Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well I feel better already today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Well I feel better already today.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:52 AM

I just found out our national debt doesn't matter, and it will never affect me.

I think I'll just take the rest of the day off an go fishing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well I feel better already today.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:59 AM

It'll probably have some effects, mostly relative to political behavior.

The gloomy predictions about how we'll all be on the streets are never panning out. So yeah, if your anxiety about national debt was keeping you from enjoying life, please go out and have fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just kicking this around...

Nov 12, 2019, 11:03 AM

When the dollar becomes worthless, and we, as a country have defaulted on our debts...how exactly do you plan on buying food, water, etc? And how will you? How would you be paid by wherever you may still have a job?

When we default on our debt

Nov 12, 2019, 11:04 AM

the entire world will be thrown into a depression like none human kind has ever seen since all of us hold each other's debt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

bingo

Nov 12, 2019, 11:08 AM

Re: just kicking this around...

Nov 12, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to just kicking this around... ]

I've explained this to you repeatedly. You didn't read it then, why would I engage you now?

Your "repeatedly" response has been "that won't happen"

Nov 12, 2019, 11:07 AM

Its obvious to me, and probably anyone who has read what you've typed, you have zero idea what you are talking about.

Why would I believe you now?

Re: Your "repeatedly" response has been "that won't happen"

Nov 12, 2019, 4:25 PM

But I posted stuff from respected economists. Not just my opinion with no backing.

Sure you did***

Nov 12, 2019, 4:28 PM

When ytou believe the government funds the economy and not

Nov 12, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Well I feel better already today. ]

the opposite (truth), you can have an over-secure belief in the government. Good thing that's never happened before in recorded history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try not to stress over things which are out of my control.

Nov 12, 2019, 11:17 AM

I don't recall borrowing any of that money and I'm not going to pay it back. In the last five POTUS elections it didn't matter who you voted for because both side spend like drunken sailors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liberal utopia, everyone equally miserable

Nov 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

probably should avoid voting democrat if you want to avoid being miserable

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seeing as how you're clearly not a Dem, what's your excuse?***

Nov 12, 2019, 11:19 AM

i am pretty happy

Nov 12, 2019, 11:23 AM

great boss, great job, great wife

only thing bothering me is that my kid moved to Massachusetts and ice/snow is in the forecast

thanks for asking!

Vote Republican, they care deeply about deficit spending,

Nov 12, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to liberal utopia, everyone equally miserable ]

unlike those reckless Democrats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they don't. They just want to spend on other stuff

Nov 12, 2019, 11:41 AM

than the democrats do. They are all spending your kids future away.

I was being fuhseeshus.***

Nov 12, 2019, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will solve illegal immigration

Nov 12, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to No, they don't. They just want to spend on other stuff ]

winning

who will?***

Nov 12, 2019, 11:59 AM

I always like the football team analogy

Nov 12, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to liberal utopia, everyone equally miserable ]

Ask a liberal to bet on the winner of a football game between two teams. Team A EVERYONE gets EQUAL playing time. Team B has these players called "starters" who play most of the game because they did the best in practice. And they have players of unequal talent competing for each position so the best player gets to play the most.

Who ya got and what's the spread....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's not really accurate

Nov 12, 2019, 12:42 PM

you have one football team who gets the best equipment, top of the line trainers, top of the line coaches, and has top of the line facilities.

Then you have the other team who is just as skilled as the other team, but has none of the above.

Who wins?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Wait....I'm not talking about rotating the 1's, 2's, and 3rd

Nov 12, 2019, 1:08 PM

string equally. I'm talking about not having ANY strings. Just every player plays an equal amount at their respective position. Let's go by alphabet for the rotation.

Clemson will lose to a USuC. EVERY TIME. Alabama would lose to Vanderbilt. EVERY TIME. Charlotte and Wofford might be a game. You can't even coach a team top play as a team if all the players rotate constantly. You won't have your 1st and second team cohesion. You'd have random guys of random skill playing randomly. O-line is weak on one play on the left side, another play on the right side. You have a short receiver on one play, a tall one on another. Heck, I'm not even sure how you could call plays. Your strengths and weaknesses would change every play. You would be killed by inferior players, with inferior skill, with inferior coaches. There is a reason no one does this.

You name starters, and make them compete for playing time in practice, you get the best out of every player, at every position, every game. If a guy knows he's going to get 4 minutes of playing time no matter how hard he tries in practice, you will get crap. In practice and in the game.

This Country will woe the day the Conservative agenda ...

Nov 12, 2019, 12:47 PM

disintegrated into partisan politics and Nationalism.

The yin and yang between Liberal and Conservative politics is gone.

The “political class” is consumed by self interest: financial and power. Alledged Service to country is lip service to numb the public. The win at all cost mentality has destroyed any opportunity for beneficial compromise. Politicians have to rigidly align to party platforms _ creating elections that are essentially a choice between a red and blue rock. Just count the rocks of each color on any legislation unless there is some perceived mutual gain for the “political class”.

Always fascinates me to see people somehow blame

Nov 12, 2019, 1:34 PM

conservatives for the rise of partisan politics. "Yeah, we've been calling you guys all sorts of horrible #### going on 30 years now, but why can't we all just get along??".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Member when if you disagreed with Obama you were a

Nov 12, 2019, 1:35 PM

racist?

Good times.

Remember back when Obama was against gay marriage, then he

Nov 12, 2019, 1:44 PM

changed his mind but everyone who didn't or was still on the fence automatically became a homophobe? That was only what, like 10 years ago? WhY aRe We So DiViDeD herp derp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No assignment of blame - partisan politics is a 2-way street

Nov 12, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Always fascinates me to see people somehow blame ]

Many aspects of a historical conservative agenda are not being advanced today. In fact, the antithesis is occurring .... such as deficit spending in a good economy and tariffs that increase farm subsidies. Even the tax cuts could potentially have been constructed more effectively. The stock buy backs are good for those invested (including me) but not sure of longer term impacts.

Regarding foreign affairs, it seems Conservatives we’re once aligned with NATO and reluctant to embrace a Putin led Russia.

Liberal policy on the other hand seems to be sliding further left ... but that’s another topic. Perhaps that movement is also something to woe.

Been watching Donald Trump's twitter?

Nov 12, 2019, 1:01 PM

I thought populism meant we didn't need to care about limited government anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah..talking to our resident economic genius

Nov 12, 2019, 1:05 PM

CU17

It's been an interesting and depressing thing to watch...

Nov 12, 2019, 1:30 PM

the conservatives who used to talk about spending and the debt have almost all retired because the Trump administration just doesn't care about their priorities. A lot of those people were the ones who were more critical of Trump early on, too, so they're now considered "RINOs" by people who want Trump to be the embodiment of the Republican Party.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, the debt doesn't matter, except in politics.

Nov 12, 2019, 1:34 PM

At least thats what I read in here.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic