Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visit to the White House
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Visit to the White House

Apr 1, 2017, 9:35 AM

Let me start off by saying I am not a President Trump fan. Please - I've heard all the comments so let's try not to go down that path around this post.

I'm assuming since the spring semester ends in a little over a month there will be no recognition by the White House of our National Championship team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe President Reagan started the tradition of inviting the National Champion to the White House in 1981 with Clemson's first National Championship team. Every year since the tradition has continued with the exception of.....this year.

Obviously, I do not know everything the President does but I have heard very little, if any, of him attending many "ceremonial" type events. Some may say that's fine - there are more pressing matters and for sure expensive though I'm certain the school bears all the financial burden. Personally, I find it sad that these traditions are seemingly coming to an abrupt end.

I'm fully aware that we are experiencing a politically charged environment like no time in our recent history. I suppose because of that the thought may be it's better there not be a recognition event this year. I completely disagree. I think for the vast majority of our players, coaches, and staff that would attend it would be a major event in their lives that would transcend personal political opinions. (Please notice I did not say "once in a lifetime" because I am hoping we pick up a few more of these titles in the coming years!). In 25 years President Trump (as would any President) will be a distant memory but I would think being hosted at the White House would live on as if it were yesterday.

I suppose outside of western SC - and for a few of us scattered across the US - there's very little appeal and perhaps that's part of the reasoning of the White House as well. In the past, the national news has picked up the event so, at least for a day, the University would get some well deserved free coverage.

I apologize if my post became too biased - that was not my intent. It is hard, however, to mask my disappointment that this event does not appear to be in the works. While the vast, vast majority of us would not be there in person, we all join in celebrating our Tigers and our fantastic year and from that perspective we would have been there in spirit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visit to the White House

Apr 1, 2017, 10:06 AM

I don't think Florida State went when they won either. Maybe the White House doesn't like the ACC or is a SEC only fan!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2017, 10:12 AM

Fire swofford

Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go...

Apr 1, 2017, 10:14 AM

and I hope our coaches and Admin would reject the request since trump sexually harrassed Clemson Grad Nancy O'Dell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MAGA

Apr 1, 2017, 10:36 AM

!

Uhh...exsqueeze me...

Apr 1, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go... ]

You confuse "reality" with your assumptions. You have no idea what the players, coaches, or administration would do. You're projecting your own political views onto other people. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean they'll feel the same way. MAGA

Liberal snowflakes love projecting their views on others***

Apr 1, 2017, 11:32 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

see that you just got home from the Klan rally over in Lexington***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:12 PM

I live in Greenville about 30 miles from my alma mater.***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the irony that IS liberals calling anyone racist

Apr 1, 2017, 7:51 PM [ in reply to see that you just got home from the Klan rally over in Lexington*** ]

when libs are the most racist party to exist in the history of the United States.

The only thing that prick knows about me is where I grew up.

Apr 1, 2017, 8:08 PM

And he tries to use it to insult me, lol. Nice try.

Don't talk bad about snowflakes!

Apr 2, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Liberal snowflakes love projecting their views on others*** ]

I was a snowflake once, in the second grade Christmas play in grammar school. We sang "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" and "Frosty the Snowman". Everybody told me I was a great snowflake. And we had just about many people there as the Coots did at their spring game.

I'm not projecting anything. I'm stating facts about a person...

Apr 1, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Uhh...exsqueeze me... ]

who hates 80-85% of our players. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that most of that 80-85% don't care for him.

Reality is "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"!!!!!!

Apr 1, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go... ]

Get over it. Trump is the legally elected President of the United States of America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reality is he is a Russian traitor***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:10 PM

^^^^^Classical "Trump Derangement Syndrome"^^^^^

Apr 1, 2017, 7:12 PM

Nice pulse, BTW...

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-raimondo-trump-derangement-syndrome-20161226-story.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^UnAmerican Ruskie traitor^^^

Apr 1, 2017, 7:15 PM

vvvv-Served eight years in US Navy against the Ruskies-vvvv

Apr 1, 2017, 7:22 PM

Those of us who served ALL know that you "progressives" are the real commies in America now...

When are you going to enlist and serve this nation instead of you and your snowflake ilk bleeding her dry and complaining about our Constitution?

^^^ Samuel Johnson had a lot to say about people like this

Apr 1, 2017, 7:56 PM

^^^^^ SCOK ^^^^^***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:23 PM

Re: Reality is he is a Russian traitor***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Reality is he is a Russian traitor*** ]

^^^ Traitor in general

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Russia helped him, but he hasn't actually done anything yet

Apr 1, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Reality is he is a Russian traitor*** ]

that you could call traitorous or really anything. Lot of talk so far and the sanctions haven't been diminished. McCain is keeping a close eye on him, especially since Trump's top terrorism adviser had to resign (he's a member of a pro-Nazi Hungarian organization and might get prosecuted for immigration fraud).

The source of the 2013 pee-pee party and quid-pro-quo intelligence is the president of the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce, and not just a Russian hooker like we all thought.

And here's the proof........

Apr 2, 2017, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Reality is he is a Russian traitor*** ]

<###### width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/0mgQaFlo_p8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Wrong again.

Apr 1, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go... ]

You love to chime on these don't you.

The majority of the team will attend the invitation to the White House. It's not a political event and several other DC stops will be a part of the visit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then give me the link that a visit has been set up***

Apr 1, 2017, 7:11 PM

Reality is only a handful of players are going

Apr 1, 2017, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go... ]

plans are to only take 3 or 4, just like the State House visit. And that's all that went in 1982 to see Reagan and Strom. I'm sure you would have freaked out about that trip also, since Reagan was a big hateful meanie too.

The other reality is that most people aren't as childish and immature as you.

Everybody liked Reagan

Apr 2, 2017, 2:25 AM

almost nobody likes Trump. He has 37% approval, and half of those foolish people know he's a clown but know that he's their clown.

Same poll that said Hillary was winning in Pennsylvania?***

Apr 2, 2017, 8:03 AM

no, everybody liked Reagan AT THE END

Apr 2, 2017, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Everybody liked Reagan ]

his "approval polls" in 1982-83 were in the 35-40% range.

"Things got worse for Reagan in 1982. The public's view of the economy remained sour, and the president's ratings during 1982 stayed concomitantly low, in the 40% range, ending the year at 41%."

Indeed, although 1983 began for Reagan with a 35% job approval rating -- the worst of his administration -- things started to look better."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/11887/ronald-reagan-from-peoples-perspective-gallup-poll-review.aspx

I think most all our players would go

Apr 1, 2017, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Reality is a majority of our players wouldn't go... ]

And if they didn't it would be a very poor reflection of that individual. I didn't like Obama and disagreed with his views for the most part but if I was invited to the White House I wouldn't have thought think twice about it.

But when your in your early twenties you usually aren't the most mature person...there are exceptions of course.

Apr 1, 2017, 10:16 AM

Who is saying there has been no invitation from the White House? I haven't heard so perhaps Clemson has declined due just to scheduling issues, not necessarily any political statement. Has anyone heard for sure?

Apr 1, 2017, 10:58 AM

You could be right - I assumed since there had been no communication there was no invitation. It could be the University turned it down or something else....I really did not mean to imply it was political - just different priorities - logistics could play a big part.

Apr 1, 2017, 11:28 AM

Wow, you got a lot of time on your hands! Wasted time reading this post.

Apr 1, 2017, 11:32 AM

I think if you would do some research, that these visits often take place months after the win. With the President taking office in January, there has not been much time to make any arrangements. It could still happen. Unfortunately, the players that won, may be scattered to their new lives when it finally happens.

Apr 1, 2017, 11:35 AM

I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that the Clemson AD is going to keep quiet and hope that any notion of an invite quietly goes away. There is no way to win this situation, making the trip will upset fans, refusing the offer will upset fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they wait a few months, there won't be a problem

Apr 1, 2017, 1:09 PM

President Pence will be less controversial than DJT.

Patriots April 23, but

Apr 1, 2017, 1:13 PM

It might only be Brady and Belichick by then. That is if Giselle lets him go-she hates the orange guy.

they are going in May

Apr 1, 2017, 1:28 PM

tough to schedule with spring practice, Prowl and Growls, etc.

Plus, the big guy is quite busy himself.

May is the first opportunity. Might slip to June.

Apr 1, 2017, 8:29 PM

Hold the ceremony in Russia, and the President would have is ###.. there.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic