Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Peake: "I felt like we dominated the game" vs. Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Peake: "I felt like we dominated the game" vs. Alabama

Jan 29, 2016, 10:11 AM

Peake: "I felt like we dominated the game" vs. Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Peake: "I felt like we dominated the game" vs. Alabama

Jan 29, 2016, 10:19 AM

We did great, except gor kickoff coverage. Unfortunately, those are very important, too. I want us to get Special Teams fixed. It's a miracle we were able to overcome that weakness prior to the NC. I hope that getsthe attention it deserves and becomes a strength. It has been a weakness for way too long. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, but the key to the whole game may have been when

Jan 29, 2016, 10:32 AM

we had the ball twice around mid-field, up 24-21, and Bama's D stopped us.

On one drive, DW missied a wide open Renfrow on the sideline. On another drive, there was a fumble on a botched handoff from DW to Gallman that put us at 2nd and 12.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yea, but the key to the whole game may have been when

Jan 29, 2016, 10:35 AM

Yep... there was some very questionable play calling on that drive too. Hated the 3rd down play where we threw a corner route to Leggett.

Another somewhat overshadowed deal was the clock debacle at end of 1st half. Who knows what would have happened had we not had to call a TO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Uggg the end of the first half

Jan 29, 2016, 10:47 AM

There HAS to be a mechanism put into place to correct that. It's an obvious clock error which can be easily solved, but there is not a mechanism currently to do so.

We had to call a Timeout to stop a clock that shouldn't have been moving in the first place, it makes no sense that it can not be corrected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. It amazed me that they didn't stop the game to

Jan 29, 2016, 2:17 PM

review the clock and potentially (would have definitely) add more time back. However, I still think that 9 seconds is plenty of time to throw to the endzone and still kick a FG if that doesnt work. I was upset that we kicked the FG with 9 seconds left.

Not so sure there

Jan 29, 2016, 2:25 PM

Now maybe you set up and throw a quick out to maybe pick up 5/10 yards or so, but throwing to the endzone when they know you aren't running and won't tbe throwing a pass of any depth without it going to the endzone is a recipe for an interception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uggg the end of the first half

Jan 29, 2016, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Uggg the end of the first half ]

If Dabo had to call a timeout to get clock stopped, and they realized it was bad clock running... Would he not be able to get timeout back once they realize the situation, and timeout was only to get more time back... Kinda like calling a timeout for review, and they give timeout back? Crazy!! there should have been 14 sec. And a timeout...

Re: Yea, but the key to the whole game may have been when

Jan 29, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Yea, but the key to the whole game may have been when ]

Yes, and there were many times when we stopped them, too. That's what defenses are supposed to do, and ours and theirs performed pretty well. Our Offense performed very well, as did theirs, and both both had some successes and some misfires. Our stats were pretty good, and in fact good enough to win the game. When we score 40 points we should win the game. The Special teams play (lack thereof) was the difference in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 10:25 AM

Well that makes it even more frustrating that we lost. End of the day...... Scoreboard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep..we lost & Bammer has 4 Natties in 7 years!

Jan 29, 2016, 10:31 AM

Unreal but they've been there & done that, which meant a lot as far as knowing what to do to Gut eR Done.

We will learn & be back ASAP!

GoTiGERS...keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will get 4 more in 7 years as long as Saban is there

Jan 29, 2016, 12:53 PM

Hope Clemson can get ONE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very,very glad

Jan 29, 2016, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake: "I felt like we dominated the game" vs. Alabama ]

To see Reeder make this all star team. Many of you don't realize what he went through with the death of his father but it had a dramatic on him as a young man. His return to the team was a real highlight to the season and the Tigers really responded to his presence on the field. I hope he can continue with his football career. He certainly deserves every break he can get. Our coaches did a fantastic job with him. Especially coach Brooks

When you score 40 and your QB breaks Vince Young's

Jan 29, 2016, 2:46 PM

records, you should win the game. You were let down by your:

Kick off team and kick return team as well as the secondary. The secondary is somewhat excused because of the loss of Alexander.

The only thing I fault the offense for is when you have two possessions up 24-21 in 3rd and 4th quarters, a score there makes it awfully hard on Bama. Just couldn't manage to score when up three and had two possessions and also up 14-7 with one possession. But this loss falls on the kick return team and the kickoff coverage team.

Re: When you score 40 and your QB breaks Vince Young's

Jan 29, 2016, 3:03 PM

It was more than that. The Defense never adjusted to OJ Howard. He 3 blown coverages and a missed tackles equals over 200 yards receiving.

Jan 29, 2016, 5:01 PM

We were out coached. They saw our deficiencies and exploited them. That's what great coaches do. We had the better team, but the better team doesn't always win.

Feb 3, 2016, 3:21 PM

Specifically, Lane Kiffin outcoached Brent Venables.

Nothing against Venables at all, I just don't think Lane Kiffin gets enough credit for what he did during that game. Alabama ran plays they hadn't run all year and they executed them without turning the ball over once. Beating Alabama is hard.

Then there is just luck: Calvin Ridley falling flat on his face while trying to block Adrian Baker only to be in perfect position to stop Kearse from getting outside. Jake Coker throwing the pass of his life down the sidelines. An out of position DB in a perfect position to pick off Watson. That's football.

Jan 29, 2016, 8:13 PM

Love you man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dominated facets ... Special Teams is of 1/3 game***

Jan 29, 2016, 10:37 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic