Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Video: Top 10 clemson catches of all time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Video: Top 10 clemson catches of all time

Feb 21, 2019, 8:40 AM

I was talking to some friends about the top catches Clemson has ever had and figured I'd put together a video of my personal top 10

https://youtu.be/oVGst-TmcQU

I also made a WRU video as most of the good videos of catches are recent.

https://youtu.be/h4MJ5tXBkdo

Videos are not comprehensive but feel to comment any catches i missed. I really wanted to include the chansi one handed grab at wf but there wasn't any good video of it. HD changed everything.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-shoelesscu.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait. Whut the whut? Is this the real Shoeless? Posting a

Feb 21, 2019, 8:44 AM

video??

Doth my eyes deceive me???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT VIDEO!

Feb 21, 2019, 9:03 AM

Thanks brother. I don't get on as much anymore, so I'm not sure if this is some sort of a "homecoming," but it's great to see your work again nonetheless!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait. Whut the whut? Is this the real Shoeless? Posting a

Feb 21, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Wait. Whut the whut? Is this the real Shoeless? Posting a ]

Maybe include Dwight Clark's "The Catch" in the end as a bonus?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catch_(American_football)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Dwight Clark's catch was in the NFL - are you thinking..

Feb 21, 2019, 1:44 PM

about "The Catch" by Jerry Butler against the Coxx???

Hard to leave off CJ Spiller torching GT, but good list***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best catches... not necessarily catch and run

Feb 21, 2019, 9:08 AM

More about the actual catch than the play. Other than Jamie Harper there's not a lot of RBs or even TEs in this anyway.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-shoelesscu.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Video: Top 10 clemson catches of all time

Feb 21, 2019, 9:15 AM

Terrific video! I might argue that Nuk’s catch in the Peach Bowl was, not only a terrific catch, but also set Clemson and Coach Swinney on our current run of greatness. I’d place it first! Thanks for your good work. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jordan Leggett's catch

Feb 21, 2019, 9:31 AM

On the final drive is as good as ANY in Tiger history. That catch and Nuk's 4th and 16 are bookends in importance to Clemson football history.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Leggett's catch

Feb 21, 2019, 11:37 AM

brice to higgins as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Awesome. I think you gotta have Tuttle's Natty winning catch

Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 AM

in there somewhere. It wasn't as spectacular as some of these, but it was incredibly important.

Also, watching your video is a poignant reminder of what great talent MBryant had (maybe still has?).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awesome. I think you gotta have Tuttle's Natty winning catch

Feb 21, 2019, 9:56 AM

Agree. Made me sad to see Bryant’s spectacular catch. So much talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 9:35 AM

Your Top 10 list is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait for your 2018 natty video***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:48 AM

There's something in these hills.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:55 AM

It's amazing that Sammy Watkins who is #2 all time in receptions, #1 all time in receiving yards, and #1 all time in receiving TDs didn't make the top 10 list of best receptions, it's a personal list so that excusable. But how does he make only like 3 BRIEF appearances in the WRU video that are so short there isn't even announcer audio saying his name like with most of the rest of the receptions.

it's not comprehensive...

Feb 21, 2019, 12:33 PM

I went looking for more from sammy, actually spent a whole day looking through games for him and nuk to include and one thing about sammy is he made plays after the catch. His plays vs Maryland 2011, uga 2013, or vs fsu etc etc he was wide open deep or took a short pass to the house... he made plays and was one of the greatest we ever had but he did it differently. Also, I really couldn't get a lot of high quality footage from games until basically 2014 and 1080p and even 720 trump SD

I mean, it's a great program to have when we are fussing over how many great players & plays aren't included in this.

Re: it's not comprehensive...

Feb 21, 2019, 1:22 PM

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

I see your point regarding the plays after catch as to why he wouldn't be in the 10 greatest catches, but the WRU video seemed to me to be more than just catches and more about the WRs that we've had. He played with Nuk And Martavis, so I would figure that if you had a lot of videos of those two there would be videos available for Sammy as well.

Thanks for the videos, not meaning to nit-pick. I was just surprised.

It depends on if you're talking about "most memorable" or...

Feb 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

the "most difficult."

Most memorable for me without a doubt is HR catching the TD pass from DS in 2016 for the NC.

I still go for "The Catch" by Jerry Butler as my most difficult catch. Of course, there have been plenty of other difficult catches such as in the NC games this past season and in 2016. But I was in W-B watching the night Butler made that grab over his head and it was remarkable. You had to be there to understand how high he jumped and how much he had to stretch his arms to catch that ball on his fingertips. And for the Coxx to foolishly think they had the game won only for that to happen was priceless.

Yeah, for me "The Catch" is still "The Catch."

Re: It depends on if you're talking about "most memorable" or...

Feb 21, 2019, 4:54 PM

I was there.

No cigars tonight. Take that coots!!!!

Kudos for you Number 1 choice. All time great.***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:03 AM

Shoeless has been making the best videos since early 2000s

Feb 21, 2019, 11:06 AM

a Tigernet Institution

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Shoeless has been making the best videos since early 2000s

Feb 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

A catch worthy of Top Ten consideration was Hunter Renfrow going over the Syracuse DBs back last year! Amazing catch and key to the NC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He made them before the AD got smart.***

Feb 21, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Shoeless has been making the best videos since early 2000s ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2008 Cullen Harper to Jacoby Ford vs. SC

Feb 21, 2019, 1:13 PM

While being sacked and falling down Harper throws to a W-I-D-E open Ford for the touchdown.

Not the best throw and catch of all time but it was against the coots so that makes it one of the best in my book.

Great job otherwise!!! Thanks Shoeless!!!

I remember that one.

Feb 21, 2019, 5:37 PM

Jacoby was on the sideline "tying his shoe" and went completely unnoticed by the Coot defenders until it was too late.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 21, 2019, 5:11 PM

I still remember the pain inflicted on the coots by that Rod Gardner catch. They still remember it and it still bothers them, as they think it was a push-off. In reality, both players were hand -fighting and you see that every day now without a flag being thrown. You can stop the action and make it look like it was just Gardner pushing off and the coots have hung that pass interference hat on that still photo since it happened .....LOL!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leggett's catch against Bama on the final drive should probably be on here***

Feb 21, 2019, 5:49 PM

Flawless as always ... how about DW4's first TD pass

Feb 21, 2019, 6:41 PM

to C Peake at Georgia. It certainly foreshadowed the greatness that was to come.

Feb 21, 2019, 6:42 PM

Awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 21, 2019, 7:14 PM

You got to find room for:

Jordan Leggett
The catch in the Natty during the 2 minutes thrill.
Catches against FSU and Louisville.

Big Mike Williams (BMW) Natty catch in 2 minute thrill.
Catches against coots and BC.

Sammy catch against UGA was yuge. It’s even used on commercials for flat screen TVs.

Unreal Movie Reel of Such Unreal Catching Talent!

Feb 21, 2019, 7:45 PM

Thx Joe!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 8:16 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

Feb 21, 2019, 8:55 PM

I know Dwight Clark did not have that a spectacular catches on tape, but his to clutch receptions are what put the Tigers in position for Butler's catch. And this from a team that was known as a running team. You might want to look up the catch that Tuttle mad in the National Champoionship game that made the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic