Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Tigerband
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Regarding Tigerband

Sep 17, 2012, 2:17 PM

I know some people love it because they were in it and whatnot, but really take a step back and look at it. I think Sped himself is posting in their now calling the band "the most beloved thing on campus".

just because they work hard dosen't mean they are immune to criticism. If that is the case then nobody should criticize the players lackluster efforts when it comes to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The band was at the game? All i heard was rap music

Sep 17, 2012, 2:21 PM

nm

Name me a college band that you like and tell me their

Sep 17, 2012, 3:56 PM

halftime show without looking it up. And tell me what made it so interesting that you remembered their show.

Oh BTW, both Georgia and South Carolina Marching bands did Olympic tributes for their first show of the year.

I'm guessing most of you couldn't pick out a Baritone in an instrument lineup, yet you become music experts because your iPod has 3600 songs that you downloaded illegally.

Maybe you'll enjoy one of the later shows this year:

Dave Matthews Band
A musical tribute to one of the greatest jam bands of all time.

Re: Name me a college band that you like and tell me their

Sep 17, 2012, 7:56 PM

Furman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Name me a college band that you like and tell me their

Sep 17, 2012, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Name me a college band that you like and tell me their ]

Tiger band is better than DMB.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Re: Regarding Tigerband

Sep 17, 2012, 2:28 PM

Tigerband is terrible, and has been for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2012, 2:31 PM

Agreed. I think that more people cheered for the Furman band this past weekend, which was about half the size, than did for Tigerband. Our band is almost a joke compared to every other band that comes to Death Valley.

Sep 17, 2012, 2:34 PM

Nothing a new rendition of "DIXIE" wouldn't cure! We will never see that again but it was once a way of life on football saturdays.

TiGER Band has NO IDENTITY...NONE!! But I Love THEM because

Sep 17, 2012, 2:48 PM

of the time they give to make the college experience so much better & lively & entertaining...and their being on the road trips with the FB Team over the 50 years I've attended away games has made me & the Team happy campers due the level of excitement & support they've given.

Just wish they would create a more identifiable personality like other bands have...like Ohio St with the "O" formation, or Texas A&M with their endzone formation...or Georgia with their sideline to sidline march to get the fans going...or the high stepping of the Florida A&M band.

I can't get enough of these bands and stay to see them perform..whereas the Tiger Band is a very good formation Band but not very loud due to size and even distribution of instruments (and few schollies)...and really can't hold the attention of the regulars...and can't even dazzle like many high school bands can.

Just saying...jazz it up, but no jazz music needed.

Go TiGERs & Go TiGER Band!....and Thanks to both for all your time, effort & great spirit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Size shouldn't be the issue

Sep 17, 2012, 2:52 PM

since before the Ball State game they announced that TigerBand is the largest it's been in some 30 years.

Re: TiGER Band has NO IDENTITY...NONE!! But I Love THEM because

Sep 17, 2012, 7:38 PM [ in reply to TiGER Band has NO IDENTITY...NONE!! But I Love THEM because ]

I take it you have never watched Tiger Band's Pregame. Never watched them run out of the tunnels out onto the field like Georgia except they RUN not March, takes a ton more skill to do that. Or never seen them spell out TIGERS just like Ohio state spells out OHIO.

Their identity is "Shaking the South Land" with Tigerrag!

Sep 17, 2012, 10:24 PM [ in reply to TiGER Band has NO IDENTITY...NONE!! But I Love THEM because ]

Just play it over and over and over!

Sep 17, 2012, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Tigerband ]

You are a joke of a "fan" to say that about Tiger Band. They put their soul into their instruments and the music they are playing. They work hard and play even harder and louder. They don't need some ignorant person on here SLAMMING them for being perfect. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such a thing about Tiger Band.

Our Band is the Best, Always have been the best, Always WILL be the BEST. Do all of Clemson University a favor and apologize to Tiger Band for your comment. It is the absolute LEAST you could do for them. They sacrifice hours and hours in the hot August sun and hours in the dead of the December moon. SO that fans, even the ignorant ones like you, can get some sort of entertainment during halftime.

Think next time before you post something ATTACKING Clemson's Tiger Band Mr. Tigerman316.

TIGER BAND #1 FAN!!!

Well, that Tiger Rag song is pretty cool.***

Sep 17, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Tigerband ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 17, 2012, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Tigerband ]

And you probably have no musical talent whatsoever and no idea what those guys and girls go through. Therefore you should go to GAMECOCK BAND and be their personal water boy if you think Tiger Band is "terrible". You sir are not a Clemson Fan, and therefore should just leave and not post on a Clemson forum ever again.

Tiger Band is the BEST! When they start to play Tiger Tell and the Trumpets start it off and hit all the notes perfectly, gives me chill bumps. Because I know that TIGER TELL is going to be played LOUD AND PROUD. So do all of Clemson and all the Tiger Band students a favor and stop attacking them. They are AWESOME and deserve people to cheer for them and not Boo them when they play or go on the field.

TIGER BAND IS THE BEST!!!

to be honest, the Gamecock band is pretty good***

Sep 17, 2012, 10:06 PM

Re: to be honest, the Gamecock band is pretty good***

Sep 17, 2012, 10:14 PM

THEY ARE AWFUL COMPARED TO TIGER BAND AND TIGER TELL!! TIGER BAND IS THE BEST!!! They play it Loud and Proud for all of us, the least we fans can do is support them!

TIGER BAND #1 FAN!!

There's a difference between constructive criticism

Sep 17, 2012, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Tigerband ]

and just being a #######.

GO TIGERS

Re: There's a difference between constructive criticism

Sep 17, 2012, 10:21 PM

TIGER BAND doesn't even need "Constructive Criticism" THEY are The BEST, they are like the AMERICANS of the Olympics. They are Number 1 and I, their number 1 fan!

TIGER BAND NUMBER 1 FAN!!!

ok now im starting to think you arent serious***

Sep 17, 2012, 10:22 PM

Re: ok now im starting to think you arent serious***

Sep 17, 2012, 10:28 PM

Tiger Band is the Best, I grew up listening to them and Tiger Tell. There is no other Band in the Country that can compete with them, other bands don't have a snowball's chance in Hell against the awesome sounds of Tiger Band.

Yes i am serious. I am a real fan of their work, their dedication, their time that they give to us so that the football experience is better than any where else in the country. And i will defend them from False Fans like you with as much dedication and pride that they show ever single Gameday and every single practice in the sun that they go through. That is the least that i can do for them.

TIGER BAND NUMBER 1 FAN!!!

ok well obviously you are a tigerband fan

Sep 17, 2012, 10:30 PM

maybe I'm not as high on tiger band. I'm a bigger Clemson fan than you in other things like olympic sports. I'm not going to call you a non clemson fan for not supporting them.

Re: ok well obviously you are a tigerband fan

Sep 17, 2012, 10:35 PM

Im a huge Clemson fan, You will not see me slandering any of Clemson's athletics, Clemson's academics, Clemson's policies, Tiger Band, Clemson's cheerleaders, Clemson's Rally Cats. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. I Support EVERYTHING because they all are putting in time to make this University Better and DON'T Deserve people like you saying that they suck or complaining that that Tiger Band takes off their wool jackets when its freaking 100 degrees outside and the rest of us are in shorts and tee shirts.

Real fans stand by their university, Real fans dont say make forums dedicated to Slamming the band, REAL FANS DON'T DO THAT

i

Sep 17, 2012, 2:40 PM

I would rather it be silent at halftime than have to listen to the band. It is almost always weird tribute music.

Re: i

Sep 18, 2012, 8:51 AM

When the last time you stayed in your seat at half time?

The band does a fine job and if you know so much about it why don't you call Dr. Spede and help him out instead of spewing nonsense.

I bet you can't play with yourself

Tigerband would be better IF

Sep 17, 2012, 2:41 PM

they stood in one place, pointed in one direction, and PLAYED LOUD!
And....all that swinging the horns around in the stands is annoying... just PLAY LOUD!

Re: Tigerband would be better IF

Sep 18, 2012, 8:52 AM

What? really the kids having a blast annoys you?

Get a life

loudness is an issue***

Sep 17, 2012, 5:43 PM

Sep 17, 2012, 7:34 PM

Thank you for even comparing me to Dr. Speede. He is a great guy and does very well with the students and I only have had positive things to say about him since he has been here at Clemson. But no I am not him, like I said, I am a student and a True Tiger Fan. Oh and Making another thread does not keep me away from defending Tiger Band and their AWESOME Tiger Tell song that they always play for me. If sound is an issue then one of two things needs to change.

1. SIT CLOSER TO THE BAND
or..
2. GET HEARING CHECKED

Iv sat everywhere in the stadium and I can hear Tiger Band clearly. So obviously it is NOT Tiger Band that has the problem. If you really want to hear sound you should listen to the sousaphones as they walk back to the band room. I can hear them the whole way back and it sounds awesome with such power.

But I understand that the people attacking Tiger Band are the VAST Minority. I'd say there is about 10 people here, where as there are hundreds of thousands that love Tiger Band. Which makes you 0.000001% of the population. So you people can keep hating on Tiger Band, but the rest of the Clemson Fans know they do great things for this University.

TIGER BAND'S NUMBER 1 FAN!! KEEP PLAYING TIGER TELL!!

what is tiger tell***

Sep 17, 2012, 7:35 PM

Re: what is tiger tell***

Sep 17, 2012, 7:51 PM

SO you dont know the names of the songs that they play? You must not go to any of the games. IT is the best song that they play next to Tiger Rag

The version of William Tell Overture that turns into

Sep 17, 2012, 10:20 PM [ in reply to what is tiger tell*** ]

Tiger Rag about ten seconds in.

GO TIGERS

Re: The version of William Tell Overture that turns into

Sep 17, 2012, 10:23 PM

IT MAKES IT THE BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIGER TELL!!! TIGER TELL!!!! TIGER TELL!!!!

PLAY TIGER TELL LOUD AND PROUD FOR ME TIGER BAND!!!!

TIGER BAND #1 FAN!!!

Exposed coot***

Sep 18, 2012, 12:19 AM [ in reply to what is tiger tell*** ]

63-17

Sep 17, 2012, 7:36 PM

Bring back the Pith helemets, and the old English tunic style uniforms.

Sep 17, 2012, 7:38 PM

Oh, and hire an advisor from SC State, NC A&T, or some other HBC. Thse bands know how to get down.

Sep 17, 2012, 7:59 PM

or even Furman!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 PM

You are in it for an easy 1 hr A and support the football team. You get free trips and per diem. You get to be on the field and enjoy game day on a different level. Tiger band does not compete. What the hell is the big deal? I enjoyed my time and made good friends. I played well but this ain't high school people. There are not competitions for college bands.
So kids, go have fun and support the Tigers! That is what Tiger Band is about.
Marched 95-96

Re: Regarding Tigerband***

Sep 17, 2012, 8:10 PM

Vols band

Sep 17, 2012, 11:02 PM

Ive been to neyland twice and their halftime show was unforgettable, the band was amazi g

Ehhhhh

Sep 18, 2012, 12:29 AM

I think the band sucks. Good portion of them never even play. Shows suck. I leave and drink beer. There i said it.

Re: Ehhhhh

Sep 18, 2012, 8:55 AM

If you leave and drink beer then how the h#ll do you know if the band is good?

Dumb post

Re: Ehhhhh

Sep 18, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Ehhhhh ]

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about then if you leave and never watch the band. That's like saying Clemson has a terrible offense and have never seen them play. (Which we all know is completely false). YOU just said that because you wanted to be an @#$ to Tiger Band when they have done nothing but try to entertain you. HAVE fun going through life with that sort of mentality. Tiger Band is the Best!!

GO TIGER BAND!!! NUMBER 1 FAN!

Here's all I'll say as a layperson w/out any musical

Sep 18, 2012, 6:46 PM

Knowledge or skill whatsoever. The Furman band was more entertaining. They Probably sold out for that one as their big one for the year, but still.

Again..create an IDENTITY with a formation or JAZZ it up***

Sep 18, 2012, 6:52 PM

GoTiGERs & Tiger Band! Appreciate what you both do for Clemson..including the fun & honor you've brought to TigerNation & the school.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic