Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's an opinion piece with a good healthy dose of truth.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 527

Here's an opinion piece with a good healthy dose of truth.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:48 PM

"According to the make-believe world of the left, we are experiencing a great moment in American racial history. For the first time, the story goes, more whites than ever are coming to realize how racist America is, how racist cops are and how systemically racist everything in America is.

Only now do many Americans understand just how racist Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima, Ulysses Grant, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, "whitening" agents, meritocracy, Western culture, Christianity, jailing blacks and the NFL are. The bestselling book in America is about alleged "white fragility" -- the term for any rational response to the irrational charge that all whites are racist.

All this is supposed to be good for America's blacks.

But none of it is. In fact, it is all destructive.

Take the movement to defund police departments and the incessant charges of "police brutality" and "racist police." Only those who don't care about blacks other than using them to advance their power -- Democrats and the rest of the left, both black and white -- argue this war against the police is good for blacks. Already the increase in the number of blacks murdered, not to mention injured, is reaching levels unseen in decades. And there is every reason to assume, as police pull back from high-crime areas, it will get worse.

Take the left-wing mantra that all whites are racist. If I wanted to obstruct black progress, and especially damage black children, I couldn't come up with a more effective idea. To believe from early childhood that you walk through life held in contempt by all of your fellow citizens who are white is to walk through life with much more than a chip on your shoulder. It is more like a heavy boulder.

It means that you will walk through life with two paralyzing burdens: anger and victimhood. Either one is enough to ruin your life. Combined they're devastating. It gives one an idea of how cynical the left is that it would want to cultivate both of these life-ruining emotions in as many blacks as possible.

Anger and victimhood not only ruin the individual's life but also destroy one's relationships with others. Everyone who has an angry individual in their family knows not only how unhappy that person is but also how much havoc they wreak on the rest of the family. The same holds true for the relative who sees him or herself as a perpetual victim. Such people are both miserable and miserable to be around. And since victimhood is a major cause of evil -- people who see themselves as victims usually think they are not nearly as bound by moral rules as others are -- they are more likely to hurt others.

The "protesters" who destroy and loot think their victim status allows them to destroy and loot. The man identified as the president of the greater New York Black Lives Matter, Hawk Newsome, recently told Fox News: "If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation."

Dennis Prager

https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2020/06/30/the-present-moment-has-set-blacks-back-a-halfcentury-n2571585

'Y,' key sticky, do the math.
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Victim hood is a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Jun 30, 2020, 10:15 PM

Especially when they are raised that way.

I had a co-worker that was always the victim. The truth never mattered, he was always the one screwed. His wife had the same mindset.

He always got screwed and never promoted because he whined and complained. Constantly. So when he finally quit he was ‘proven’ right that he was the victim and getting screwed. It wasn’t his attitude and work ethic? Nah, can’t be.

His wife was a public school teacher. She kept trying to get in to the admin side but had no idea what she was doing teaching. Again, same self-fulfilling prophecy and she was the victim and being passed over. She mainly blamed it on that she was a woman. Never mind that fact that education is a female dominated industry. She ended up quitting because everyone was out to get her. Again, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This mindset is taught. Often times they watch their parents blame others for their failures. Take ownership of your failures, grow from them, and earn what you want.

The American Dream is still out there regardless of what people say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oddly, I'm seeing this same line of thought with a lot of

Jun 30, 2020, 10:28 PM

Trump supporters.

The virus is a hoax, being perpetrated on them...by someone...making them the victim. Everyone is against them. Why do they have to wear masks?

Its a weird world out there right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His whole campaign was “you’ve been getting screwed and I’m

Jun 30, 2020, 10:37 PM

going to fix all the deals”

"The election is rigged by the crooked media!"

Jun 30, 2020, 10:42 PM

-President Victim

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

My question... Why is the 'Y' key so sticky...? ;~)***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's math.

Jul 1, 2020, 8:54 AM

It relates to the angle of the dangle and inverse proximity of the whole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reality as always is somewhere in the middle.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:31 PM

We do have real systemic problems in our justice system with inequitable treatment of minorities. There’s really no way to deny that with a straight face.

Take use of force statistics, sentencing, plea percentages, arrest rates for pot, traffic stops etc. The argument is always pivoted towards socioeconomics, but I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with a justice system that favors the wealthy either. Doesn’t seem very American.

What we’ve got now is a bunch of white folks at big companies that are scratching their heads as to what to do and they end up on mostly symbolic gestures instead of focusing on the fact that these systems still exist and should be changed, reformed, better trained, whatever.

Last time I looked at a protest I didn’t see any signs calling out Aunt Jemima pancakes.

I think you are confusing a couple issue by trying to...

Jul 1, 2020, 8:53 AM

relate them to one another.

Companies who are outing their 'racism,' are doing so because SJW are constantly searching for ways to prove their wokeness and anywhere is a good venue. I don't know that they are helping anyone and the companies are only trying to protect their bottom lines.

The justice system favors the wealthy because the more you spend on a lawyer the less you spend in prison. That's life, not the justice system.

-100 points for "the left" in the very first sentence.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:38 PM

#YAWWWA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

If it rain and you don't have an umbrella wouldn't you...

Jul 1, 2020, 8:33 AM

drown with you nose turned straight up like that?

-1000 points for equating not ruining America with snobbery.***

Jul 1, 2020, 8:54 AM

- Jonathan Swift

wait until they raise taxes, the min wage and other

Jul 1, 2020, 7:40 AM

destructive means to grind the economy down and increase unemployment of the people that need the jobs the most.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 527
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic