Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visited Clemson today!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,254

Visited Clemson today!

Jul 18, 2015, 8:10 PM

I dropped the wife off at Dabo's Ladies Camp this morning and got to spend the day in Clemson! Great day - spent the morning walking all over campus, had a cheeseburger lunch at Mac's Drive In, spent the afternoon updating my Clemson wardrobe downtown and topped the day off with some ice cream from the Ag sales ('55 Exchange in Hendrix Student Center). All in all a great day in the promised land!

One side note - I can't believe all the construction that is happening all over campus. I almost think we are building too much stuff at the same time as you can't hardly walk 200 feet anywhere on campus without hitting a construction zone/fence. The campus sure has grown a lot since I was a student in the late '80s but it is still a beautiful place.

I took a couple of snaps of the Littlejohn construction - almost cried when I saw they had chopped down all those big old trees along the Avenue of the Champions. Also thought I'd include a snap of the "Oculus" - still looks like they have a ways to go...sure hope it is ready by September 5th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visited Clemson today!

Jul 18, 2015, 8:23 PM

You're right with the construction. There's so much going on. As a student it's annoying half the time but really cool to imagine what it'll look like in August. We tallied it up one day and there is ~1 billion dollars of construction projects underway. It's incredible. We're moving on up!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2015, 8:29 PM

Thanks for the pics.

Looks like Littlejohn will not open for business on Sept. 5th or any other Saturday this fall.

Hope the Athletic Dept. has a lot of Port'a John's ready for the crowd. :)

Otherwise, things will get serious!

BTW Oculus will be on time and under budget.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 18, 2015, 8:30 PM

Great post. Alumns like me who haven't been back for a decade or more are always hungry for all the campus updates that we can get. Nice to hear that our school's still got the prettiest campus on earth.

Jul 18, 2015, 11:15 PM

Awesome! That is the same exact thing I do when I go to Clemson except substitute mac's for smokin' pig. I do love Mac's though! I love to check out my brick (class of 2001) on the president's walkway across from the president's house-makes me a proud tiger! Great memories and thanks for the pics. Go Tigers!

One Billion Dollars you say?

Jul 19, 2015, 3:45 AM
tg8xgx.jpg(44.9 K)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 19, 2015, 1:57 AM

loved the joke. I had to forward it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly God's Country!!!!!!!

Jul 19, 2015, 12:26 PM

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic