.

But, I guess if you're selling magazines, you want USC Ohio State and FSU featured prominantly in your polls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barkley may be coming back….

Dec 8, 2011, 11:02 PM

and it will probably benefit him too. Andrew Luck will be the first QB taken, and the teams looking for a QB might be in 9, 10, 11 spots. He stays another year and he will be the first pick in the 2013 draft.

I'm surprised it wasn't like this...

Dec 8, 2011, 2:21 PM

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Arkansas
4. Georgia
5. Florida
6 South Carolina
7. Oklahoma St.
8. Oklahoma
9. Ohio State
10.Penn State
11-17.List any mix of Big XX and Pac 12 schools
18.FSU
19.VT
20-25 remainins SEC Big XX and Pac 12 schools

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hall could leave but doubtful

Dec 8, 2011, 6:47 PM

I think the confusion comes in because he already has his degree and is thus listed as a "graduate" instead of RS Jr. However Coty Sensabaugh is leaving and he will be missed I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's up with our offensive line next year?***

Dec 8, 2011, 10:33 PM

and will our defense ever be as good as 2010, or better next

Dec 8, 2011, 10:34 PM

year?

FSU #8, bwhahahahahaha***

Dec 8, 2011, 10:56 PM

sorry folks, but no way we wind up #12.

Dec 8, 2011, 11:20 PM

we lose almost all our entire starting offensive line.. we do lose 'em all if dalton freeman leaves early, and he's submitting his paperwork (likely won't leave, but we are losing most of 'em on the 2-deep..also losing our best defensive linemen..the game is won at the line of scrimmage, on both sides..and linemen take years to develop..

enjoy this year, because next year is 8-4, at best..perhaps 7-5..it'll get a lot better in 2013 and 2014, but the hot seat talk will probably fire up again next year..and folks will be screaming about chad's $1.3 million..no hater, just a realist..

the future is solid orange, but we're a couple of years away..and we seriously need to start bringing in some 4 and 5-star beef to clear holes/plug holes for our rock star skill guys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

you're talking like our OL actually played good this year...

Dec 9, 2011, 12:00 AM

the run blocking was horrendous all year and the pass blocking fell apart in november. We could actually be better at OL next year even with the losses, because honestly, other than Phillip Price, we are not losing any good players. And if you haven't checked we brought in a few good OL recruits in last years recruiting class and we are bring in some 4 star OL recruits this year. So keep up with what's really going on.

did not say this year's ol was talented or played well.

Dec 9, 2011, 12:17 AM

but they were the best we had..and we lose them and most of the second-teamers.

i don't deny that we have brought in some kids that have potential, and the 2012 class looks positive..i believe my post made clear that, two years out, i feel good about our "big uglies"..but offensive linemen are rarely successful in their first year seeing significant playing time, regardless of how many stars they come in with..if you're expecting success from kids who haven't got d1 game experience, perhaps you should keep up with reality yourself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

is texas ranked each preseason regardless of the prior year?***

Dec 8, 2011, 11:52 PM

see ND and any SEC team***

Dec 8, 2011, 11:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not just ranked, but nearly top 15 nonetheless***

Dec 8, 2011, 11:54 PM

texas most likely be much improved next season, difference..

Dec 8, 2011, 11:55 PM [ in reply to is texas ranked each preseason regardless of the prior year?*** ]

though with them and ND, is Texas actually has a bunch of young talent and ND doesn't.

this is what made me laugh......

Dec 9, 2011, 12:23 AM

It’s a close call between the Hokies and Florida State for the very early No. 1 spot in the ACC predictions. For now, the edge goes to the Seminoles

between them two for number one..yet we won the title and return most of our team next year.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic