Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How can I rarely see any politicians talk about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 369

How can I rarely see any politicians talk about

Jun 30, 2020, 1:58 PM

the need to wear a mask, while wearing a mask? I understand they may not be within 6 feet of another person, but wouldn't it help just normalize the appearance of the mask, if they just wore one while they're talking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*How come****

Jun 30, 2020, 1:58 PM

Vice President Biden is an example, right now.

Jun 30, 2020, 2:01 PM

(I think he may talking right now, if my Twitter feed is any indication.)

I am reading that he is saying he would make it a national requirement to wear a mask, but he's not wearing one. Just seems like it would help show seriousness in the message.

Dr. Fauci today in his hearing, another example.***

Jun 30, 2020, 2:06 PM

just saw a video of him ripping it off his face

Jun 30, 2020, 2:08 PM

after the cameras went off lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The videos I saw, he was giving testimony,

Jun 30, 2020, 2:09 PM

obviously very much on camera, and was not wearing one.

he was very dishonest in his testimony

Jun 30, 2020, 2:12 PM

he was asked about telling people to not wear them initially.
He got mad and said it was to save them for doctors.
OK, BUT you told a total lie and ALSO told people they dont work and why they dont work and to not wear them.

Where you couldve just told the truth and said, hey save them for the doctors

But later you had to say, Oh my bad, they actually do work and wear them now.

He didnt get called on his total lie to the American people

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see that part. I saw one part where

Jun 30, 2020, 2:14 PM

I thought he gave a downright heroic answer...something to the effect of "I can only tell you what the facts say". Anyways, that doesn't sound very good coming from me, but the little clip I watched of him was outstanding.

Re: I didn't see that part. I saw one part where

Jun 30, 2020, 3:17 PM

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/06/23/anthony-fauci-masks-question-vpx.cnn

and it wasn't that they just said not to wear them...

Jun 30, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to he was very dishonest in his testimony ]

but it was toned in a way too suggest you're an idiot if you think they help.

He is right, they did say save them for the doctors, but only panicky people wear masks. And I remember thinking that when I saw people wearing masks back in March.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Dr. Fauci acknowledged that the advice

Jun 30, 2020, 2:19 PM

given previously was not as accurate as the advice given today? I can understand the advice changing as circumstances change, and knowledge changes, but it would be good of him and others to publicly recognize prior shortcomings.

I'm not sure...

Jun 30, 2020, 2:36 PM

I didn't watch. I too have no problem with them being wrong and adjusting the information based on new knowledge. I have a problem with the way they originally presented it.

They were as sure (at least they acted like they were) of the earlier information as they are of the information that they have now.

I may have totally interpreted it wrong earlier, but it felt like the experts and scientists were saying only simpletons were wearing masks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't remember having that perception

Jun 30, 2020, 2:40 PM

But that doesn't mean your perception is invalid, of course. Especially in a crisis situation, our leaders have a responsibility to relay information in a manner that instills confidence in what they are saying, and also a level of grace.

it could be quite possible due to my bias***

Jun 30, 2020, 2:45 PM

while they are speaking they shouldn't wear masks

Jun 30, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Dr. Fauci today in his hearing, another example.*** ]

we forget how much we really depend on lip reading in translating vocal communication.

I was in a store the other day ordering something and the lady I was talking to had a mask on and speaking quite loudly and I had trouble understanding every word.

I know, I'm old

I have trouble with that every day, but I adjust

Jun 30, 2020, 2:13 PM

ask them to repeat if I have to. My hearing is pretty bad, no joke.

Anyways, I understand that, but I figured if talking into a microphone, it'd probably come out OK, and it would go a long way for public opinion to see our leaders consistently wearing them when they are in public.

Good leaders lead by example.

Jun 30, 2020, 2:07 PM

So.....anyway, that should explain things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 369
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic