Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
some musician from some band deaded
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 348

some musician from some band deaded

Mar 4, 2019, 10:52 AM

I never heard of him or his band.
RIP anyways.

LONDON (AP) — Keith Flint, lead singer of dance-electronic band The Prodigy, has been found dead at his home near London. He was 49.

Flint was the stage persona of the band, whose hits "Firestarter" and "Breathe" fused techno, breakbeat and acid house music. The band sold 30 million records, taking rave music from an insular community of party-goers and bringing it to an international audience.

The energetic frontman was also known for his distinctive look: black eyeliner and hair spiked into two horns.

"A true pioneer, innovator and legend," the band said in a statement confirming his death. "He will be forever missed."

Born Keith Charles Flint on Sept. 17, 1969 in east London, he moved to Braintree, Essex as a child, where he met co-founder Liam Howlett at a nightclub.

The band was known as much for their overt anti-establishment stance as much for their music. They were vocal critics of the U.K.'s Criminal Justice And Public Order Act 1994, which banned the raves popularized in the late-1980s during the so-called Second Summer of Love.

https://www.wspa.com/news/keith-flint-singer-of-electronic-band-the-prodigy-dies-1/1825477935

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard of the band, but didn't know the guy's name.

Mar 4, 2019, 10:57 AM

I'm sure the entire dance-electronic band community is deeply saddened by his passing.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not easy fusing techno, breakbeat and acid house music

Mar 4, 2019, 11:00 AM

as you well know.

Does it say how he died?

Mar 4, 2019, 11:00 AM

Did somebody smack that bitch up?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he fused techno, breakbeat and acid house music

Mar 4, 2019, 11:03 AM

the explosion was felt as far away as Canterbury.

Re: he fused techno, breakbeat and acid house music

Mar 4, 2019, 11:05 AM

I still have this album from the Napster days (I didn't pay for it, so that makes it acceptable).

https://vimeo.com/31482159

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Video is cool

Mar 4, 2019, 11:50 AM

music sucked

I would tell you that ecstasy helps,

Mar 4, 2019, 12:03 PM

but I don't think there's anything invented that's going to make Prodigy particularly palatable at our advanced ages.

Re: Does it say how he died?

Mar 4, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Does it say how he died? ]

Killed himself and has being saying that he would for a long time. He said something a couple years ago to the tune of, when I am ready to go, I will just kill myself.

HUGE pill popper from I read this morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good tunes

Mar 4, 2019, 11:24 AM

that I heard from them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I used to listen to them a lot,

Mar 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

Then one day my X source skipped town and I misplaced my pacifier and glow sticks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic