Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Voting in the face of COVID-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 346

Voting in the face of COVID-19

Apr 7, 2020, 9:00 AM

I don't know the ins and outs of the situation in Wisconsin...perhaps it was too late in the game to make changes to the law regarding absentee ballots.

My main focus is going forward. I think the time is now to make preparations for the possibility that in-person voting may be difficult or impossible for the November elections. It's a long ways out, so maybe we'll be OK by then, but we still need to prepare for the possibility.

I think everything should be on the table, including online voting, and mail-in voting. The key is to make it so that everyone has an opportunity to vote, and we make it as accessible as possible. And at the same time, the time is now to work resolve any potential security options with these voting methods. Mail-in voting makes fraud more possible? Well, work on it until it's not like that. Same thing with online voting. We have brilliant minds who can do this, I have no doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we should just delay all elections til next yr

Apr 7, 2020, 9:10 AM

.............................................wait foooor iiiittttt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cata coming in hot like

Apr 7, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Apr 7, 2020, 11:47 AM

Love it. Although if proposed, some of y'all on this board would lap it up and come up with convoluted reasons why we should do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Wouldn't work Constitutionally.***

Apr 7, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I think we should just delay all elections til next yr ]

seems we're throwing it out the window now anyways

Apr 7, 2020, 9:35 AM

right to assemble, etc....
right to walk down the street.
right to surf without getting arrested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights

Apr 7, 2020, 9:40 AM

are absolute. There are current restrictions on all them, that we never complain about, and for good reason. The rights are often restricted when in the interest of public health and safety. There is longstanding legal precedent for the government being able to curb rights to assembly, for example, in times of emergency.

i'm joking ....that is unless they screw football season

Apr 7, 2020, 9:43 AM

then I'm not

I think football season is very much up in the air

Apr 7, 2020, 9:45 AM

Just my feeling. Just because the virus impact peaks doesn't mean restrictions will go away quickly, or we could risk just another peak. Personally, I'm more worried about baseball, because I like that more...but I hope we don't see more major sports delays. It's an important part of our lives.

Everyone?

Apr 7, 2020, 9:12 AM

Non-citizens?

Obviously not, lol.

Apr 7, 2020, 9:13 AM

I thought the fact that only citizens 18 years or older can vote would be implicit.

Not according to some in here....***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:03 AM

Who? People in here actually want non-citizens to vote?***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:43 AM

Some pubs here think there are millions of illegals that vote

Apr 7, 2020, 12:19 PM

every year, and there is rampant voter fraud in favor of Democrats. Which of course is not true, but they don’t let facts get in the way of that.

Online voting

Apr 7, 2020, 10:46 AM

using your social security number.

Done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Hard pass.***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:48 AM

Mail in

Apr 7, 2020, 10:54 AM

and they have 2 weeks to put it in the mailbox

Done

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 16
| visibility 346
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic