Topic: Vice President Biden literally just passed the President
Replies: 33   Last Post: Nov 4, 2020, 10:04 AM by: Tharealdonjuan
[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 33  

Vice President Biden literally just passed the President

[4]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:07 AM

in Michigan (on CNN's website live updating, anyway).

Showing such on Fox, too, if that's of interest to you.***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:08 AM

But that's just cause

[2]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:10 AM

The Democrats are cheating by allowing the legal mail-in votes that everyone agreed beforehand would lean heavily Democratic to still be counted.

Smells fishy.

2021 white level member

Run along Stewart, before I get bored of behavin'.

Re: But that's just cause

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

It's funny how they all found votes in a warehouse some where. That is not fishy @ all.

Link?***

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:13 AM

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

This is true. I just saw it on Facebook. I'm headed up

[2]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:23 AM

there with a few #2 pencils and a pad of paper to cast more votes that they can find later. Anyone want to ride?

Not me. Imma lay low.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 10:04 AM

I’ve already voted four times in 3 states.

Senate race getting tight there, too. I going to guess

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:10 AM

that goes to the incumbent Democrat, Sen. Peters.

Come on, Sens. Collins and Tillis...

John James is the only person in

[2]

MI politics that could and would actually help the AA population. He is from here, a businessman, not a bit of bad blood, actually lives and cares about MI. Its going to be sad for the people of MI if he loses.

2021 orange level member

Re: Vice President Biden literally just passed the President

[1]

AP generally has the most accurate reporting (here via NY Times). Just in case anyone wants it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

BTW, not that I like the result, but kudos to Michigan

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:21 AM

and Wisconsin, who appear to have worked around the clock and are getting close to the finish line in counting votes this morning.

Yeah, sucks. Pa. won't matter after they call WI & MI

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:23 AM

Not sure what to do now.

going to be painful going through mass layoffs like I did 2008-2016.

I pray everybody else's jobs aren't affected by the democratic economic/business policies like mine (and a lot of my friends/family) is.

Crazy how there were no layoffs due to a Pandemic, but when

[2]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:25 AM

a democrat gets in office, that means massive layoffs. That is just crazy.

if you've never experienced it then you wouldn't know***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:27 AM

No, I've been lucky to not be cut from a position but I have

[2]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:32 AM

had to take pay cuts multiple times through much different presidencies, both Republican and Democratic, and had friends let go at those times as well. Tough times happen, blaming it squarely on policies by one party or another is certainly short-sighted but it would waste my time trying to discuss that with you.

and kudos for your fortunate situation....I always say......

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:36 AM

vote for whomever you feel gives the best policies that benefits ones self and family.

but policies on business/economy DO differ and DO make a difference. Unfortunately for me/my family, we're on the losing side this time around........congrats on your victory.

Re: and kudos for your fortunate situation....I always say......

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:37 AM

What industry?

2021 white level member

the national construction industry***

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:38 AM

Same here.***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:39 AM

so I'm assuming you've also been communicating with

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:47 AM

owners/developers across the country (pre-election) that have put numerous projects on hold (industrial, ecommerce, etc...) awaiting the outcome in fear of more shutdowns(short term) and corporate tax implications(long term). Most feel that "short term" there's enough pent up demand that we'll see a decent run through at least Q2/Q3 2021, but will tail off if Biden is elected. Manufacturers are concerned as well, citing their mass production decrease.

I pray for the leadership regardless of what party wins (like I did w/ Obama), but their policies aren't in the best interest of the industry that I'm in.

NCDOT f*cked alot of my projects about 10 months ago

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:49 AM

so we have been working on other stuff. Tough 6 months but we have rebounded. Pandemic has made things so much worse. Got out of working with Private Developers about 10 years ago, terribly feast or famine.

my brother in law works for a company that's on an NCDOT

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 10:03 AM

project.......he has same frustrations.

Re: the national construction industry***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:50 AM

I know people that made a fortune in that industry under Obama.

2021 white level member

good for them......I know a lot of people who lost a fortune

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:55 AM

and their jobs.

Our business has really well the last 4 years, I pray it continues regardless of outcome, but I've seen both sides in my working lifetime and I prefer the last 4 years.

and I'm fine if you prefer the other side (that's the beauty of America). I'm simply stating MY preference & experience, everybody's different.

Are you in home building or commercial construction? Or more transportation construction?***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:51 AM

industrial, manufacturing, some commercial,

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 10:01 AM

we deal a lot with large e-commerce distribution centers & sortation facilities, aviation production facilities, etc...

Re: if you've never experienced it then you wouldn't know***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:37 AM

We have almost 8% unemployment now and a lot more layoffs were already coming. Exxon is already planning to layoff 15% of their global workforce and this was announced before Biden. The covid situation is crushing them.

2021 white level member

This is just hyperbole...

[3]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:39 AM

We really have an almost potential perfect outcome here...dem in White House but pubs keep control of the senate...pretty much ensures that nothing drastic will get done AND we may regain some modicum of respect on the world stage and restore some sanity.

Re: This is just hyperbole...

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 10:01 AM

Yeah I can live with Biden with an R Senate and the R's gaining in the House. Also did well in SC and local elections.

I'm actually pretty tired of the nonstop drama from both sides. Trump has some good policies but the self-inflicted wounds are too much to overcome. If he could have just kept his mouth shut, he would have likely won by a decent margin. I do think he did a good job of fighting back against some of the HRC/Obama stuff, but it kinda got played out after 4 years. Some of the Tweets were just inexplicable.

I think the overall results of the election show Biden that the country is very evenly split and clearly doesn't want to go for the far left stuff. So hopefully, he will govern as a moderate as he said. I think the stock market will like gridlock and status quo at this point.

2021 orange level member

I bet WI and MI are called in the next few hours.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:33 AM

GA and NC not far behind. Nothing happens in Nevada until tomorrow, and Pennsylvania will probably be last.

Re: I bet WI and MI are called in the next few hours.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:55 AM

They are saying after lunch on those 2

Literally?***

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:52 AM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Literally referring to the word "just"

[1]
Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:54 AM

not "passed," but touche. :)

No no no, you got me thinking now.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:56 AM

I think this election should come down to a literal foot race, 1 mile (was gonna say 5k or marathon, but these guys might die), winner is president.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 33  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section D row R...$4800 for the four. Email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
473 people have read this post