Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: IPTAY donation update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Update: IPTAY donation update

Jan 5, 2013, 10:40 AM

IPTAY donation update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: IPTAY donation update

Jan 5, 2013, 10:48 AM

IPTAY is what puts us ahead of our competition. We had 14,900 members last year that donated 20,000,000 dollars. IPTAY is what keeps us competitive right now with that other conference in our backyard. I fully expect for us to hit 16,000 members this upcoming year.

This also speaks to the job that DRad is doing. I can tell you this. He is about HAM on facilities in Clemson, and the fan base believes in his track record.

I am Sure Brownell isn't the reason...

Jan 5, 2013, 11:10 AM

This is te kind of stuff that will keep Dabo around....

Stadium attendance was up 2% (I think we were the only ACC school up this year).....That and IPTAY up trumps the USC loses

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

This trumps the Scar losses???

Jan 5, 2013, 11:45 AM

Let's not get too carried away here! Only beating the dirt peckers will rectify the horribleness of this year's loss!

Re: This trumps the Scar losses???

Jan 5, 2013, 11:51 AM

If we keep giving at this rate we will have the facilities we need to compete at the level we all want. When we build those facilities the top student athletes will want to be a part of our basketball, football, and baseball programs. When those athletes come to Clemson we won't have to worry about this span of crap years.

To be honest Scar was down in Columbia building facilities and we just turned our heads. When they built the baseball stadium. We turned our heads. When they won 2 national championships after building that stadium we stopped turning our heads. I think the fan base is excited. I think they actually want to be a part of the solution, and yes that involves our cash.

There was a point when Clemson fans didn't comprehend exactly what IPTAY is used for. With the facility arms race that is going on right now it woke everyone up. This is going to be fun

Bringing in Radakovich is key, too...

Jan 5, 2013, 3:01 PM

...in building up facilities. Both Clemson and GT are the smaller state schools of the two sports dominated ones, although Georgia's university structure is a lot different. And Radakovich was able to wrangle both public and private money to meet his goals. In a state where the fans are about 3 to 1 UGA diehards (or more lately - I'm referring to my youth, many, many years ago), that's an achievement. His magic will help Clemson, no doubt.

Re: I am Sure Brownell isn't the reason...

Jan 5, 2013, 2:34 PM [ in reply to I am Sure Brownell isn't the reason... ]

THEFIGHTINGDABOS, why would you make such a negative comment about Brownell? You show a total lack of class with that comment! Brownell has very good credentials and he is trying to bring back basketball at Clemson after the last coach sucked the life out of Clemson basketball and then departed in the darkness of night for another school. Purnell did not have enough class to even tell his players that he was leaving. Incredible, and not representative of what we want for coaches at Clemson. What Dabo inherited at Clemson is far above what Brownell inherited and like Dabo is doing in football, Brownell will bring respectability back to Clemson basketball. The only problem is if alleged fans like you continue to make comments like you made in your "heading statement" about Brownell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have the most ignorant name on this board***

Jan 5, 2013, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I am Sure Brownell isn't the reason... ]

Jan 5, 2013, 11:50 AM

Stadium attendance up 2% and IPTAY donations trump the losses to SC? I really don't even know how respond to that. I will respond to the tweet. I believe DRad is bringing a more customer oriented apprach. While I am sure the IPTAY office was "getting it done" next year I would expect to see that tweet same IPTAY donors "getting it done". Maybe a small thing but would reflect a change in attitude.

You don't understand the economics of the game then...

Jan 5, 2013, 12:15 PM

If stadium attendance was down and IPTAY contributions were down then the USC loses would be a real issue, but we are now a perennial 10 game winning team, recent ACC champion, 2 time Division champ, CFB Champ with a signature win over one of the top teams of the last decade......

Don't get me wrong.........losing to USC sucks...but it is not the only thing that matters....the overall body of health of Clemson football is as good as it has been since Danny Ford left and that has been a long time....

The increase in attendance and IPTAY allows us to compete at the highest level for the best athletes while also creating a demand in enrollment for folks to want to attend college...

Big Picture my friend

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: You don't understand the economics of the game then...

Jan 5, 2013, 12:25 PM

Not just talking about football either.

This has to be said. Clemson's baseball program deserves better than DK. It is time to make that place look like the home of one of the top baseball programs in the country. Clemson's basketball program deserves a fighting chance. If ranked 1-14 our basketball facilities including LJ (the box with rusted beams) would rank right around 11-14. If you don't believe me go check out Louisville YUM Center, Pitt's arena, PNC arena, GT's new arena, UVA's new arena, Miami's new arena. The only basketball facilities that are worse than ours in my opinion is FSU and possibly Syracuse (because they actually play in a football stadium)

Its past time to get our coaches what they need to compete.

Very well said my friend.....

Jan 5, 2013, 12:39 PM

DK especially needs an upgrade. Goosd start with the extra seating but locker rooms and areas for recruits and donors needs MAJOR attention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

Re: You don't understand the economics of the game then...

Jan 5, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to You don't understand the economics of the game then... ]

FIGHTINGDABOS, good post. It certainly is different than your post concerning Brownell and Iptay donations. Emphasis at Clemson is on football and I understand that, but we also need to support our other teams, also. I am for everything Clemson, and based on this post, I think you are too. Thanks!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2013, 12:08 PM

Would have "re-upped" regardless of the LSU win, but it was nice to put that check in the mail with Tiger Rag ringing in my ear.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic